1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. SearchOfSub

The last paragraph. I remember when I first got Mojo and tried Mojo through USB with supplied stock usb cable vs. a $250.00 optical cable through optical port on mojo I thought usb sounded better with stock cable. Only to find out the next few hours later it was only the initial dynamics on the usb port that jumped out at me made it seem that way. Never used usb port on Mojo again after going back to optical. You should atleast listen to it a day or two before making decision.

2. sharon124
    Hi, That means rather using provided usb cable , using silver usb cable will improve sound quality.
    Note: if use it with cck with apple device

3. onsionsi

Which one do you preferred eventually?
    And can you elaborate the difference between two devices?

4. SearchOfSub

Now I use Lifatec Glass cable so it's not the silver cable I used before into optical port. In both cases it sounds better through optical than usb. I've tried different usb cables into Mojo and the higher quality cable always sound better to me. (obviously comes with higher price tag tho). So I do not think it's always the silver material that is making sound better. The diff. usb cables were all copper.

5. RPB65
    So, what would be a decent USB cable via CCK to iPhone 6S+? IMHO, surely if you are buying an expensive USB cable, then that is wasted by the fact it has to go through the CCK cable anyway? That CCK cable is nothing special, certainly not when compared to a supposedly 'good' USB cable.

6. jmills8
    By "better" you mean the sound was brighter? More sub bass ? Wider sound stage?

7. SearchOfSub

The sound was calmer and more smooth and better details, imaging etc. Kind of like the difference from mp3 file and as you go up to DSD kind of difference you hear with same setup.

jmills8 likes this.
  8. cirodts
    Onkyo dp x1 or samsung s3 + mojo, with which solution will have a more suitable sound to rock sound detailed warm sound and especially non-fatiguing.

9. Mython Contributor

Rob has discussed the (relative**) immunity of optical connections to RF, and the influences of undesirable RF on analogue circuitry. A USB cable may well be carrying a digital signal, but it can also, inadvertently, carry RF noise which may manage to influence analogue components on the PCB (any DAC; not just Mojo).  (**relative since although the connection itself is 'immune', it does not immunise the DAC circuitry from other avenues of RF intrusion, so an optically-connected DAC should not casually be assumed to be immune from RF intrusion)

I quoted some of Rob's comments on this topic, in the 'informative posts' section of post #3; a couple of which are as follows:

vapman likes this.
  10. rkt31
    though I have tried the optical route but a good usb cable with Android in airplane mode is better than coaxial. adding a small ferrite clip on core improves the usb input on mojo and you get the advantage of asynchronous streaming. may be due to asynchronous streaming via usb the sound has better transients and overall more fluid and open than coaxial.

11. rkt31
    'I have not tried ' ( sorry,using my phone so edit option is not there in mobile version)

12. Mython Contributor

No worries.

By the way, have you tried switching the website into desktop mode?  Last time I looked, it was possible, on my Samsung GS2.

13. warrior1975
    Edit is there on mobile for me. I always use mobile, never a problem. Even so, scroll all the way down, and you can see the options for desktop/mobile.

On mobile it looks like a little pen button. Just used it now to add this. In between the flag post and quote options.

14. sharon124

Can anyone pls let me know what does mean by "......USB cables that have ferrites in the cable is a good idea ....."?
    From where i can buy such a cable?
    Pls help me?

15. miketlse