Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 27, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #19,202 of 42,765
Sound qualities did improve BUT for me, it was at the cost of transparency. It was like a veil had been added.

Rob describes the difference as smoother, warmer, less sibilance, and glare. In the past he has also described RF as adding a false sense of detail in the way of brightening the sound. I suppose that in the end it's a matter of preference but it seems your findings aren't too dissimilar to Rob's. In the end which ever gives the most preferred sound to you is the one I'd always recommend.

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #19,204 of 42,765
  My Mojo is about to arrive, meanwhile I've got an Anker PowerPort 5 and a PowerLine Micro USB (this one, 1.8m lenght https://www.anker.com/products/A8133011) for charging as suggested somewhere in this thread. Now, I would use Mojo also as a desktop DAC...how can I connect it to my desktop PC? Is it ok to use the PowerLine Micro USB cable or it's only for charging? The USB cable supplied with Mojo is obviously too short for this purpose.

I am using a similar Anker cable for data/audio and can't hear a difference between it and the OTG cable included w/ the Mojo (or any other decent quality USB cable I've tried). That said, I've never claimed to clearly hear a difference between USB cables (unless comparing a decent quality cable w/ a complete crap one) so consider my opinion if you will :)

Here's the Anker cable I'm using btw: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019Q3T7YG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #19,206 of 42,765
Jun 27, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #19,207 of 42,765
New mojo owner here.Arrived early today and have been charging it for 5 hours and the white battery light switched off.Should i just leave it  till it reaches the recommended 10h first charge as the unit seems to be cooling off to the touch.I am assuming this is to maximize battery life cycle as the charger seems to disconnect after battery is fully charged.

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #19,208 of 42,765
As stated in post #3, when the white charging LED goes off, Mojo is ready to run, so it's time to take a seat, strap yourself in and...

https://youtu.be/HK2enP8IVhM?t=44s

The ten hours applies if Mojo has been in long term storage and the battery is completely flat. So it won't apply now as units are only a few weeks old.

If the white light goes off, it is not charging.

Rob

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #19,209 of 42,765
Regarding the ferrite chokes, what is the general consensus on them? Do they actually do anything? I've found the pure silver micro to micro usb otg cable on an auction site for £24 approx and wondering if its easier to just go with that. Not sure ferrite chokes could be added to that though. The interference is doing my nut in...

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #19,210 of 42,765
If anyone is looking for a budget solution for Optical from an AK unit to the Mojo, this is the way I went......

Fiio L12S

3.5mm to standard adapter plug from ebay

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #19,211 of 42,765
I appreciate that you're suggesting a low-cost compromise option, but I understand that it's really not a good idea to use adapters with optical gear - they can substantially lower the efficiency of light transmission, which is already fraught with problems, at the best of times.

Have you tried the L12s + adapter when sending 24/192?

Jun 27, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #19,212 of 42,765
At this point if any phone to mojo cable doesn't have significant RF/EMI elimination cababilities, i'm not interested. Who cares about sparkly highs when you hear beep, pop and hum the whole song . Shoutout to everyone in an office with poor reception and using a phone w/mojo.

Jun 27, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #19,213 of 42,765
At this point if any phone to mojo cable doesn't have significant RF/EMI elimination cababilities, i'm not interested. Who cares about sparkly highs when you hear beep, pop and hum the whole song . Shoutout to everyone in an office with poor reception and using a phone w/mojo.

Do you have your phone stuck on or close to your Mojo when listening?

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #19,214 of 42,765

Not meaning to play devil's advocate here but why not use a longer USB OTG cable and place it a few inches or feet away from your phone? If you've got a phone constantly rattling the sound looking for a signal when reception is bad then just switch it to Airplane mode and store some of your Spotify or Tidal for offline use. Hell I have unlimited verizon with my Nexus 6 and I still keep a few Tidal playlists offline just in case I'm stuck somewhere with no signal. 

Not trying to step on any toes, just offering alternatives and workarounds. 

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #19,215 of 42,765

Do you have your phone stuck on or close to your Mojo when listening?

Not meaning to play devil's advocate here but why not use a longer USB OTG cable and place it a few inches or feet away from your phone? If you've got a phone constantly rattling the sound looking for a signal when reception is bad then just switch it to Airplane mode and store some of your Spotify or Tidal for offline use. Hell I have unlimited verizon with my Nexus 6 and I still keep a few Tidal playlists offline just in case I'm stuck somewhere with no signal. 

Not trying to step on any toes, just offering alternatives and workarounds. 

FYI:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/19035#post_12673118

Users who are viewing this thread

Back