Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 25, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #19,126 of 42,765
I thought she would enjoy watching football more with the stereo audio.

Nope, she is OK with the tinny sound from a flatscreen TV.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #19,127 of 42,765

Depends on the content IMO. I can watch live sports or talk/reality tv shows on any sound fidelity.

I wouldn't bear it if I'm watching Blu-ray TV shows or blu-ray movies on a tinny TV sound, but if she's not deep into the hobby, she would tolerate it without giving a thought.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #19,128 of 42,765

Depends on the content IMO. I wouldn't bear it if I'm watching Blu-ray TV shows or movies on a tinny TV sound, but if she's not deep into the hobby, she would tolerate it without giving a thought.

Have you tried it with the Shopping Channel?
wink_face.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #19,129 of 42,765
 Have you tried it with the Shopping Channel?

Never watched a shopping channel nor I'm willing to since I hate ads in TVs lol.

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #19,130 of 42,765
She enjoys watching NY Giants football, but does not care about sound quality one-bit (pun intended.)

Actually, I had scheduled our first date on a Saturday when I forgot they were playing the 49ners in the playoffs, she asked if we could watch the game!

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #19,132 of 42,765
She enjoys watching NY Giants football, but does not care about sound quality one-bit (pun intended.)

Actually, I had scheduled our first date on a Saturday when I forgot they were playing the 49ners in the playoffs, she asked if we could watch the game!

Consider how worse things could have been if she had been a NY Jets fan. The cost of  therapy alone would mean going broke.

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #19,133 of 42,765
Has anyone had a problem connecting the mojo to an iphone 4(using CCK 30 pin adapter)?

I bought the mojo from another headfier many months ago and at that time the connection was ok between the mojo and the iphone 4.

I'm not sure why since more than a month ago I can't connect the mojo to the same iphone anymore, it says not supported or something like that when I plug the cable in.

I know that it is an old phone for todays standard and it might be the reason why it is causing this problem, however both the mojo and the iphone can connect to my pc perfectly, so I figured I should ask around.

I will need the mojo for commute everyday in like 2 weeks due to moving office location, so I really want this fixed, else I need to find another way to get a good source for my music on the go.

I also post this in the issue and solution thread, but might as well ask here too

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #19,134 of 42,765

Been there, done that.  There is no making them understand if they don't have any interest.  They just look at you like you are so foolish.  Your only option is to go high end portable, and be sure not to mention the cost. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #19,135 of 42,765
I know we're going off topic but my wife didn't appreciate my audio addiction. She didn't discourage me or have anything negative against it tho. She likely did have questions as to why I would spend so much money on some things tho..

So one day I surprised her with an ATH-M50x and she used that daily for about a year. I got her new hm5 pads and she understood the sound and comfort improvements.

Next I got her some Shure SE215's and found her tips she liked. After awhile one of the nozzles snapped off.

Then I got her a pair of Philips X2s and she loves them.

To replace the SE215's awhile later I got her some Westone W30's and they are her go to headphone period. She loves them. A few months of her having them I got her a Linum Music cable and she fell in further in love.

Recently I let her try my FLC 8S and she really drooled over it but when I asked her if she wanted to replace her w30 with the flc 8s she growled and threatened my man parts. If she gets one it'll be as a gift not as a trade haha.

I've tried getting her to use Bluetooth amps and dac/amps with her phone/pc but she doesn't like the inconvenience of having more stuff to plug in. She understands and appreciates how much better my Schiit Lyr 2 with Amperex 7308 tubes sounds and when it's palpable and noticeable to her it's easier for someone to understand.

It took a long time to convince her that my audio obsession has merit.

I myself am guilty of scoffing at other people's hobbies but I always force myself to understand that everyone has different tastes so I try my best to respect it even if I don't understand or appreciate it myself.

She is a big follower of r/makeupaddiction on reddit but I encourage her even tho I'd rather spend $100 on a new cable for my HD700 rather than on a foundation brush.

---

But coming back to the topic, I have a Hugo and it replaced my Uberfrost and ruined my schiit stack because of how crystal clear and great it was.

I just ordered a Mojo and hopefully it'll impress me as much.

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #19,136 of 42,765
I know we're going off topic but my wife didn't appreciate my audio addiction. She didn't discourage me or have anything negative against it tho. She likely did have questions as to why I would spend so much money on some things tho..

So one day I surprised her with an ATH-M50x and she used that daily for about a year. I got her new hm5 pads and she understood the sound and comfort improvements.

Next I got her some Shure SE215's and found her tips she liked. After awhile one of the nozzles snapped off.

Then I got her a pair of Philips X2s and she loves them.

To replace the SE215's awhile later I got her some Westone W30's and they are her go to headphone period. She loves them. A few months of her having them I got her a Linum Music cable and she fell in further in love.

Recently I let her try my FLC 8S and she really drooled over it but when I asked her if she wanted to replace her w30 with the flc 8s she growled and threatened my man parts. If she gets one it'll be as a gift not as a trade haha.

I've tried getting her to use Bluetooth amps and dac/amps with her phone/pc but she doesn't like the inconvenience of having more stuff to plug in. She understands and appreciates how much better my Schiit Lyr 2 with Amperex 7308 tubes sounds and when it's palpable and noticeable to her it's easier for someone to understand.

It took a long time to convince her that my audio obsession has merit.

I myself am guilty of scoffing at other people's hobbies but I always force myself to understand that everyone has different tastes so I try my best to respect it even if I don't understand or appreciate it myself.

She is a big follower of r/makeupaddiction on reddit but I encourage her even tho I'd rather spend $100 on a new cable for my HD700 rather than on a foundation brush.

---

But coming back to the topic, I have a Hugo and it replaced my Uberfrost and ruined my schiit stack because of how crystal clear and great it was.

I just ordered a Mojo and hopefully it'll impress me as much.

Perhaps your wife should treat YOU to some cosmetic products !

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #19,137 of 42,765
Perhaps your wife should treat YOU to some cosmetic products !

Hah! Na the stuff she has are things I obtained in my on going quest for audio perfection. Whether it be a stupid good deal online or a trade or whatever. If she ogled over it after I let her try it, I'd let her keep it. Generally I wasn't put out funds wise.

I guess I should say we both paid for her stuff in other words. They were gifts obviously but I didn't sell it to her either.

Besides, let's not talk politics. :p

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #19,139 of 42,765
All I have is me and my Mojo....

My wife made be dump my stereo amplifier and speakers, DVD player, and desktop set up (Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Vali, LH Labs Geek Pulse Sfi) in a closet...

She hates cables more than she loves me.

Years ago, I had an uncle who played the trumpet in his spare time and his wife. because of the noise, made HIM go into a closet to practice.

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #19,140 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back