Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 15, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #16,036 of 42,765
  • I don't know if they will ever do anything with a display, but it seems rather doubtful, considering Mojo has been touted as a smartphone companion, all along, and smartphone screens are as good as they get.

• I asked about Chord making a DAP, or transport, a couple of years ago, long before Mojo, and was told firmly that this is not something they have any desire to venture into.

If that still remains the case, then put the above 2 factors together, and I don't consider it likely that they'll make a module that would include a screen so as to totally eliminate the need for a smartphone or DAP.

Remember, it's not just about 'adding a screen' it would mean having to develop a GUI (do not underestimate how complex and expensive-to-develop something as seemingly-simple as a GUI can be), along with all the associated hidden control-code to interface with the hardware.

I'd love to be wrong about that, and who knows how far the SD module will take them, partially, down that road, but I just don't see a Chord 'transport-with-screen' (at least not for the next couple of years or more).

Heck, we all know it'd sell by the truckload, though! :beerchug:  

I asked the same at CamJam Uk2015 and Rob said just use your phone and they had no plans for Dap or Screen Storage extension.

I think Chord probably realise there is a big demand for non phone audio solutions as well as phone as transport.

Maybe they will listen after seeing there is a demand, business case for this option.

The amount of discusions about bitperfect transport pairings and best connection interface(optical/coaxial) supports the case - IMO

Rob/Frank - any comments welcome?

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #16,039 of 42,765
for some reason i am getting a "fatal error" when trying to search this thread for posts relating to 2qute, so apologies if this has been asked already!

i keep reading about more and more people using mojo in a 2ch system as it's main dac, just as happened with hugo.
but i can find little comparison with the 2qute, which after all is built for this purpose and price is pitched between the mojo and hugo.
have any of you guys compared mojo to 2qute ?

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #16,043 of 42,765
i changed it to 192/24 in the driver settings, now it showing blue. but when changing various of bit rate samples it keeps on the blue.
it doesnt need to change color for every bit rate sample?

You have selected "DirectSound" as output in foobar2k. Just change the output to "WASAPI Event Chord Mojo" or "ASIO Chord Mojo". Make sure to install the corresponding plugins though :)

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #16,044 of 42,765

The problem is your computer is sending the mojo 44.1k. You need to troubleshoot you computer settings.

i changed it to 192/24 in the driver settings, now it showing blue. but when changing various of bit rate samples it keeps on the blue.
it doesnt need to change color for every bit rate sample?

Have you tried this?:

I've got another question. I've connected Mojo to my PC that has Windows 7 OS and been playing music through the Foobar player. But the Mojo's power button always stays red irrespective of whether it's a hi-res file or an "ordinary" file I'm listening to. Apparently, the system on my PC is messing with the frequency rate. Can someone please tell me how I can fix that?

1) Connect your mojo and download driver from Chord offical website.

2) After follow this website.
    www.audiostream.com/content/how-play-dsd-file-using-foobar2000#cZQHQ01SLpQQDBqV.97

3) Then go back foobar setting:
    ASIO Driver: choose ASIO Chord
    DSD Playback Method: choose DoP Maker 0x05/0xFA
    DSD to DSD Method: None    FS: DSD256
    PCM to DSD Method: None    FS: DSD256
    DSD/PCM Transition: 0ms

4) Enjoy music

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #16,046 of 42,765
  So just sharing; I have the Cavalli Liquid Carbon in right now and the Mojo pairs quite well to it mainly because the Liquid Carbon has an almost magical way of taking in a single-ended signal and turning it into balanced. As my transportable/bedside rig, this sounds really awesome. 

AND you have the Senn HD800S. Looks like your pretty safe until DAVE or Tungsten...
beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #16,047 of 42,765
You have selected "DirectSound" as output in foobar2k. Just change the output to "WASAPI Event Chord Mojo" or "ASIO Chord Mojo". Make sure to install the corresponding plugins though
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you tried this?:

Thank you very much for you both.

i would be glad if anybody could give me the DSD decoding for the settings of the asio chord in foobar. as i couldnt find it and cant set it up correctly.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #16,048 of 42,765
Do you mean this?

i went through the DSD on foobar2000 guide and found them not entirely accurate, the new suggestion should be:

1.output method: foo_dsd_asio
2. asio driver: ASIO Chord, playback method DoP marker
3. FS: both DSD256, transition 0ms
4. SACD : DSD

now instead of a red LED, im getting white, DSD translation success

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #16,049 of 42,765
  for some reason i am getting a "fatal error" when trying to search this thread for posts relating to 2qute, so apologies if this has been asked already!

i keep reading about more and more people using mojo in a 2ch system as it's main dac, just as happened with hugo.
but i can find little comparison with the 2qute, which after all is built for this purpose and price is pitched between the mojo and hugo.
have any of you guys compared mojo to 2qute ?

maybe not that helpful but see post #14069 I should add that I don't have to keep on plugging in and out as well, I'm sure that's going to help with wear n tear on the socket life. 

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #16,050 of 42,765
I asked the same at CamJam Uk2015 and Rob said just use your phone and they had no plans for Dap or Screen Storage extension.

I think Chord probably realise there is a big demand for non phone audio solutions as well as phone as transport.

Maybe they will listen after seeing there is a demand, business case for this option.

The amount of discusions about bitperfect transport pairings and best connection interface(optical/coaxial) supports the case - IMO

Rob/Frank - any comments welcome?

Yes, it will be interesting to see if they will reply.

I believe I read that Fiio were considering doing something that would plug into the Mojo so that it would be similar to having a one piece DAP?

I also wonder if Chord have any intellectual property rights on the technology of the Mojo including the relevant software?

If not, I wonder how long it will take before someone tries to essentially copy the Mojo and even develop it further to make it more user friendly, etc.?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back