Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 22, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #1,591 of 42,765
  I am using a 0.5M cable if I use it with the phone so quite a way away.

HA-2 supplied cable is no longer than my finger and get no interference.

Mojo +0.5M cable = interference
HA-2 + very short cable = no interference

I'm not Mojo bashing just being honest reporting my findings.

I wonder if phone model makes a difference.  I've been using a LG G4 with the HA-2 and get some interference.

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #1,593 of 42,765
I use HA-2 with LG G4 with zero interference with the supplied short cable. Will try the longer cable and report.

Strange as my interference is using the short cable. It's not constant and doesn't really bother as only lasts for a few seconds.

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,594 of 42,765

Using a long unshielded cable will only increase your chances of picking up interference.
The Mojo itself is shielded. If you could use the same cable as you are using with HA-2 with Mojo, I'm sure it would = no interference.

Nope because I AM using the HA-2 cable with my Mojo...

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #1,595 of 42,765
Oh my...

I know this thread has been immensely popular but I discussed the RF / EMI a week ago, so I suggest updating this on the first post...

Interference is only noticeable when your cell is on 2G, and only if your IEM cable is within 3-6 inches of the phone (that seems to be where the interference comes from, the headphone jack)...

3G/4G/LTE etc do not have any effect that I can tell...

Not perfect I know, but at least this helps stop the naysayers saying they cannot hear it, yet others complaining.

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #1,596 of 42,765
Here is my (hopefully working) way (currently in use with iFi micro iDSD which uses full RCA coax input, for MoJo I bought a little RCA to 3,5mm TS mono adapter):

on top a 3,5mm TRS to RCA coax cable (custom made coax cable from OE)
in the middle the 3,5mm TS to RCA coax cable (coax cable from iBasso DX50/DX90)
on bottom a small RCA to 3,5mm TS adapter best on both cables for the MoJo coax connection (found this adapter on Amazon for 2$)

The iBasso DX50 and DX90 works well with the 3,5mm TRS plug from my custom coax cable too, not only the 3,5mm TS mono plug works with DX50/DX90, but for MoJo (as far I read in the thread it needs to be a 3,5mm TS mono plug, I will try on weekend when I get the MoJo).

I am wary of the adaptor type without strain relief. Lapse of concentration, gets snapped off

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #1,597 of 42,765

another H&S tip as this obviously causes interference between Witches and their Mojo at this time of year... I'll get my coat...
wink_face.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #1,598 of 42,765

New adapter awaiting my Mojo so I can try it with the Uptone Regen!

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #1,599 of 42,765
Guys, I fixed John's reply regarding the EMI/cable issue reply so it's easier to read (not embedded in my quote).

See below:

Thank you Relic for your suggestion however the solid aluminium case serves the mojo quite well in that regard. The problem lies in the cables that we attatch both input and output and the variations thereof. These act as Arials feeding directly into Mojo. A phones level RFI in close proximity to mojo is very severe and therefor this issue is not easily solved without compromising Mojos performance this is because when a phone looses signal it ramps up the transmitt levels dramatically and these can be on any number of frequencies. Some cables are adequately screened and with those there is unlikely to be a problem, but with unscreened types there may be. That is why we recomend that for critical listening and in environments where a signal is likely to be lost that you switch to airplane mode.

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #1,600 of 42,765
ordered on saturday evening and dispatched today thanks to custom-cables.uk...... now i have to wait... :)  now i have to find a good way to hook up with my zx2 EU.... 

i will use it with mdr1a and shure 535...

have to fing a better headphone..... an iem maybe or even an ciem....

your top 5 mojo headphones/iem/ciems ?? 

Hi
I have the Hugo and mojo and use the se535. I commented in a previous post that I thought the Hugo and mojo were a tad bright using my se 535, after about 45 mins I was getting fatigue with them..set up is iPhone 6 into Hugo and mojo using USB.......how ever after reading all the comments and reviews I seemed to be the only one who hearing brightness so I thought it must be the se535. So yesterday I demo the se846.... Which I then had to buy as the brightness immediately disappeared...in fact the se846 sounded so good compared to se535 I couldn't believe I have put put with the the mids and highs on 535 for so long..........it's not to say the 535 are bad just when listening with the Hugo and mojo they both expose the 535 price point and the mids and highs sound bright.......I am now complete the se846 are stunning the mojo paired with these is stunning I really can not hear any difference now between the Hugo and mojo with the 846 if anything the mojo is very slightly warmer which I love .........stunning.....amazed I have run out of superlatives......one happy punter....all I need now is an optical portable source that runs tidal music or qobuz with offline mode and optical

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,601 of 42,765

another H&S tip as this obviously causes interference between Witches and their Mojo at this time of year... I'll get my coat... :wink_face:

Are you in any way or Form affiliated with Chord? If yes, i would recommend stop beeing a troll because to be quiet honest, your reactions to the "inteference Problem" are making Chord as a Company look really goofy.

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #1,602 of 42,765
Hi
I have the Hugo and mojo and use the se535. I commented in a previous post that I thought the Hugo and mojo were a tad bright using my se 535, after about 45 mins I was getting fatigue with them..set up is iPhone 6 into Hugo and mojo using USB.......how ever after reading all the comments and reviews I seemed to be the only one who hearing brightness so I thought it must be the se535. So yesterday I demo the se846.... Which I then had to buy as the brightness immediately disappeared...in fact the se846 sounded so good compared to se535 I couldn't believe I have put put with the the mids and highs on 535 for so long..........it's not to say the 535 are bad just when listening with the Hugo and mojo they both expose the 535 price point and the mids and highs sound bright.......I am now complete the se846 are stunning the mojo paired with these is stunning I really can not hear any difference now between the Hugo and mojo with the 846 if anything the mojo is very slightly warmer which I love .........stunning.....amazed I have run out of superlatives......one happy punter....all I need now is an optical portable source that runs tidal music or qobuz with offline mode and optical

This. I find the Mojo magnifies your headphones / IEMs signature, at least with a few that I tested. :)

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,603 of 42,765
Anyone got their Mojo shipped from Moon-Audio for the 10/22 batch?

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #1,604 of 42,765
I am wondering the same thing,have any of the Mojo's indicating being received today been shipped out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back