Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 22, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #1,516 of 42,765
im too impatient in waiting for cases to be made 
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #1,517 of 42,765
It's your brain re training it's self.? When all the timing in the music has been corrected the brain can start to hear more but this takes a while for it to learn this from this extra info. So when people say after a few days days of burning in it sounded wonderful we know it's more about the person than the electronics burn in period.

All last night I sat directly in front of the log burning fire listening to my Mojo. 4 hours later, the music sounded so much better, that I have to put this down to the burn in period :D

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #1,519 of 42,765
Hello all, I received my Mojo last night And when connected to my phone in my house on Wifi it sounds great a fair bit cleaner than my old HA-2 more musical just nicer in general.

However, using it with my phone during the commute it is almost intolerable due to the levels of interference which is almost as loud as the music. I tried unplugging the cable to see if that helped and it did a bit but it was still loud. Not really that happy considering my HA-2 had no problems at all with this...

Before anyone says it yes Airplane mode stops it but that's not really an acceptable compromise in my opinion as a far cheaper device did not require it and I don't want to carry my phone and a dap/mojo stack as it is just too bulky.

Anyone got any ideas on reducing interference as u don't really want to have to go back to my HA-2 as the Mojo sounds so much better.

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #1,520 of 42,765
My apologies if this has been asked before but how well does it play with CIEMs? Specifically the Noble K10s?
Beautifully I've a pair myself although the J10s are very full in the mid ranges and a little lean at the very top end to my ears. Although this could be because I'm sixty and my ears have taken a battering, noise use over the years.
Thanks!

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #1,523 of 42,765
That is the K10 to me too, your ears aren't shot John!!

The Layla by contrast is leaner in the mids, but has a much extended / clearer treble...

Pick your poison and hit play!!

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #1,524 of 42,765
All last night I sat directly in front of the log burning fire listening to my Mojo. 4 hours later, the music sounded so much better, that I have to put this down to the burn in period :D

So, let me get this straight, you're telling the CEO of Chord Elecronics that you know more about the devices electronics burn in than he does......

I find this very funny. :D

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #1,526 of 42,765
Time for a separate impressions thread, this one is getting too out of hand.

Since impressions, thus far, constitute a relatively small proportion of the posts in this thread, I don't personally see a seperate impressions thread as being necessary (yet!)

But my opinion is no more valid than yours
beerchug.gif

BTW, I am continually updating my 3rd post, on page 1, with links to worthwhile posts, to make it quick & easy for folks to find what they need to know.

I think you're both making the same point, really: It is the very ratio of impressions and misc. other stuff that makes it feel like you're looking for a needle in a haystack when you're trying to coerce some impressions from this thread.

Anyway, updating page 1 is certainly a great idea. Gotta keep this monster in line!

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #1,527 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back