Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 22, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #1,501 of 42,765
Could be..... Different battery tech though. Hugo uses two much larger lithium-ion batteries while Mojo uses one small Lithium-polymer battery yet Hugo and Mojo have the same specs. I know Li-po has a much better current rating ((C) the rate at which the current can be drawn from the battery) which is why it's used in high demanding RC applications, but less storage capacity than Li-ion.

This is a topic that really interests me but I am by no means a battery technician. Perhaps this is simply the way that Mojo can carry the same power spec as Hugo.

Well ESR is a big factor unless the ESR of the battery is limited by a circuit. 

Anyway. . . . I love what I call "tunefulness" of the Mojo. The notes within a note, the micro harmonics. 

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #1,502 of 42,765
Well ESR is a big factor unless the ESR of the battery is limited by a circuit. 

Anyway. . . . I love what I call "tunefulness" of the Mojo. The notes within a note, the micro harmonics

Me too. :) I feel the ability of the DAC timing is important here.

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #1,503 of 42,765
Two batteries with more current reserve? 

Current reserve for having a bigger battery should not mean HD800 is drawing more current on hugo than on mojo. The difference is most likely on battery life if they have the same analog circuit. Possibly at low battery levels the mojo will have noticeable sonic difference compared to hugo?

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #1,505 of 42,765
Oct 22, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #1,506 of 42,765
  I don't think Mojo will lack current to drive HD800. It will run out of voltage before it can max out the current output of Mojo. But at 4.5Vrms output I believe Mojo has adequate power to drive HD800 for 99% of listening scenarios. 

I will be able to try that soon as I get my Mojo. But if anyone else who already have the Mojo and HD800 could chime in.

I did listen to the hd800 via the mojo and I can confirm it sounds pleasing to the ear,  but as we know hd800 is very amp picky I would say I found the bass energy not right up with my desktop setup. 

But nevertheless it's a very fine combo,  no harshness,  etc. 

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #1,507 of 42,765
It deserves its success.

I have seen the pictures of the usb dongle. I have on concern and that is mostly do with the design. The attachment appears to expose the usb pins to possible damage in case of accidental bending.

How is chord going to tackle this matter?
The male USB plugs in the adaptor are designed to be the way they are the pins are not too vulnerable.

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #1,508 of 42,765
The male USB plugs in the adaptor are designed to be the way they are the pins are not too vulnerable.

Good morning JF.

Can you advise when the 4 accessory butt plates that will plug into the end of the Mojo to hold digital connections might be available?

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #1,509 of 42,765
I wouldn't put Chord in the same universe as LHL when it comes to production and delivery times. New product demand almost always overwhelms supply, whether it's Apple, Xbox, Sony, etc. I would say that Chord is doing as well as expected here.
Hello JF here, we always anticipated a high demand and that with mojo we should make our very best efforts to satisfy what ever that demand is . I hope you'll be pleased to here that we and our subcontractors have invested heavily in the most modern production facilities. They are the best not only in the uk but are some of the most capable and modern on the planet.
We can assure you all that you should not have to wait very long for your Mojos to be delivered. It's true that even we at chord have been surprised by the uptake but I can assure you all we can cope.

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #1,510 of 42,765
Hello JF here, we always anticipated a high demand and that with mojo we should make our very best efforts to satisfy what ever that demand is . I hope you'll be pleased to here that we and our subcontractors have invested heavily in the most modern production facilities. They are the best not only in the uk but are some of the most capable and modern on the planet.
We can assure you all that you should not have to wait very long for your Mojos to be delivered. It's true that even we at chord have been surprised by the uptake but I can assure you all we can cope.

Hi John! Actually, I'm impressed with what seems to be a lot of Mojo's shipped already. Great job Chord!

:beerchug:

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #1,513 of 42,765
The ace up the sleeve of the mojo is its sheer musicality for the money, and it is good that Chord are bucking the trend and offering a low (relatively speaking) cost option to the market... There are too many companies that are pushing the envelope when it comes to people's wallets.

For the Layla's, I was very nervous that this would end up hissing like its forefather, but it doesn't, and also has the drive / power to overlook the annoying impedance curves on multi BA IEMs...

I am looking forward to finding out what the mSD adapter bolt on will do, if we can have a quasi one box solution then I'll be all over it like a fat kid is cake!

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #1,514 of 42,765
Have to disagree, I have the Oppo HA-2 and PM-3 headphones. I went to my local dealer and went back and forth between Mojo and HA-2 and intially I said to the dealer the difference is there but not night and day. He said take it home for a 14 day trial. Well I can tell you that after a couple of days using Mojo then hooking up the HA-2 again there is a huge difference. Maybe it's because the Mojo has improved with burn in, not sure but the soundstage is far wider, detail much better and the overall sound is far more balanced. I absolutely love the HA-2 but it is not on the same level for pure sound quality. HA-2 has many advantages like easier Apple connection / supplied cables and can be used to charge mobile devices, looks better, build quality higher but Mojo to my ears sounds better.
It's your brain re training it's self.? When all the timing in the music has been corrected the brain can start to hear more but this takes a while for it to learn this from this extra info. So when people say after a few days days of burning in it sounded wonderful we know it's more about the person than the electronics burn in period.

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #1,515 of 42,765

My apologies if this has been asked before but how well does it play with CIEMs? Specifically the Noble K10s?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back