1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. hearjam

Just catching up on my 'back issue' reading here [​IMG]:

I agree wholeheatedly re the vinyl rip option -> out of curiosity what kind of equipment did you use to do the DSOM rip? 

There are many more variables in that procedure - cartridge, 'table, phono preamp, A/D converter, cables, etc and hence many different possible outcomes quality-wise.

I've done this myself several times with progressively better equipment over the years [using the Mo-Fi mastering] and the results were excellent.

2. x RELIC x Contributor

The battery is a Lithium Polymer battery designed specifically only for the Mojo over three years. Chord has said it's using new battery tech (I know Lithium Polymer is not new by itself), but hasn't specifically said what that is besides thermal and lifespan improvements. Indeed they expect it to last 10 years or more.

Your questions specifically about ampere hour and maximum watts has not been revealed, but a full charge is 8.4V.

All relevant information about the battery that is known is in the battery section of the third post, which I just recently read every link and there is no other information available from Chord.

3. Xacxac

I read #3 post & there isn't any detailed information about the battery. I'm just curious because I often use external battery pack to charge Mojo on the go.

Thanks for your reply!

4. tracyca
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

5. tracyca
    Mojo, pico slim make for a small powerful stack. Makes my k3003i sing!

6. x RELIC x Contributor

Glad you're liking it. I do have to wonder why you are using the Pico slim as the Mojo is much more powerful with a much cleaner signal. Just curious what the Pico Slim brings to the mix for you.

7. jmills8
    which phone and music player you using ?

8. sharon124
    GOOD HINT :

I am use my mojo with iphone(6s). Last evening i just download ONKYO player and turn ON it upsampling option.
    Wow great !!!! I found that there were huge improvement in sound quality from my iphone +mojo+se846.Actually sound quality improved both flac and even 192 mp3 as well...

Then i google .. And try to find the reason. Then i found that its not new thing and most audiophiles use that technique to improve sound quality.
    From theory i found that to get max sound quality you have to upsample integer multiple of original song sampling frequency. For example if you have cd ripped flacs sampling freq is 44.1 so you have to upsample it to 88.2 or 176.4 to get max sound quality.( actually ONKYO player do it automatically)

Hope this will help our friends!!!!!

Theoretical explanations can found here.

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-technologies/upsampling-vs-oversampling-for-digital-audio

http://www.mlssa.com/pdf/Upsampling-theory-rev-2.pdf

9. tracyca
    Playing out my note5, pico slim, mojo just real clean and powerful.

jmills8 likes this.
  10. Mython Contributor

I would say you should definitely do whatever gives you the most pleasure [​IMG]

However, the designer of Mojo has discussed upsampling, previously, in the thread:

x RELIC x likes this.
  11. jmills8
    onkyo unsampling? Where do I go to push unsampling on the Onkyo?

12. jmills8
    "except perhaps with a good EQ program)" which one ?

13. noobandroid
    i dont believe up sampling will improve sound as the audio data wont change from the sampling method imo

14. sharon124
    image.png

15. jmills8
    In settings?