Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 23, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #10,832 of 11,002
I have a problem, the mojo 2 connected to the mac book sees the device but doesn't make any sound, why? Has this happened to any of you?
A lot of how to connect is dependant on what software you are using.

To ensure that your Mac "sees" the Mojo2, go to Finder. Select from the Menu Bar, select Go>Utilities. In Utilities, select Audio MIDI Setup. The Mojo2 should show up on the list on the left side.

If it's not there, try a different cable.

If you can let us know what music software you are using, we can give you more specific advice.

May 23, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #10,833 of 11,002
I have a problem, the mojo 2 connected to the mac book sees the device but doesn't make any sound, why? Has this happened to any of you?
ensure that Mojo2 is selected as the sound output device.

May 24, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #10,834 of 11,002
Never thought about closed-backs like that (and never tried ‘em either).

You managed to capture exactly what I’m after and that is coherence. That is much better put than my “correct”.:sweat_smile:

I’ll gladly look into closed-backs. Any suggestions that works well with the Mojo 2?
ZMF Bokeh works perfectly.
The mids are a dream. :)
Voices sounds the best I've heard to date.
Had a brief listening to them with my Mojo 2 2 weeks ago.

I don't like closed back that much, bc they heat up my ears to quickly.
But if I'll be in the need for one (beside my Monitor 5), this is it for me.

It's a bit over your budget, but it's worth it every cent, imo.

May 24, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #10,836 of 11,002
Ho avuto lo stesso problema con qobuz, ma su PC. quando avevo qobuz aperto e una canzone selezionata (non necessaria la riproduzione) in basso a destra c'era un'opzione sull'uscita audio. Qui puoi selezionare anche dove esce il laptop. Faccio clic su mojo2 e il wasabi o qualunque cosa sia, l'opzione centrale.

A lot of how to connect is dependant on what software you are using.

To ensure that your Mac "sees" the Mojo2, go to Finder. Select from the Menu Bar, select Go>Utilities. In Utilities, select Audio MIDI Setup. The Mojo2 should show up on the list on the left side.

If it's not there, try a different cable.

If you can let us know what music software you are using, we can give you more specific advice.
I use qobuz, however has always functioned very well but Suddenly it didn't work anymore

May 24, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #10,838 of 11,002
Would you upgrade Mojo2 to TT or add an Mscaler first, than replace by TT? And why?
No because Im personally not interested in the massive price hike. Plus I'm happy with the musicality of the mojo and prefer over the more clinical sound

May 24, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #10,839 of 11,002
No because Im personally not interested in the massive price hike. Plus I'm happy with the musicality of the mojo and prefer over the more clinical sound
I have all 3. Mojo 2, M-Scaler & TT2. I can appreciate your view. I probably wouldn't have bought TT2 on its own. What the M-Scaler does to it is transformational. The TT2 comes to life and is such a thrilling listen. I have to caveat this by saying the M-Scaler & TT2 are the core of my loudspeaker system. There is an improvement over Mojo 2 when listening to my Grado SR325's. Unfortunately the TT2 really shows up the Grado limitations, whereas the Mojo2 compliments them perfectly. As such, I kept the Mojo 2 for headphone listening as I prefer this to the M-Scaler/TT2.

May 24, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #10,840 of 11,002
Mac sees mojo 2 but don’t listen in the headphones,It doesn't emit a sound

And you selected it as the sound output?

Mac will not automatically switch to external USB device for sound. Make sure the volume of your music software and Mac are at max. Also as mentioned before switch cables.

May 24, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #10,841 of 11,002
Hi everyone. I love my mojo2poly combo for SD playback but cannot accept the sound quality of Amazon Music from my iPhone via airplay. A bit better when I play download UHD music but not even close to SD card playback. I’m willing to connect my iPhone 15 via USB directly to Mojo2 but again not as good as SD card. Any USB C cable or filter recommendations? At least it sounds better than via iPhone 12 lightning to USB C.

May 24, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #10,842 of 11,002
The white noise issue when using it with the Macbook through usb is becoming a real problem for me. What used to be something I got once or twice a month has become an every day problem since I sent it to be checked. They didn't reproduce the problem, they told me, and upgraded the usb firmware.
I have tried all the usb cables I have, with the same result. It is simply ridiculous to have this issue.
Chord hasn't even replied to my last email 5 days ago, and I'm starting to consider selling it and moving on, as much as I love the sound. When it works.

May 24, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #10,843 of 11,002
I have all 3. Mojo 2, M-Scaler & TT2. I can appreciate your view. I probably wouldn't have bought TT2 on its own. What the M-Scaler does to it is transformational. The TT2 comes to life and is such a thrilling listen. I have to caveat this by saying the M-Scaler & TT2 are the core of my loudspeaker system. There is an improvement over Mojo 2 when listening to my Grado SR325's. Unfortunately the TT2 really shows up the Grado limitations, whereas the Mojo2 compliments them perfectly. As such, I kept the Mojo 2 for headphone listening as I prefer this to the M-Scaler/TT2.
Thank you very much, as I have a Hifiman HE1000se my headphones should clearly discover the differences and shine. Have you tried M2 with M scaler? Not worth as first upgrade? Or TT2 first?

May 24, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #10,844 of 11,002
Hi everyone. I love my mojo2poly combo for SD playback but cannot accept the sound quality of Amazon Music from my iPhone via airplay. A bit better when I play download UHD music but not even close to SD card playback. I’m willing to connect my iPhone 15 via USB directly to Mojo2 but again not as good as SD card. Any USB C cable or filter recommendations? At least it sounds better than via iPhone 12 lightning to USB C.
Poly and SD card is the best sounding option. No cables, no noise, all on battery, nothing travelling through your phone. I don’t think it’s possible for a USB connection to sound as hood.

May 24, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #10,845 of 11,002
Right, but does this happen across all apps or just your music player?

The white noise issue when using it with the Macbook through usb is becoming a real problem for me. What used to be something I got once or twice a month has become an every day problem since I sent it to be checked. They didn't reproduce the problem, they told me, and upgraded the usb firmware.
I have tried all the usb cables I have, with the same result. It is simply ridiculous to have this issue.
Chord hasn't even replied to my last email 5 days ago, and I'm starting to consider selling it and moving on, as much as I love the sound. When it works.
The thing that makes a difference for me is the order in which I connect and power things on. Try powering on the Mojo 2 first, then connect the USB cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back