Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 29, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #10,246 of 10,527
I am using Mojo 2 in desktop mode. Recently did a PSU upgrade from Apple charger -> IFI IPower X -> Topping P50 -> Topping P50 with AQ Z3 power cord. For each step there's a noticeable improvment.
The problem is that P50's output is only 5V 1A, which is enough for playing music but seems not enough for charging Mojo 2's battery. I want to disconnect the battery, but found the battert connector is different from Mojo 1. The new connector is very tiny and I don't know how to unplug it without making damage.
Does anyone know how to disconnect Mojo 2's battery? TIA!

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #10,247 of 10,527
I use mojo 2 regularly with my pixel 7 pro, but with a short usb c cable. No issues with UAPP or Neutron player with exclusive mode or other streaming apps. Using the stock cable with phone is a hassle as it requires an additional usb a to c adapter.
Thanks! May I ask you to check: does the Android show you under Connected Devices // USB // that your device is controlled by the phone?

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #10,249 of 10,527
I am using Mojo 2 in desktop mode. Recently did a PSU upgrade from Apple charger -> IFI IPower X -> Topping P50 -> Topping P50 with AQ Z3 power cord. For each step there's a noticeable improvment.
The problem is that P50's output is only 5V 1A, which is enough for playing music but seems not enough for charging Mojo 2's battery. I want to disconnect the battery, but found the battert connector is different from Mojo 1. The new connector is very tiny and I don't know how to unplug it without making damage.
Does anyone know how to disconnect Mojo 2's battery? TIA!
Always a great source of amusement for me....On the TT2 thread there is folk desperate to run the tt2 of a battery when it runs of the mains, and on this thread folk are desperate to run the mojo of the mains when it runs of a battery !!!! I may be doing it all wrong, but I just use both from the box as they were designed . It works for me. Happy Easter folks......

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #10,250 of 10,527
With UAPP the Mojo2 controls the phone as you are bypassing the phones data transfer limits using OTG cable
Thanks! I see that. What I can't do is use any other apps, like Apple Music. And the system is telling me it can't control the device. It keeps saying "couldn't switch" when i try to do that. Any ideas how to fix this? 🙏🙏🙏

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #10,251 of 10,527
Thanks! I see that. What I can't do is use any other apps, like Apple Music. And the system is telling me it can't control the device. It keeps saying "couldn't switch" when i try to do that. Any ideas how to fix this? 🙏🙏🙏
You can't, you have to use UAPP for stores files or Tidal or Qobuz as they are supported

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #10,252 of 10,527
@Rob Watts there is a lot of misinformation about the Mojo2's Intelligent Desktop Mode , needing 24 hours or not.

You can see examples quoted above.

Can you please clarify the time required for Desktop Mode to initiate
It doesn't need 24 hours - that applies to Hugo 2.

How long it needs depends upon the initial charge state, and the fact that the last charge (from 95% to 100%) is a tiny trickle charge and this can take a couple of hours alone. And because it's a trickle charge, it's uncertain when it will finish - particularly if you are listening at the same time.

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #10,253 of 10,527
Always a great source of amusement for me....On the TT2 thread there is folk desperate to run the tt2 of a battery when it runs of the mains, and on this thread folk are desperate to run the mojo of the mains when it runs of a battery !!!! I may be doing it all wrong, but I just use both from the box as they were designed . It works for me. Happy Easter folks......
I suppose a TT2 system is much more revealing, so folks can see more advantages of battery comparing to the mains? To me when running on a LPS Mojo 2 sounds a little more dynamic and punchy but maybe a bit less smoothy.
However the major reason to run from the mains is for convinience. Don't want to worry about battery status.
Happy Easter!

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #10,254 of 10,527
Don't waste your money, still if you have it to burn why not I suppose. Spending half the price of any DAC on a cable is bonkers.

£4,000 USB cable for a Chord Dave anyone, there is one available so I suppose people must buy them?

Nordost Valhalla 2 Type A to Type B USB. Buy the 11m one and go all in for 11K, 1K per metre. Will everyone notice a difference though, of course they will, if only to their bank balance.
yes, I also think this combination is very good 👍😊

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpeg
    IMG_1307.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #10,255 of 10,527
I use an AudioQuest Carbon USB cable from my isolator to the Mojo, as well as an AudioQuest Evergreen 3.5mm-to-RCA cable from the Mojo to my amp. Each was an audible improvement over their generic equivalent. The mini-to-RCA cable in particular made a notable improvement to sound quality. I got both cables pretty cheap (used), and for my setup I don't feel the need to go much deeper down the interconnect rabbit hole. I'd rather use that money for headphones where the benefits are much more audible. I also tried using a higher quality USB cable between my PC and my isolator, but it made no audible difference compared to a generic cable, so I just use a generic USB cable for that stretch. YMMV.
I suppose the isolator is for reducing USB noises?
I was connecting from computer's USB to Mojo 2. A better USB cable (AQ Coffee) does improve sound quality. as well as a AQ Jitterbug. But the real change happened only when I got a DDC (Gustard U18) to convert USB to Coax. With USB input the soundstage is 2D which has width and height, but no depth. From Coax input I can get a 3D, more lifelike soundstage, and it will be lost as soon as I switch back to USB. My computer is a gaming PC so it could be quite noisy.

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #10,256 of 10,527
I suppose the isolator is for reducing USB noises?
I was connecting from computer's USB to Mojo 2. A better USB cable (AQ Coffee) does improve sound quality. as well as a AQ Jitterbug. But the real change happened only when I got a DDC (Gustard U18) to convert USB to Coax. With USB input the soundstage is 2D which has width and height, but no depth. From Coax input I can get a 3D, more lifelike soundstage, and it will be lost as soon as I switch back to USB. My computer is a gaming PC so it could be quite noisy.
Yeah, my isolator is likely doing most of what your DDC is doing. My source is a giant gaming/media PC, so it needs something to keep the noise away from the downstream audio gear. I debated for a while between an isolator and a full-blown DDC. Ended up going for an Intona isolator since most of what a DDC does would be redundant with my other gear. Between the isolator, the upgraded interconnects, upgraded power supplies throughout, and a quality power cable for my amp, my setup sounds pretty solid for a mid-fi rig.

My setup could always sound better with further gear upgrades of course, but at that point, I’d much rather put any extra cash towards better headphones. Further gear upgrades are going to offer relatively minor improvements now compared to spending the same cash on nicer headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #10,257 of 10,527
Between the isolator, the upgraded interconnects, upgraded power supplies throughout, and a quality power cable for my amp, my setup sounds pretty solid for a mid-fi rig.

/rant

Mojo2 isn't Mid-Fi.

You have a very solid, reasonably priced Hi-Fi rig.

Mid-Fi and Summit-Fi are BS terms that just make manufacturers think they can keep putting out ridiculously expensive things without adding extra value. Point in fact, Focal Utopia going from $4k-$5k for a minor tuning change and slight redesign of the drivers.

/rant over

Apr 1, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #10,259 of 10,527
Thanks! May I ask you to check: does the Android show you under Connected Devices // USB // that your device is controlled by the phone?
Nope, it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back