Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 26, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #9,751 of 10,526
You can already stand on a Mojo2 without damaging it, what would a bit of hard plastic do?
The shell is prone to nicks and scratches. I've had mine only a few months, haven't dropped it or even so much as bumped it into any hard surface, but it's already got a fair number of blemishes. I don't mind, but I imagine many other folks might.

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #9,752 of 10,526
The shell is prone to nicks and scratches. I've had mine only a few months, haven't dropped it or even so much as bumped it into any hard surface, but it's already got a fair number of blemishes. I don't mind, but I imagine many other folks might.

The leather one is quite nice and does do a good job protecting mojo2 from drop damage. Pricey, but worth it.

Valentinum on Etsy does nice work as well.

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #9,753 of 10,526
You can already stand on a Mojo2 without damaging it, what would a bit of hard plastic do?
Prevent scratches. There are plenty of things in my work bag that would happily scratch a Mojo through a flimsy leather wrap.

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #9,754 of 10,526
Jan 26, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #9,755 of 10,526
Simple question: I use a Mac to play files that have various sample rates. What should I set the output sample rate to, into the Mojo 2, for best results?
As Mac owners will know, the Mac does not auto switch bitrates but general consensus is that the resampled output is excellent.
It’s fixed at 32bit depth but the sample rate can be set as required
There's not a way to automatically switch with Apple Music by itself. You should check out Bit Perfect. Years ago, I used an early version of it and it worked great with iTunes, but I've not tried the current version.

There are alternative music apps that will auto-switch sample rates. hth

Jan 26, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #9,756 of 10,526
Jan 27, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #9,757 of 10,526
There's not a way to automatically switch with Apple Music by itself. You should check out Bit Perfect. Years ago, I used an early version of it and it worked great with iTunes, but I've not tried the current version.

There are alternative music apps that will auto-switch sample rates. hth
I tried But Perfect but it hasn’t been updated for years so isn’t great nowadays. However I did see measurements about the Mac that pretty much say the answer is to set its output at the highest rate your files are, so mine would be 192Khz. The upshot is that resampling algorithms are so good, you can't hear the difference.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #9,759 of 10,526
I tried But Perfect but it hasn’t been updated for years so isn’t great nowadays. However I did see measurements about the Mac that pretty much say the answer is to set its output at the highest rate your files are, so mine would be 192Khz. The upshot is that resampling algorithms are so good, you can't hear the difference.

You should know by now saying "You can't hear a difference" here on HeadFi is a big trigger for a lot of members. :)

I can't hear a difference but I still want the file decoded and passed through at the original bit-rate, crazy I know but OCD rules apply.

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #9,760 of 10,526
You should know by now saying "You can't hear a difference" here on HeadFi is a big trigger for a lot of members. :)

I can't hear a difference but I still want the file decoded and passed through at the original bit-rate, crazy I know but OCD rules apply.
New Slogan....
" I can HEAR the Difference"

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #9,761 of 10,526

Might hinder heat dissipation a bit, during summer, I suppose, but it'd be nice to be able to keep scratches off the device during the rest of the year.

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #9,763 of 10,526
Might hinder heat dissipation a bit, during summer, I suppose, but it'd be nice to be able to keep scratches off the device during the rest of the year.
Specially charging while playing!
Yes, I have always warned against thick covers for Mojo and now Mojo2.
A simple leather skin, keeps scratches away, while still allowing heat dissipation.
If anyone needs a bullet proof case for their audio eq. , it says a lot about them, and how they handle them.

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #9,764 of 10,526

😉

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #9,765 of 10,526
The leather one is quite nice and does do a good job protecting mojo2 from drop damage. Pricey, but worth it.

Valentinum on Etsy does nice work as well.
Concur - I bought the Chord leather case and it's great. Perfect fit and all the protection from scratches you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back