Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 12, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #9,571 of 10,857
Both volume and EQ can impact the sound quality unfavorably. If it is noticeable depends on the precision of the implementation. Volume mostly changes the amplitude of the samples and -6 db is technically reducing by 1 bit, bit proper implementation will be more complex. EQ must change a lot of samples due to a frequency like 50 hz being spread over 1/50 of a second so you need to modify a lot of samples to change the level of that frequency.
But to be fair, music being too loud, too quiet, or in need of some EQ can also "impact quality unfavourably." :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As with everything in audio, it's all about trade-offs and compromises.

Jan 12, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #9,575 of 10,857
Would powering the Mojo 2 via a display's built-in USB hub cause any issues or is it better to charge via a dedicated USB charger?
"Issues" are in the eyes/ears of the beholder. If you're someone who's already in the habit of using "clean" power for your components, then this would be a no-no. But if you're someone who doesn't care, then as long as the Mojo 2 gets the power it needs, you're fine. Up to you.

The Mojo 2 already separates its USB signal connection from its USB power connection. For some, that's enough fussiness. For others (myself included), minimizing parasitics is an obsession.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #9,576 of 10,857
IMG_1194.jpeg

here’s a well connected mojo

Jan 14, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #9,578 of 10,857
IMG_1194.jpeg
here’s a well connected mojo
Very nice. So how do you select between the inputs? guessing only one input is operating at a time? or does Mojo2 have an input hierarchy, i.e. one is prioritised over the others if all are plugged in?

Jan 14, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #9,579 of 10,857
Very nice. So how do you select between the inputs? guessing only one input is operating at a time? or does Mojo2 have an input hierarchy, i.e. one is prioritised over the others if all are plugged in?
Mojo 2 will prioritise specific inputs if all four are connected simultaneously. USB has
priority followed by coaxial and then optical. It is only possible to connect one USB at a time (Micro-USB takes
priority over USB-C).

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #9,582 of 10,857
Mojo 2 will prioritise specific inputs if all four are connected simultaneously. USB has
priority followed by coaxial and then optical. It is only possible to connect one USB at a time (Micro-USB takes
priority over USB-C).
Did not know that, thanks for clarifying!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #9,583 of 10,857
Hello! I can’t find in the manual how to run the Mojo 2 strictly as a DAC. The Mojo 1 had a line-level mode by powering on while holding down the two volume buttons. Is there a way to set the Mojo 2 to line-level mode? Thanks for any help.

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #9,584 of 10,857
Hello! I can’t find in the manual how to run the Mojo 2 strictly as a DAC. The Mojo 1 had a line-level mode by powering on while holding down the two volume buttons. Is there a way to set the Mojo 2 to line-level mode? Thanks for any help.
No, just adjust Mojo 2 to the correct output voltage for your pre/amp. There is not built-in shortcut to 3V like on OG Mojo.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #9,585 of 10,857
Rob decided that this short cut to 3V was confusing too many owners, so he removed it on the Mojo 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back