Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 3, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #8,851 of 10,857
Yes it can, but the Ananda are much better than the 650
Overall I like Ananda, however I'm not happy with its bass so I sold them. I saw there is a stealth version but looks to me that Hifiman started to use edition XS unit in Ananda (they call V3) which annoys me so I'm not sure I want to buy them anymore. BTW Mojo+Ananda is very nice, I need to tune up the bass a little bit to get more warmth, but it's not punchy and lack of impact (common issue with Ananda). I hope HD600/HD650 is better in that regard?

Sep 3, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #8,852 of 10,857
Overall I like Ananda, however I'm not happy with its bass so I sold them. I saw there is a stealth version but looks to me that Hifiman started to use edition XS unit in Ananda (they call V3) which annoys me so I'm not sure I want to buy them anymore. BTW Mojo+Ananda is very nice, I need to tune up the bass a little bit to get more warmth, but it's not punchy and lack of impact (common issue with Ananda). I hope HD600/HD650 is better in that regard?
Better is upto you, I have the Stealth and the 650 isn't really comparable on any metric for me

Sep 3, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #8,853 of 10,857
Better is upto you, I have the Stealth and the 650 isn't really comparable on any metric for me
Do you have stealth V2 or V3? They started to ship V3 from end of 2022, the weight is changed from 440g to 398g and sensitivity also lowered from 103 to 92. Looking at the spec I think they just put Edition XS unit in Ananda without any clarification, sneaky move.

Sep 3, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #8,855 of 10,857
Sep 3, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #8,856 of 10,857
OK I think the grills on v2 and v3 are the same - both are stealth version. You can check the box of the spec. Some more discussion here: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/11ix01h/hifiman_ananda_stealth_v3_2023_silent_revision/

If you indeed have v3 I’d like to ask if it’s easy to drive? The OG Ananda works with iPad with reasonable loudness, I’m not sure 92dB is still easy
The Stealth magnets are what's important, I believe there is just some confusion over what's written on the box hence the thought there is a V2 and V3, I'm not sure as I lost interest in the discussion tbh, if you have the Stealth magnets that's what matters

Yes I had no problem driving with the Mojo2, they are frankly superb headphones, I only sold as they are so loud from the outside I was disturbing my wife who works from home , so treating myself to some nice closed. The Ananda Stealth are amazing

Sep 3, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #8,857 of 10,857
The Stealth magnets are what's important, I believe there is just some confusion over what's written on the box hence the thought there is a V2 and V3, I'm not sure as I lost interest in the discussion tbh, if you have the Stealth magnets that's what matters

Yes I had no problem driving with the Mojo2, they are frankly superb headphones, I only sold as they are so loud from the outside I was disturbing my wife who works from home , so treating myself to some nice closed. The Ananda Stealth are amazing
Sure thanks for sharing!

Sep 3, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #8,858 of 10,857

Give the HD660S2 a try.

Sep 4, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #8,860 of 10,857
Sep 4, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #8,861 of 10,857
Yes that cable should work as you are going from a singled ended to balanced input, I wouldn't trust that cable to work the other way though as I wouldn't trust that it doesn't short out the balanced output.
ok thanks that's helpful.

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #8,863 of 10,857
Hi, purchased Mojo 2 recently and preordered Poly. Using 6 year old Sennheiser HD598. Friends pls suggest a best sounding IEM and Headphone to pair with mojo 2. Thanks in advance.
There is no single answer to your question. We cannot tell you what is 'best' but instead can only give suggestions for iems and headphones to demo.
What is 'best' depends on various criteria including budget, preferred sound signature (analytical, warm etc), type of music listened to, etc - and you have provided no clues for us.

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #8,865 of 10,857
There is no single answer to your question. We cannot tell you what is 'best' but instead can only give suggestions for iems and headphones to demo.
What is 'best' depends on various criteria including budget, preferred sound signature (analytical, warm etc), type of music listened to, etc - and you have provided no clues for us.
Thank you mike for the quick reply. I'm using Sen HD598 and like the sound signature of this head phone. Want to upgrade the headphone with more of bass and wider soundstage. Is it possible to get the same from an IEM ? Pls suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back