Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 26, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #8,420 of 11,010
yes but is it ok as a desktop system as i don't move the mojo. it is for listening to my tv via optical? should i not get a desktop dac/amp?

i thought mojo is more for portability.
It is fine as a desktop system if you don't mind the controls. The Mojo 2 has the advantage that it doesn't ruin the battery when in constant desktop mode. On the OG Mojo the battery will constantly trickle charge unless the batter is disconnected, which would wear out the battery pretty fast. I find the Mojo 2 to be competitive competitive as a DAC at it's price point and slightly above and the headphone amp part is good as well. Not sure what you could buy as a desktop dac/amp at a similar price to the Mojo 2 that would actually be better, not just different.

Jun 26, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #8,421 of 11,010
Can I just clarify something if you wouldn't mind?
1. Am I correct in saying that a Poly will allow me to Airplay from my Mac and iPhone to the Mojo 2 at 24/48 Lossless if my local files are 24/48?
2. Am I also correct that if I use Apple Music it will be converted to 256 AAC first for some reason?

TIA
AirPlay is capped at 16/44

Jun 27, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #8,423 of 11,010
Hello my friends. Im having a problem with my mojo 2.

I dont know if it was last few days or since the begining, but i start lissen some crackling noises (like a old vinil recording) from time to time (once in 5-10 seconds). This is especialy audible in slow and calm music like Hans Zimmer - Time. (Tidal - masterQ).

Change the cable (USB-C), Change for a longer cable, change de Port (mini-usb), change de output port, change headphones, factory reset, put the phone in airplane mode, nothing work.

It is some sort of interference? it is broken and i need to send it for repair? Thanks,

Edit: It is the same if i use spotify (48khz) or Tidal (192khz) and this "poping" or "cracking" is really anoying. Can someone test it with the same music (Hans Zimmer - Time)

Edit 2: It works perfectly connected to PC (windows). i dont know why. It is my phone? some sort of drivers (Android, Samsung Note 10)

Edit 3: It works in my steamdeck (Linux) conected with tidal Hi-fi Quality. So im guessing this is only with my phone?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #8,424 of 11,010

I dont know if it was last few days or since the begining, but i start lissen some crackling noises (like a old vinil recording) from time to time (once in 5-10 seconds). This is especialy audible in slow and calm music like Hans Zimmer - Time. (Tidal - masterQ).

Change the cable (USB-C), Change for a longer cable, change de Port (mini-usb), change de output port, change headphones, factory reset, put the phone in airplane mode, nothing work.

It is some sort of interference? it is broken and i need to send it for repair? Thanks,

Edit: It is the same if i use spotify (48khz) or Tidal (192khz) and this "poping" or "cracking" is really anoying. Can someone test it with the same music (Hans Zimmer - Time)

Edit 2: It works perfectly connected to PC (windows). i dont know why. It is my phone? some sort of drivers (Android, Samsung Note 10)

May be distortion due to too high EQ set. I would check that as the first step.

Jun 27, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #8,425 of 11,010

If it's faultless on Windows it won't be the M2. What app are you using to play music on your Note 10?

Edit: I must learn to read you are using the native apps, this may be an Android mixer issue, can you try USB Audio Player Pro?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #8,426 of 11,010
If it's faultless on Windows it won't be the M2. What app are you using to play music on your Note 10?

Edit: I must learn to read you are using the native apps, this may be an Android mixer issue, can you try USB Audio Player Pro?
It works with USB Audio Player pro. No issue at all. so it is Android Mixer issue? How?

Edit: Well!! this app is great. around 15€ for mqa enable. How can i unblock the 192kb mqa Tidal music with USB Player pro? what are the best settings in this app?

edit2: Thank you for this @MarkParity You open my eyes about BitPerfetc and what it means to music on android! The mojo2 sounds even better now, I will never use the native Tidal App Again. The only thing that doesnt make sense for me is the bit rate. Mojo detect 192kbit music with native Tidal MQA App, and now he doesnt (the app say MQA, Flac 96khz max. 24 bit.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #8,427 of 11,010
Mojo 2 is arriving, will see if it will push me to put M1 to classifieds.

Jun 28, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #8,428 of 11,010
You will, M2 is a huge step from the M1, please don't forget to try EQ and cross-feed features :ksc75smile:

Jun 28, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #8,429 of 11,010
You will, M2 is a huge step from the M1, please don't forget to try EQ and cross-feed features :ksc75smile:
These are the main features why I pulled the trigger for M2. "Huge" step up will vary from person to person, as once fed with clean source M1 is not that far away from my Qutest which logically should still be better than M2

Jun 28, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #8,430 of 11,010
Curious about your subjective and objective opinion, bc I'm on the fence too. :)
Still like the sound of the M1 with all my headphones or iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back