Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 15, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #8,356 of 10,527
Jun 15, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #8,357 of 10,527
All this cable talk again, but I just confirmed that an adapter like this works to send lossless from iPad usb-c (via Roon) to Mojo2 over toslink. Can’t wait for a usb-c iPhone! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VSFBT82/

Edit to add that optical is supposed to be the reference connection (if you don’t need over 192kHz) anyway, and so cheap for this adapter plus a toslink connector of your choice of length!

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #8,358 of 10,527
Both the Mojo 2 and Poly are £100 off at Chords U.K. dealers until the 31 August 2023.
I received two emails about this: one because I registered my Mojo and one because I registered my Poly, they at least didn’t send me one because I registered my Qutest.

One would have been enough.

Jun 16, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #8,360 of 10,527
Can the Mojo 2 power the HD800S sufficiently?

Jun 17, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #8,361 of 10,527
(forgive the small rant)
My current frustration is with OTG lightning to USB-C cables - they keep breaking. I've been through three so far, two generic ones and one DDhifi Mfi06.
I try to be as careful as possible when on the move but obviously that's not always possible, especially during crowded commutes. But I didn't imagine they'd be this fragile! none have lasted more than 2 months.
Ordered another ddhifi coz it's a genuinely good cable, and the Cayin RU6 one to have a back up.
In the interim, I'm using the Apple lightning to USB adapter with a generic USB A to C cable - works (and feels fairly robust) but ungainly and unwieldy.
Anyone else experience high failure rates with OTG cables?
With Mojo OG , as an extra Chord sold an accessory pack with all the cables your likely to need. Included was a USB module , that looked just like the poly and had a slot to connect the Apple lightning adaptor into. This eliminated the short USB A to Micro B cable and made the whole set up very convenient and very robust......Be good if Chord made them for the Mojo2. It would stop the white noise issues.

Jun 17, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #8,362 of 10,527
Quote from the Headfonia review of the Mojo 2:

“The Sennheiser HD800S and Mojo 2 combo is excellent. I didn’t expect it to sound this remarkable but I could listen to this all day long. Clarity, precision, excellent PRaT, a good amount of overall body, nice bass impact and all that with a musical presentations. My ears approve.”

Full review: https://www.headfonia.com/chord-electronics-mojo-2-review/4/

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #8,363 of 10,527
Can I just clarify something if you wouldn't mind?
1. Am I correct in saying that a Poly will allow me to Airplay from my Mac and iPhone to the Mojo 2 at 24/48 Lossless if my local files are 24/48?
2. Am I also correct that if I use Apple Music it will be converted to 256 AAC first for some reason?

TIA

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #8,365 of 10,527
You can. But the bass would be anemic. Put HD800s on a cheap tube amp like TA-26 and you’ll see how much more low end you’ll have.

Jun 17, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #8,366 of 10,527
With Mojo OG , as an extra Chord sold an accessory pack with all the cables your likely to need. Included was a USB module , that looked just like the poly and had a slot to connect the Apple lightning adaptor into. This eliminated the short USB A to Micro B cable and made the whole set up very convenient and very robust......Be good if Chord made them for the Mojo2. It would stop the white noise issues.
The adapter still fits mojo 2, which is why you still have 2 micro ports on the mojo 2. Not sure if the adapter pack is still sold though.

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #8,367 of 10,527
whoa you just reminded me I have one laying around! got the cable pack when I bought the OG Mojo but it's been tucked away in a drawer somewhere since I got M2. Time to dig it out, this may be a good solution. thanks

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #8,368 of 10,527
Quite early on with Mojo 1 I had this experience. The cost to replace the cables was one thing, the sheer frustration at not being able to listen to Mojo when I wanted was too much. That drove me to buy Poly. It ended up being a great decision
Yes the frustration of not being able to comfortably listen to M2 on the go, without carrying unwieldy cables, is what's getting to me. At one point I had to revert back to an Apple dongle... fine but obviously not the same

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #8,369 of 10,527
All this cable talk again, but I just confirmed that an adapter like this works to send lossless from iPad usb-c (via Roon) to Mojo2 over toslink. Can’t wait for a usb-c iPhone! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VSFBT82/

Edit to add that optical is supposed to be the reference connection (if you don’t need over 192kHz) anyway, and so cheap for this adapter plus a toslink connector of your choice of length!
Isn't that too bulky on the move tho?
Totally agree can't wait for usb-c iphone, enough with this lightning nonsense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back