Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 10, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #7,171 of 10,845
Are you a child?, if I was in a room and sat next to someone wearing leaky Sundara’s being played loud with an audible “tsk…tsk“ I’d be bloody annoyed as well.

I suspect he is an adolescent that hasn’t actually lived in the real world for long.

Or a modern day BS PC warrior that, again, doesn’t understand the real world and real world compromises.

For goodness sake, because spell checker would not let me use anything stronger, that reply might literally be the single dumbest thing I have read on Head-Fi and that is certainly saying something !!

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #7,173 of 10,845
7EE3A146-E53F-4DC9-9583-0E28DB32C808.jpeg

The first listening session :)

Mar 11, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #7,175 of 10,845
Mar 11, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #7,176 of 10,845
That's a nice looking, chunky cable ... which one is it ?
The cable is Dunu Blanche, it is a very nice cable but sadly discontinued.
The OTG cable was made by a local brand in my country with pure silver and shielded.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #7,177 of 10,845
If you run your Mojo₂ off a PC w/ PCI-E availability, I recommend looking into a Startech PCI-E USB-C card.

This will not only improve performance by introducing low latency hardware into the chain, but it will reduce noise floor as it will have it's own bus and power directly to the CPU.

Make sure you are using the same ASMedia USB 3142 chipset as the JCAT PCI-E card:

https://www.asmedia.com.tw/product/55AYQ83xg4uy6Uj0/0C8YQ4asx4yt2JR4/3142

Confirmed:

On Provantage, you can grab it for under $50. Everywhere else is around $70.

https://www.provantage.com/startech-pexusb311ac3~7STR9584.htm

https://www.startech.com/en-us/where-to-buy/PEXUSB311AC3

If you need more USB-C ports, make sure it's running the ASM3142:

https://www.startech.com/en-us/search?search_term=3142

JCAT uses the same chipset

https://jcat.eu/featured/usb-card-xe/

If your graphics card takes up two PCI-E slots and space is low, you can can a PCI-E extender:

515Xb1hUFCL._AC_SX679_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/ADT-Link-90Degree-Extension-R11SL-TL-Extender/dp/B07TBLB3L1/ref=sr_1_6?crid=AB57E30FS2XE&keywords=pci-e+extension+cable&qid=1666148599&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0Ljc2IiwicXNhIjoiNC4zMCIsInFzcCI6IjQuMDMifQ==&sprefix=pci-e+,aps,164&sr=8-6&th=1

For optimal performance, use a USB optical cable. It's great for stability and Zoom.

I combine it with low latency realtime operating system running Steam, so I game completely in low latency heaven and run the operating system and Steam Games completely in RAM. Since Chord DACs have a bit of lag this compensates by not adding unnecessary fluff.

jcatspecs.png

Would you run your Graphics Card off a Motherboard's USB port? Why suffocate your DAC? Give it proper bandwidth, stability and isolation with direct a direct bus to the CPU via PCI-E. Give it the same respect as a Graphics Card. You lower the noise floor too even without external power since you avoid the clutter of normal internal data workings.
Does anyone know if I'm better off with this (Startech PCI-E USB-C card??) or the Topping HS01 for eliminating signal noise and jitter??

My setup for listening to music is as followed:

Qobuz on a mid-range gaming PC
Chord Mojo 2
Sennheiser HD650

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #7,178 of 10,845
Does anyone know if I'm better off with this (Startech PCI-E USB-C card??) or the Topping HS01 for eliminating signal noise and jitter??

My setup for listening to music is as followed:

Qobuz on a mid-range gaming PC
Chord Mojo 2
Sennheiser HD650
I'm not sure about the Startech but I remember reading that the HS01 only isolates power and not data. Helpfull if you have ground loop issue but won't re-clock the audio signal or isolate data signal.

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #7,179 of 10,845
Still puzzled by this OTG cable story because I have a plain cable that works with my phone or my DAP with UAPP or directly with Qobuz or even with Fiio Music app ...
I also have a OTG cable and the only difference is that the volume controls seem to work differently but only with the Qobuz app.
Given that OTG is essentially a protocol according to wikipedia, I wonder what makes an OTG cable different compared to a non OTG one.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #7,180 of 10,845
Hello my friends, i have to share this with you.

Im 39 year old that never went to this Audiophile world, but always listen to music with causal/bluetooth headphones.

A few months back i start to think to upgrade the headphones and i went to this rabbit hole.

Last month bought a used pair of Hifiman Sundara. Last week i bought a used Mojo 2.

Yesterday i put all together, a month free Tidal app in my phone (synchronize the Spotify because the playlists) and fire all things up after the 5 years old son was assleep.

My wife didnt know that i start this new "hobby" and was by my side when i start to put some volume up in mojo2+sundara. Immediatly two things happen:

• My mind blown away with the detail of the music (i was lissen Gotan Project) with this combination (well i dont have anything beside cheap headphones to compare)
  • My wife starts shouting at me because she can hear everthing and this "new" headphones are junk and they should be quieter and restrict the sound to myself
Well, i bought the sundaras because i can lissen to hear talk about something and still enjoy "some" of my music. WOMANS!!!

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce
If closed backs i will go full in this rabit hole and thinking in something like Audeze LCD-XC, how do they pair with mojo?

Do you guys have some advice to close backs and mojo2?

Thank you, sirs
Maybe look at getting a hifiman he1000 stealth edition for your wife - you might find someone who thinks that’s a fair trade :)

ps i’m kidding!!!

Mar 11, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #7,181 of 10,845
Bought the Mojo2 after owning the OG Mojo since it came out. I recently sold the Hugo2+2Go which I have had a love-hate relationship with since I bought the combo. It really is a fantastic combination. But I never got the tonality right with the Audeze i4 and the special cable from Laricables. But now with the EQ function I am satisfied. As good as the Hugo2 was, the tonality is so important to me. I guess that Chord will implement more and more sophisticated QE in future products. For me, the new QE implementation is revolutionary.

So far I have tried two sources with Mojo2. iPhone via Chord connectin kit. But I have a feeling that the Mojo sounds better via Coax. Maybe just a figment of my imagination, but I think it sounds cleaner. Right now I'm using an old Ibasso DX90 that I dug out of an old box. But soon a cable I sent for will arrive which will make it possible to use my Quloos QA360. It is very special DAP. I was looking for a player that didn't have Wi-fi or bluetooth. And it was one of very few that I had to choose from. It is less modern than the DX90 which has so many years behind it. but I really like the QA361 which is designed with one purpose in mind. As good sound as possible. I think the QA361 will sound even better than the DX90 because of its internal power management.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #7,183 of 10,845
Bought the Mojo2 after owning the OG Mojo since it came out. I recently sold the Hugo2+2Go which I have had a love-hate relationship with since I bought the combo. It really is a fantastic combination. But I never got the tonality right with the Audeze i4 and the special cable from Laricables. But now with the EQ function I am satisfied. As good as the Hugo2 was, the tonality is so important to me. I guess that Chord will implement more and more sophisticated QE in future products. For me, the new QE implementation is revolutionary.

So far I have tried two sources with Mojo2. iPhone via Chord connectin kit. But I have a feeling that the Mojo sounds better via Coax. Maybe just a figment of my imagination, but I think it sounds cleaner. Right now I'm using an old Ibasso DX90 that I dug out of an old box. But soon a cable I sent for will arrive which will make it possible to use my Quloos QA360. It is very special DAP. I was looking for a player that didn't have Wi-fi or bluetooth. And it was one of very few that I had to choose from. It is less modern than the DX90 which has so many years behind it. but I really like the QA361 which is designed with one purpose in mind. As good sound as possible. I think the QA361 will sound even better than the DX90 because of its internal power management.
What would be your pick for an affordable coax cable (far away from Laricables prices but decent enough) ?
If I want to avoid an adapter/connector I actually need a 3.5mm male termination on both sides.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #7,184 of 10,845
What would be your pick for an affordable coax cable (far away from Laricables prices but decent enough) ?
The Lavricable is used between Mojo2 and Audeze i4, not as the coax. Right now there is a simple 3.5 to 3.5 trs interconnect from DX90 to Mojo2.
The cable I am waiting for is this one:

I hope it will work between Mojo2 and Quloos QA361. I have done some research and I think it will be fine. It all depends on what player you want to use.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #7,185 of 10,845
The Lavricable is used between Mojo2 and Audeze i4, not as the coax. Right now there is a simple 3.5 to 3.5 trs interconnect from DX90 to Mojo2.
The cable I am waiting for is this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/p/order/...ain.1.21ef1802U8tMul&orderId=8163615201785589

I hope it will work between Mojo2 and Quloos QA361. I have done some research and I think it will be fine. It all depends on what player you want to use.
I have the Fiio M11+ that can output spdif on the 3.5 output. I am curious to try a simple 3.5 to 3.5 trs on the coaxial input of the mojo.
I can't use the link above because I believe it links to your orderlist :wink:
Thx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back