Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 13, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #6,902 of 11,001
The Mojo 2 doesn’t have the power necessary to blow/damage the driver. It’s white noise, so it won’t cause distortion either. It’ll startle you, but not hurt the transducers.
Thank you for that feedback, much appreciated my friend.

Feb 14, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #6,903 of 11,001
Guys, when you connect to Poly hotspot through your phone, would you able to connect to 4G network connection?
Yes but not immediately, when I connect my smartphone to the Poly in hotspot mode, at first I have to deactivate the data network, then after control the music inside the micro SD through the MPD App, i can reactivate the data network and without any problems, and the MPD control App continues to work

Feb 14, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #6,905 of 11,001
Yes but not immediately, when I connect my smartphone to the Poly in hotspot mode, at first I have to deactivate the data network, then after control the music inside the micro SD through the MPD App, i can reactivate the data network and without any problems, and the MPD control App continues to work
Is that with a Apple or Android phone?

The only way I could get hotspot mode working flawlessly with Poly/2Go and with streaming from Qobuz too was to use an app that bonds the WiFi and mobile data connections together, the network routing then automatically figures out what packets to send to/from where.

It works great and allows me to use my Poly/2Go exactly how I intended to use them from the start.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #6,909 of 11,001
Something like Hiby r3 pro works well for me
Shanling M0 Pro. And it costs just $130.
Before getting my Poly I have tried two different daps as transports. Besides the connection and weird strapping them to Mojo, they had their own problems and inconveniences. All of those are gone with Poly for me.
My usage consist of Roon to Poly/Mojo and Apple Music to it. Occasionally I'd use an internal SD card. All three cases work and I can concentrate on music discovery and enjoyment.

Feb 14, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #6,910 of 11,001
Mojo 2 EQ scared me a bit when I read and watched reviews.
After playing with it last Saturday, it made me realize how well designed this menu interface is. I rarely EQ, but now that I understand, it makes Mojo so much more valuable to me.
I still use the original one and had argued with myself, for a few month, if I have to get a Mojo 2, but curiosity killed the cat. Before getting it a tried another very good semi-portable dac and loved it, but compared it to Chord sound, while it was very very good, still not on the same level.

Mojo just makes any genre and every piece of recording to sound pristine to my ears.

Feb 14, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #6,911 of 11,001
The simplicity that works really well.

iPod Touch + Apple Music + Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter + Mojo2

Extremely satisfied (and no white noise).
Rolling with a similar setup at work.

Omoton stand + Apple MagSafe + Apple iPhone X + DDHIFI HFi09s + Mojo2 + ALO Gold 16 + 64 Audio Trio

The EQ on the Mojo2 is simply amazing… The ease of making incremental changes to the sound has transformed at least one pair of IE monitors and a couple pairs of headphones into sonic bliss. I‘ve never really been interested in EQ my music (A&K’s EQ is crap), but the Mojo2 makes it effortless. Chord has won me over and I’m hoping that there is an updated Hugo on the horizon for my next step up.

Feb 14, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #6,912 of 11,001
Rolling with a similar setup at work.

Omoton stand + Apple MagSafe + Apple iPhone X + DDHIFI HFi09s + Mojo2 + ALO Gold 16 + 64 Audio Trio

The EQ on the Mojo2 is simply amazing… The ease of making incremental changes to the sound has transformed at least one pair of IE monitors and a couple pairs of headphones into sonic bliss. I‘ve never really been interested in EQ my music (A&K’s EQ is crap), but the Mojo2 makes it effortless. Chord has won me over and I’m hoping that there is an updated Hugo on the horizon for my next step up.
I’ll be chucking my money at them when a Hugo 3 with lossless EQ comes out … I’ll sell body parts if I have to

Feb 14, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #6,913 of 11,001
I’ll be chucking my money at them when a Hugo 3 with lossless EQ comes out … I’ll sell body parts if I have to
That makes two of us, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back