Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 8, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #6,391 of 10,857
I also use a wireless keyboard and mouse on my work/home office HP Z Book which I occasionally use with various DAC/Amps.

I use a Microsoft Surface Keyboard and Mouse and like them, no key lighting though, I am not sure how common that is on a bluetooth keyboard since they are only powered by a couple of small batteries.

More importantly I don't believe there is any downside to using them in terms of sound quality of connected devices.

What you do want to avoid is using a USB-C hub.

I have a second Dell screen that has a built in hub which connects the screen and powers the laptop. While great in terms of other functionality there is some audio downsides. If I use a connected audio device with the laptop plugged into the second screen, and thus the hub and power, I can hear annoying scraping sort of noise when moving the mouse. If I removed the screen by simply unplugging the USB-C the noise disappears and I can use the mouse connected to the laptop without issue. I have read other references to audio issues with USB-C hubs, presumably the downside of having so much happening over one small cable.
Thank you for sharing our experience, I went on and ordered this one, it will arrive the day after tomorrow and then we will see :)

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #6,392 of 10,857
For anyone traveling to the UK and interested in buying a Mojo 2, bear in mind that if you buy a Mojo 2 from a retailer and have DHL pick it up and deliver it to your home country, you can save the VAT getting a 20% discount. Between exchange rate variations and VAT refund, pricing can be really attractive.

p.s. Btw I bought mine from Richer Sounds and reclaiming VAT ended up requiring support from my credit card provider as Richer Sounds dropped the ball. However, that was a Richer Sounds issue, as had not problems with other retailers in London

Jan 9, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #6,393 of 10,857
For anyone traveling to the UK and interested in buying a Mojo 2, bear in mind that if you buy a Mojo 2 from a retailer and have DHL pick it up and deliver it to your home country, you can save the VAT getting a 20% discount. Between exchange rate variations and VAT refund, pricing can be really attractive.

p.s. Btw I bought mine from Richer Sounds and reclaiming VAT ended up requiring support from my credit card provider as Richer Sounds dropped the ball. However, that was a Richer Sounds issue, as had not problems with other retailers in London
I did the reverse!
I purchased a pair of $1300 headphones, used my address in UK and my UK bank card to pay for it, so no US sales tax was charged.
I asked the guy to deliver it to a "care of" address in USA!
I did bring it back to UK, so nobody was cheated.
Tax would have been about $100.
If travelling to UK, and staying less than a month (I think) just buy whatever you want, keep the receipt, go to airport early, and there is a VAT refund office there.
Just submit your receipts, fill a form and the office refunds your taxes.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #6,394 of 10,857
Hard to bring speakers to the VAT refund office - which BTW I was told is no longer available in the airport (but I did not check). Mojo 2 plus Poly in the US would be $1,600. In the UK it was 1,000 GBP - which with exchange rate at the time and VAT refund, ended up being $800. Was kind of surprised it worked out . . .

Jan 9, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #6,396 of 10,857
Hard to bring speakers to the VAT refund office - which BTW I was told is no longer available in the airport (but I did not check). Mojo 2 plus Poly in the US would be $1,600. In the UK it was 1,000 GBP - which with exchange rate at the time and VAT refund, ended up being $800. Was kind of surprised it worked out . . .
that a good price! I got my Mojo 2 at 450 usd and I thought price could not goes lower.

Jan 10, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #6,397 of 10,857
Two years ago the vat refund office was there at Heathrow airport, I took my niece to it, she got her refunds.
they only ask for receipts , and you must declare you are taking them with you .

Jan 11, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #6,399 of 10,857
Does this product exist

4k DVD player, in small form factor, that can double up as CD transport , optical/coax out to Mojo? So I can listen to my large cd collection, hifi system had to go after moving to small house
Yes. I think a greater majority of all Blu-ray players will have optical out.

Jan 11, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #6,402 of 10,857
Mine doesn't lol
Correction. I’ll revise my statement that most Sony Blu-ray players have optical out.

You can also buy a hdmi to optical converter to strip the audio channel out of the hdmi signal from the Blu-ray player.

Jan 11, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #6,403 of 10,857
I don't want a
Correction. I’ll revise my statement that most Sony Blu-ray players have optical out.

You can also buy a hdmi to optical converter to strip the audio channel out of the hdmi signal from the Blu-ray player.
Tbh I was asking more about size , my question was poorly worded, the important thing is small size. Think I'll just get a small cd transport there are a few to choose from , will sit on the dvd

Jan 12, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #6,405 of 10,857
I've noticed something every time I'm listening to the Mojo 2 and I'm not sure if it's my brain adjusting to the sound or if it's the Mojo 2 but for the first few minutes of listening, I notice some minor harshness in the sound and after more than 5-10 mins of listening this goes away and everything sounds smooth and good. Does any one else notice this phenomenon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back