Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 12, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #6,422 of 10,553
I've noticed something every time I'm listening to the Mojo 2 and I'm not sure if it's my brain adjusting to the sound or if it's the Mojo 2 but for the first few minutes of listening, I notice some minor harshness in the sound and after more than 5-10 mins of listening this goes away and everything sounds smooth and good. Does any one else notice this phenomenon?
I’ve seen quite a few posts about this. You’re not alone, it seems normal.

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #6,424 of 10,553
I've noticed something every time I'm listening to the Mojo 2 and I'm not sure if it's my brain adjusting to the sound or if it's the Mojo 2 but for the first few minutes of listening, I notice some minor harshness in the sound and after more than 5-10 mins of listening this goes away and everything sounds smooth and good. Does any one else notice this phenomenon?

See here at 28:38

Small indie company. Some units hiss. Some units take 30 min to warm up. Others are perfect. I've been told above (by an engineer!) it's too small a company to be expected to get it right almost always, so we need to live with this crappy QC.

Jan 12, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #6,425 of 10,553
Thanks for your kind help & honest opinion. I will continue as I am.
Also, with USB you can pass DSD signals natively to the Mojo2.
S/PDIF is limited to 192Khz/24-bit PCM.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #6,427 of 10,553
Which sounds best between them? What would you say are the differences? Thx!! I also have m11 and consider buying mojo 2 too....
I don't think that the difference in sound quality is night and day. I prefer the way music sounds Via the mojo2, but you really need to listen for yourself. I think the mojo2 is very good, but also very expensive. Imho.

If you are looking at best bang for your buck iway to improve your m11, buy better music (flac rather than mp3) or better headphones.

Jan 13, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #6,428 of 10,553
Which sounds best between them? What would you say are the differences? Thx!! I also have m11 and consider buying mojo 2 too....

I agree with the comments above.

I have an M11 Plus, Mojo (original), Gryphon and Diablo. The M11 sounds very good. The headphones will make a bigger difference in overall sound. But, the power output of the DAP is lower and depending on the headphones and how much power they need that might be a factor. For IEM use, put money into better IEM, it will be a better return on investment.

Jan 13, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #6,429 of 10,553
Just in case we have put you off buying a mojo 2, watch this video, credit card in hand. You will buy :)

Jan 13, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #6,430 of 10,553

Yes, it's why i never liked the Mojo1 and Mojo 2.

Jan 13, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #6,431 of 10,553
Hi chaps
Got Mojo 2 with Poly today and am wondering about a phenomenon playing Qobuz through Mconnect.
It seems that it's playing only the first 30 seconds of each song and then skipping to the next one like a preview mode.
Playing Tidal over Mconnect isn't showing this behavior...
My furry friend also didn't know a solution unfortunately 😉

Attachments

• E1649232-F435-43B9-8A94-C85CE8FD1866.jpeg
    E1649232-F435-43B9-8A94-C85CE8FD1866.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 13, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #6,432 of 10,553
Hi chaps
Got Mojo 2 with Poly today and am wondering about a phenomenon playing Qobuz through Mconnect.
It seems that it's playing only the first 30 seconds of each song and then skipping to the next one like a preview mode.
Playing Tidal over Mconnect isn't showing this behavior...
My furry friend also didn't know a solution unfortunately 😉
Some albums on Qobuz are preview only so the tracks are 30 seconds samples. With some artists, you may find two versions of the same album, a preview one and a full one. Could this be what you are experiencing?

Jan 13, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #6,433 of 10,553
Some albums on Qobuz are preview only so the tracks are 30 seconds samples. With some artists, you may find two versions of the same album, a preview one and a full one. Could this be what you are experiencing?
Unfortunately no
Seems to be some Mconnect-Qobuz -Poly issue
Couldn't test without Poly yet to eliminate that root-cause
Same tracks are playing fine directly out of Qobuz app.
Edit: it's working fine from Mconnect on IPhone.
So seems an Issue with Mconnect HD IPad app

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #6,435 of 10,553
Unfortunately no
Seems to be some Mconnect-Qobuz -Poly issue
Couldn't test without Poly yet to eliminate that root-cause
Same tracks are playing fine directly out of Qobuz app.
Edit: it's working fine from Mconnect on IPhone.
So seems an Issue with Mconnect HD IPad app
Interesting, keep us posted on how you get on with it. I'm experiencing the same with 2go, it's always on albums that are "purchase only" in the Qobuz app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back