Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 13, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #6,451 of 10,546
It’s making me want a Stellia rather desperately…I was using the Audeze LCDi4 for a year before Celestee, but now it’s sitting in its box, waiting to be sold. I suspect when it goes I’ll move the Celestee on as well and it will be Stellia time.
Have you heard the Stellia’s? I owned them before getting the Celestee’s. Oddly enough, I prefer the tuning of the Celestee’s more. The Stellia’s are better technically, but because of the mid bass hump the bass can sound a boomy. Definitely get a listen before buying them

Jan 13, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #6,452 of 10,546
Have you heard the Stellia’s? I owned them before getting the Celestee’s. Oddly enough, I prefer the tuning of the Celestee’s more. The Stellia’s are better technically, but because of the mid bass hump the bass can sound a boomy. Definitely get a listen before buying them
Yep, I’ve been for a listen a few times. I’m happy to accept the bump for the extra microdynamic expression and depth of stage. I did a little EQ with it on Mojo2 and was satisfied it’d be a winner. I also tried it on my TT2 and didn’t feel it needed it there. I wondered if it was the extra power on tap.

Jan 13, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #6,453 of 10,546
Don't get me wrong, it's not a big deal for me, it's only 5 mins. It's just something that I wasn't sure if it was in my head or if it was actually happening.

For me it is. I was hoping the Mojo 2 would fix the “Mojo 1” sound, but it didn’t. So I returned it when i had for loan during a weekend. But I get on head-fi that everybody loves the Mojo sound here and I’m in the minority.

I actually thought that all this time my Mojo 1 was broken, untill I heard the Mojo 2 which had the same “harshness”. So my Mojo 1 is not a broken unit in the end.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #6,454 of 10,546
Bought my first Chord product this week the Mojo2 to pair with my new Stellias and I am blown away how good it sounds. I also bought the Gryphon to do A/B testing and the Gryphon didn't last 30 minutes out of the box. The Mojo2 is incredible.

*edit* - anyone know of a hardshell EVA case that fits relatively close on the Mojo2? I have the leather case coming for it, but would still like to put it in some sort of hardshell case when it goes in my laptop bag.

Something similar to this:
Amazon - Ginsco EVA Hard Carrying Small Hard Drive Case

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #6,456 of 10,546
Yep, I’ve been for a listen a few times. I’m happy to accept the bump for the extra microdynamic expression and depth of stage. I did a little EQ with it on Mojo2 and was satisfied it’d be a winner. I also tried it on my TT2 and didn’t feel it needed it there. I wondered if it was the extra power on tap.
Nice, the Mojo 2 with its EQ capabilities really was a game changer for me. So much so, I sold my Hugo 2 in favor of it despite the Hugo 2 being slightly better technically and performance wise.

Jan 14, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #6,457 of 10,546
As soon as I shift the LCDi4 I’m Stellia blind, absolutely. Running from Mojo2/Poly I compared the i4 and Celestee today. The i4 is REALLY good, but having things in my ears I’m finding unpleasant at the moment. I think the Stellia will give the extra resolution while maintaining the Celestee presentation, with the added bonus of nothing in my ear canal.
Anyone want an i4…?

Jan 14, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #6,458 of 10,546
well, if you are giving them away, why not?

Go 50:50 on postage?

:L3000: 🇦🇺:flag_gb:

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #6,460 of 10,546
As soon as I shift the LCDi4 I’m Stellia blind, absolutely. Running from Mojo2/Poly I compared the i4 and Celestee today. The i4 is REALLY good, but having things in my ears I’m finding unpleasant at the moment. I think the Stellia will give the extra resolution while maintaining the Celestee presentation, with the added bonus of nothing in my ear canal.
Anyone want an i4…?
Haha, I owned the i4's for a time as well. They are very good and the most "headphone like" IEM that I've heard. With that said, the Stellia's are obvious next step for you. They are do step up detail retrieval and transient speed over the Celestee's. The midbass hump of the Stellia's adds a bit of extra warmth to the sound despite having beryllium drivers.

Jan 14, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #6,461 of 10,546
I know you told me 😃
Am still in return period and wanted to know what it brings in terms of convenience and SQ.
Am streaming mostly Roon and therefore I needed to give it a try at least.

What is this "return period" people speak of? There are vendors that sell Chord products and if you don't like it you are allowed to return it despite having used it extensively to try it out?

Jan 14, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #6,462 of 10,546
What is this "return period" people speak of? There are vendors that sell Chord products and if you don't like it you are allowed to return it despite having used it extensively to try it out?
In Europe, at least in Germany you can return any product as long as no hygiene product within 14 days and pay only the shipping costs.
Amazon prime products can be tested and returned within 30 days even.

Such returned products are then offered as B stock products cheaper for other customers also with 14 days return option by law

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #6,463 of 10,546
In Europe, at least in Germany you can return any product as long as no hygiene product within 14 days and pay only the shipping costs.
Amazon prime products can be tested and returned within 30 days even

I am definitely in Europe, I just never thought of it that way. So you're saying that for example I can buy an Nvidia RTX 4090 for 2000€, run it in my system for 14 days and then return it no questions asked at my local store or by paying return shipping to the online vendor?

Jan 14, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #6,464 of 10,546
I am definitely in Europe, I just never thought of it that way. So you're saying that for example I can buy an Nvidia RTX 4090 for 2000€, run it in my system for 14 days and then return it no questions asked at my local store or by paying return shipping to the online vendor?
Theoretically yes.
Whereas I haven't done that for such expensive products yet.
Buying in that range you are talking about I try to demo (in shop or there are vendors who have specific demo products / conditions), get used or for special prices below the market prices to have a lower loss risk after selling.

Btw the Amazon Prime business is living from exactly that return policy promise so people are buying with comfort but the products can also be more expensive than lowest possible prices from other vendors

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #6,465 of 10,546
It’s making me want a Stellia rather desperately…I was using the Audeze LCDi4 for a year before Celestee, but now it’s sitting in its box, waiting to be sold. I suspect when it goes I’ll move the Celestee on as well and it will be Stellia time.
You won’t be disappointed. Stellia’s are amazing, and mojo 2 makes them sing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back