Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 24, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #5,821 of 11,002
Doesn’t exist for iOS
iOS doesn’t impose a 24/48 limit like android does. It’s bit perfect through the lightning port or usb c port. So, UAPP is not necessary.

Unfortunately no Chord product allows the source to control volume. Not even if you add a poly.

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #5,822 of 11,002
Guys,

How do you keep your Mojo 2 attached to your smartphone and which is a good cable to connect it with an Android phone?

Thank you

I use this little DDHifi, Mojo in the palm behind my phone, works for me

Attachments

• IMG-20221124-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20221124-WA0002.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 24, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #5,823 of 11,002
iOS doesn’t impose a 24/48 limit like android does. It’s bit perfect through the lightning port or usb c port. So, UAPP is not necessary.

Unfortunately no Chord product allows the source to control volume. Not even if you add a poly.
No device allows to manipulate the Mojo's volume setting (gain), but you can use any source to manipulate the digital data stream to reduce the volume from the maximum output Mojo is set to.
I am currently using MConnect with Mojo2Poly, have used HiBy R3 DAP with coax, and if I remember correctly volume control also worked in Tidal when I connected the iPhone to Mojo via a Lightning cable.

For maximum sound quality the output volume of the digital source should always be 100%, but if you want to control the volume on the phone it is possible.

Nov 24, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #5,826 of 11,002
I added a Poly to Mojo2 four days ago. What a terrific upgrade over phones, iPads and laptops! Set up was iPhone levels of easy on GoFigure and I’m using Glider as the control app. Building playlists within Glider is a breeze, and it detected my Innuos Zen MK3 streamer on the network abs gave me full access to everything on its hard drive. I took the dog for a walk and ran Poly from my iPhone’s hotspot. Easy.
This is a profit I think with very high value. Even at full RRP I can’t see getting an obviously “better” streamer, DAC and headphone amp at the same price. It conformably outperforms my TOTL A&K DAP (which is now dead to me and heading off to a friend).
Using with Audeze LCDi4 and Focal Radiance.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #5,828 of 11,002
Mojo2/Poly using Glider the iPhone can control volume.
True, but that's attenuating the signal using DSP. As pointed out above, you can use Airplay, Roon, etc.

That's not the same as hitting the buttons on the Mojo.

But in reality it is semantics. You can make music louder and softer using software on the source. But it's not the same as hitting the physical buttons, and depending on implementation, could possibly not be transparent.

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #5,829 of 11,002
Looking to pick up some new open-back headphones for my Mojo 2 in the sales. Currently I have some k712pro which I find a bit boring (cant even recall buying them!), looking for some recommendations that pair well for around $1000 I listen mainly to Techno & Rock like Interpol, LCD soundsystem, Radiohead and would like something with something with punchy bass. I have always been a heavy IEM user so have never really explored higer end Open-backs before. Focal Clear are on a good sale near me but I have read they don't pair well with the mojo. Thanks

Nov 24, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #5,830 of 11,002
I was gifted a barely used Mojo !. I like it as much or more than my Gryphon, but it cuts out and the red light goes when I move the device. Any ideas for things to check or suggestions for repair?

Better cable that fits snugly perhaps ??

Is it a 2 or original Mojo ?

If 2 you could use the Micro if the C is giving issues or the C if the Micro is giving issues.

Nov 25, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #5,831 of 11,002
True, but that's attenuating the signal using DSP. As pointed out above, you can use Airplay, Roon, etc.

That's not the same as hitting the buttons on the Mojo.

But in reality it is semantics. You can make music louder and softer using software on the source. But it's not the same as hitting the physical buttons, and depending on implementation, could possibly not be transparent.
Yes, of course, but if the OP is in a position where phone control is needed (because reaching the Mojo isn’t possible?) then it’s likely the level of fidelity you’re talking about isn’t the main consideration.
I agree with you, just not sure it’s too if the list of concerns in this situation.

Nov 25, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #5,833 of 11,002
Looking to pick up some new open-back headphones for my Mojo 2 in the sales. Currently I have some k712pro which I find a bit boring (cant even recall buying them!), looking for some recommendations that pair well for around $1000 I listen mainly to Techno & Rock like Interpol, LCD soundsystem, Radiohead and would like something with something with punchy bass. I have always been a heavy IEM user so have never really explored higer end Open-backs before. Focal Clear are on a good sale near me but I have read they don't pair well with the mojo. Thanks
I found Quad ERA-1 to pair very well with the Mojo 2. Fast and resolving and with a +2db boost on the 20Hz region, very well resolved bass with plenty of weight.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #5,835 of 11,002
I‘ve had the Clears for 2 years and IMO they pair well with the Chord DACs, I use them mainly with the Hugo2Go.
Their signature is balanced and detailed, really leaning neutral with a touch of warmth and a little bit of bite in the treble.
What strikes me about the Clears is how realistic and natural they sound to me.
That can take a moment to adjust to when I change from a more colored IEM or my DCA AEON Noire headphones to the Clears.
Especially coming from the DCA AEON the dynamic capabilities of the Clears stand out too.
One thing to keep in mind, being open back dynamic driver headphones the Clears have some limitations in sub bass boosting capabilities.
Listening at normal levels they are very good, but with sub bass heavy music at very high volume or with a digital bass boost you can reach their mechanical excursion limits.

What IEMs are you using and what is your tuning preference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back