Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 23, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #5,673 of 10,857
Hi,
Has anybody tried Mojo2 with HMS 16x trough dual data coax mode?
I am interested in this too. I know most people consider it crazy not to use one of Chord’s more expensive DACs with the HMS but presumably Chord itself must think it worthwhile giving a spin and could be an unorthodox upgrade path for some. I have looked to see if the necessary cable exists but could not find any.

Oct 23, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #5,674 of 10,857
Oct 23, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #5,675 of 10,857
I am interested in this too. I know most people consider it crazy not to use one of Chord’s more expensive DACs with the HMS but presumably Chord itself must think it worthwhile giving a spin and could be an unorthodox upgrade path for some. I have looked to see if the necessary cable exists but could not find any.
Cable do exist as posted design by moonaudio. But i also have made my own dual coax when used hms with hugo2 :wink:

Oct 24, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #5,679 of 10,857
I compared the Cayin N6ii with R01 to the Cayin RU6 and it didn't matter that they were both R2R from the same company. The R01 was just many tiers above. I did think the Chord Mojo was a small tier below the R01 so I am curious about the Mojo 2. Looking forward to seeing how the Mojo 2 compares to the R01.

Did you find this comparison?

Oct 25, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #5,680 of 10,857
I compared the Cayin N6ii with R01 to the Cayin RU6 and it didn't matter that they were both R2R from the same company. The R01 was just many tiers above. I did think the Chord Mojo was a small tier below the R01 so I am curious about the Mojo 2. Looking forward to seeing how the Mojo 2 compares to the R01.
Have the Mojo 2, had the others you mention. I sold the R01 as soon as I received the Mojo 2 (and I loved R01). The Mojo 2 actually shares a very similar tonality with R01 - neutral but musical. But Mojo 2 has much better dynamics together with better technical performance. Mojo OG is - IMO - a notable step down from R01 and Mojo 2.

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #5,682 of 10,857
I don't remember reading that the Mojo2 can support the double data rate feed to the MScaler.
I may be wrong, but the Mojo2 might be only able to match the Hugo TT, with single data feed at 384K.

Best to check this, before you spend thousands of pounds.
Page 7 of the M2 manual states ‘3.5 mm coaxial (single coax: tip: signal, sleeve: ground. Dual data coax [for use with Hugo M-Scaler]: tip: signal 1, ring: signal 2 sleeve: ground)’.
So it looks promising.

Oct 27, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #5,683 of 10,857
Any way to fix this or just have to learn to live with it? Picked up a used Mojo 2 earlier this month and didn’t even notice this until today, and retrospect see it in the original pic. 😔
4B430D2E-A6C5-4B96-B9D4-FA57925888A1.jpeg

Oct 29, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #5,685 of 10,857
WHITE NOISE.

I have Mojo not Mojo 2. I normally use coaxial in from a Fiio M11 Plus so as to not have an issue with white noise. I had never experienced the white noise problem but for the cost of a nice little Moon Audio cable I thought I could avoid the risk so it seemed like a no brainer.

Anyway, I recently got a iPad mini 6 and have been using that with the Mojo a bit. The other day I was doing some A-B testing with iPad into the Mojo with a very firm fitting ddhifi C to Micro cable and was swapping out headphones plugs while very firmly holding the Mojo down on the desk. I am 99% confident that between the snug fit of the cable, me holding the Mojo and the fact the cable was still very well seated afterwards the USB cable was not disturbed.

Well I got the white noise, luckily I was using DCA Aeon so it wasn’t actually very loud.

Just throwing that out there for consideration.

To me I am 99% certain the only thing that was happening to the Mojo was headphone swapping and it seems that somehow triggered the white noise.

Unless it was purely coincidental and it just started on its own out of the blue, the same track was playing the whole time, there was no change in music source so that doesn’t seem likely but perhaps it could be what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back