Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 17, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #5,641 of 11,010
Thanks for your reply and the link! Unfortunately, I cannot find this cable on Amazon UK. I can only find this one.
I can also see this Short Micro USB to USB C Cable but this will not work since the M3K has a Micro USB2.0, and the Host side on this cable is USB-C, is this correct?

EDIT: I went on and ordered this one. Hope it will work with the supplied USB cable.
Hello again, just sharing my experience so that others will avoid my mistake. So, I've received the aforementioned adapter and it does not work, it is not the correct one. It does not even fit in the port on my FiiO M3K. So, I've prepared to return it and I've now ordered that cable I mention above. It will take a couple of days to arrive + Royal Mail will be on strike, but I sincerely hope it will work. Pity that I've asked here but no one has advised me properly.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #5,642 of 11,010
Does this work from Android to Mojo 2 ? Fiio LT-TC1 USB-C to USB-C cable
https://www.fiio.com/productinfo/354074.html
It seems like everyone is using iPhone, no one cares for Android :frowning2:

I can’t see any reason why that cable would not work.

I use these ones from ddhifi, they work well and come in length and straight or right angle end options.

I have used one of these with a C to Micro adapter for Fiio M11 Plus to an original Mojo and it works perfectly.

https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/401430.html

Oct 17, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #5,643 of 11,010
Hello again, just sharing my experience so that others will avoid my mistake. So, I've received the aforementioned adapter and it does not work, it is not the correct one. It does not even fit in the port on my FiiO M3K. So, I've prepared to return it and I've now ordered that cable I mention above. It will take a couple of days to arrive + Royal Mail will be on strike, but I sincerely hope it will work. Pity that I've asked here but no one has advised me

Pity you asked here ?

You bought that adapter with no recommendation from anybody here. I suggested it SHOULD work after you had already ordered it, one would need a crystal ball to know its MICRO plug would not plug into your players MICRO port.

I believe the cable you have now ordered SHOULD work but as I stated I have no experience with your player.

Fiio products with Micro fittings can be problematic so you are on you own, you need to try for yourself.

I had a Fiio Q5S that had micro and it needed its own special cable and nothing else would work. I had to import one from China, that cable worked perfectly with the Q5S but would not work with anything else at all. Pity as the Q5S died inside 6 weeks as did the replacement one !

If the cable you ordered doesn’t work I would update the player to a modern one with USB-C, there might be more going on and you might struggle to find a cable that works.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #5,644 of 11,010
Does this work from Android to Mojo 2 ? Fiio LT-TC1 USB-C to USB-C cable
https://www.fiio.com/productinfo/354074.html
It seems like everyone is using iPhone, no one cares for Android :frowning2:

I just tried USB-C to an original Mojo (Micro of course) with a variety of very basic general use USB-C to C cables with a C to Micro adapter and even an A to C cable with adapters at both ends and everything worked fine.

Oct 17, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #5,645 of 11,010
Pity you asked here ?

You bought that adapter with no recommendation from anybody here. I suggested it SHOULD work after you had already ordered it, one would need a crystal ball to know its MICRO plug would not plug into your players MICRO port.

I believe the cable you have now ordered SHOULD work but as I stated I have no experience with your player.

Fiio products with Micro fittings can be problematic so you are on you own, you need to try for yourself.

I had a Fiio Q5S that had micro and it needed its own special cable and nothing else would work. I had to import one from China, that cable worked perfectly with the Q5S but would not work with anything else at all. Pity as the Q5S died inside 6 weeks as did the replacement one !

If the cable you ordered doesn’t work I would update the player to a modern one with USB-C, there might be more going on and you might struggle to find a cable that works.

Good luck.

Hey, it's OK, don't take it personally :) I haven't mentioned you or quoted you, I have not referred to you, personally. All I said was, pity I was not advised against that adapter whilst I had linked to it. I do not know much about connector types. No big deal, I'm returning it, getting a full refund, and waiting for the other cable. Furthermore, I've observed closely M3K's connector, and it seems to me identical with supplied Mojo 2 cable. So, the new one will work. Finally, I'm not planning to use the M3K, all I ever use it for is to burn-in IEMs/headphones. The only reason I'm looking to connect it to the Mojo 2 is to see how this works.

Best of luck to you, too :)

Oct 17, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #5,646 of 11,010
Hey, it's OK, don't take it personally :) I haven't mentioned you or quoted you, I have not referred to you, personally. All I said was, pity I was not advised against that adapter whilst I had linked to it. I do not know much about connector types. No big deal, I'm returning it, getting a full refund, and waiting for the other cable. Furthermore, I've observed closely M3K's connector, and it seems to me identical with supplied Mojo 2 cable. So, the new one will work. Finally, I'm not planning to use the M3K, all I ever use it for is to burn-in IEMs/headphones. The only reason I'm looking to connect it to the Mojo 2 is to see how this works.

Best of luck to you, too :)

Fair enough, no you didn’t refer to me directly but I was the only one that replied to you so I read your comment to mean it was a pity the comments I made came up short.

All good, things get lost in only a written response.

I hope it does work, as I said, while my sample size is small I have had some strange compatibility issues with micro equipped Fiio gear.

Good luck.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #5,647 of 11,010
Does anyone have opinion on a long USBC to USBA cable with Mojo 2 on sound quality.

My source device is Nvidia Shield TV PRO which is 3.5 meters from me.

It has USB-A ports for Audio output with DACs.

So i am considering a 5 meter USBC - USBA cable from Mojo2 to Nvidia Shield, but concerned on sound quality due to length. I can spend upto £40 on cable.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #5,648 of 11,010
Does anyone have opinion on a long USBC to USBA cable with Mojo 2 on sound quality.

My source device is Nvidia Shield TV PRO which is 3.5 meters from me.

It has USB-A ports for Audio output with DACs.

So i am considering a 5 meter USBC - USBA cable from Mojo2 to Nvidia Shield, but concerned on sound quality due to length. I can spend upto £40 on cable.
5 meters is very long and data rate drops but it's sufficient for audio data IMO.

If you are concerned, you may get active USB cable.

Oct 18, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #5,649 of 11,010
Are there any Hugo2 experts here? I have a Hugo2/ToGo setup that I'm loving as a transportable amp but want to play with it as a DAC for some other rigs I have.

Has anyone compared using the 3.5MM headphone output (with the volume set at unity gain) vs the RCA outputs? I ask because I have some very high end cables I can repurpose if I use the 3.5MM out. So if there is no degradation over the RCA fixed outs, that would be my preference.

Another plus with that setup would be being able to use the remote for fine gain adjustment and mute with the connected amps.

Thanks!

Oct 18, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #5,650 of 11,010
Are there any Hugo2 experts here? I have a Hugo2/ToGo setup that I'm loving as a transportable amp but want to play with it as a DAC for some other rigs I have.

Has anyone compared using the 3.5MM headphone output (with the volume set at unity gain) vs the RCA outputs? I ask because I have some very high end cables I can repurpose if I use the 3.5MM out. So if there is no degradation over the RCA fixed outs, that would be my preference.

Another plus with that setup would be being able to use the remote for fine gain adjustment and mute with the connected amps.

Thanks!
Currawong and some Hugo2 owners have stated that the RCA outputs sound better, with the theory being that the Jack outputs have some cross-talk.

I have not tested it, so this is simply repeating statements, not my personal experience

PS: you can directly ask questions about the Hugo 2 in the dedicated thread here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #5,651 of 11,010
Currawong and some Hugo2 owners have stated that the RCA outputs sound better, with the theory being that the Jack outputs have some cross-talk.

I have not tested it, so this is simply repeating statements, not my personal experience

PS: you can directly ask questions about the Hugo 2 in the dedicated thread here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/
Thanks and thanks for the link. I searched for a dedicated Hugo 2 thread and only got hits for the Mojo thread for some reason.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #5,652 of 11,010

Thanks!

I am not a Hugo 2 owner and don’t know anything about them but by chance I stumbled upon this video a couple of days ago and stumbled upon your post today.

After around 3 minutes Amos discusses the headphone out versus the RCA outs but in the reverse application to your situation. The upshot being that with good cables omitting adapters and such the headphone out and RCA out are identical.

So, logically your intention of repurposing a really good 3.5mm cable to make an interconnect seems like it would be precisely the same net result as using the RCA with equally good cables.

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #5,653 of 11,010
So people say that the only way of delivering bit perfect audio from Android to Mojo is USB Audio Player Pro
UAPP supports Tidal or Qobuz, but there is no way to download and store music. It must download a song from Tidal/Qobuz servers on each listen.
It would consume insane amounts of data which makes streaming practically useless.
Is there a robust solution for using streaming services from Android to Mojo ?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #5,654 of 11,010
I’ve just started having issues with my Mojo2. I’ve been using it for several months without issue but it has just started loosing sync during songs resulting in white noise. It is at the same volume as the track so not the bad white noise issue. The only cure seems to be to unplug the cable and plug it back in. I’ve left it sitting on a desk and it still does it so I don’t think it is movement of the connectors. I will order another cable to be sure but it is a very distinct change in operation. It’s happening approximately every 15 to 20 minutes so very annoying.
I’m using Roon but think it is related to the iPhone and Mojo rather than the transport. I’ll try it with another app to check though.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems? It’s only started in the last week or so.

Oct 18, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #5,655 of 11,010
Forgive me as some content I'm posting may not relate to Mojo₂, but I noticed a Hugo₂ question so I wanted to share my thoughts since I have real-world experience with this issue (only a handful have experience), not just theory. It may be of interest too to some as the Mojo₂ is a gateway drug to the Hugo₂. I moved on from the Hugo₂ thread since my project is complete and I want to stay discipline staying away from that thread so I hope you understand. I like to focus on future projects, not past projects. I'll try to keep the posts related to Hugo₂ short and concise.

I did want to be a Mojo₂ lemming, but it doesn't have a ADC and RCA output. Dealbreakers. For absolute SQ, RCA is the only way to go if you have premium cables. I'm not talking about the glorified AliExpress OEM (PWAudio, Effect, Brise, Norne, Double Helix, etc.) cables everyone uses but the cables only available from true craftsmen in the trade that control their own supply chain not glorified cable assemblers.

Post-pandemic for travel / commute, I'm more concerned with isolation than SQ. Especially since I'm more into convergence (videos, audiobooks, lossy) than critical listening while on the road. The travel / commute environment is just not conducive for critical listening, too many distractions.

I'm a bit of a Germaphobe too so I need to consider what I need to disinfect and to keep the smartphone far away from my voice. As some of you know, smartphones are full of germs (as much as a toilet seat) so I need a external microphone. I cannot wear ear tips so that rules out Airpods w/ mic.

So my current project is to build a sound dampening headphone that's extremly comfortable with ear gels and cotton padding. The head strap is comfortable as well. And now it has a external microphone so I can receieve / make phone - video calls.

alpine.png

gel.png

I use the methods of Car Audio to sound dampen the headphone while wearing over CIEMs, so I can have better isolation for listening and phone / video calls. I H8 Universal IEMs and Headphones on the comfort side so only CIEMs will do.

If a future Mojo can handle this task of a microphone input (ADC), I'll be in Mobile Joy. Since Rob Watts is working on the Davina (ADC), may be slight slight chance an ADC will be incorporated into a Mojo one day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back