Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 16, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #5,628 of 10,857
Mojo 2 sound quality, DSP, form factor and NX7 clean power is hard to beat. But as you said it's a big hassle to carry three devices.

Q7 has the power to match NX7 but we need to wait and see if it can match the sound quality of Mojo 2.

You can check Xduoo XD-05 Pro which is very powerful and comes with swappable DAC modules.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05pro.964620/
thanks friend. Greatly appreciate it

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #5,629 of 10,857
I am not familiar with the M3K but you should be able to connect it to the Mojo 2 with a Micro USB to Micro USB cable or a Micro USB to USB-C cable. There should be no reason to double up cable like you suggested.

I would think this one would work, I have a number of Cable Creations products and they are decent quality. They are so cheap get a couple because Micro USB can be a bit fussy with fit I have found.

I have the same cable in a C to Micro that I have used on a Fiio M11 Plus to Mojo original and it works fine.

https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation-Micro-Compatible-Android-Tablet/dp/B0744BW2B2?th=1&psc=1
Thanks for your reply and the link! Unfortunately, I cannot find this cable on Amazon UK. I can only find this one.
I can also see this Short Micro USB to USB C Cable but this will not work since the M3K has a Micro USB2.0, and the Host side on this cable is USB-C, is this correct?

EDIT: I went on and ordered this one. Hope it will work with the supplied USB cable.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #5,631 of 10,857
Thanks for your reply and the link! Unfortunately, I cannot find this cable on Amazon UK. I can only find this one.
I can also see this Short Micro USB to USB C Cable but this will not work since the M3K has a Micro USB2.0, and the Host side on this cable is USB-C, is this correct?

EDIT: I went on and ordered this one. Hope it will work with the supplied USB cable.

The first Startech cable should be fine, as I imagine the adapter you ordered will be.

You are correct that in your application the host end of an OTG cable needs to be micro and for the Mojo 2 end it can obviously be micro or C.

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #5,633 of 10,857
Yeah the source itself is the main factor.
Here's some tests I did for example showing it on USB, but one direct to PC, and one with a very low noise isolator.

A fair bit of high frequency hash coming through.
It's fine when connected to my phone though, but that's probably pretty quiet so that'd make sense.

Is this actually audible though?

Oct 16, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #5,634 of 10,857
Oct 17, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #5,636 of 10,857
Hi all, apologies if this question has been asked before but I've never been able to find a clear answer.

I currently use the Mojo 2 (and before that the OG Mojo) with a Hiby R3 Pro. I'm thinking of upgrading the Hiby, mostly because I'd like a player that runs android natively and so supports offline Tidal playback. There are a few options, but the difference mainly comes down to the audio quality of the DAP. So, here's my question - does the Mojo entirely bypass the DAC in the audio player, or does it enhance it? In other words, would a £200 player sound the same through Mojo as a £1,000 one? I suspect the Mojo enhances it, but I know Android has some weird issues with drivers so though I should find out before rather than wasting money on a player with a better built-in DAC that won't get used.

Would be grateful for any guidance! Thanks
I have been using the R3 with the original Mojo for years, and love the stack for the simplicity and for offline listening.

With Mojo 2 I took the plunge to get the Poly and while there is a learning curve with it and is a little finicky I believe it‘s overall a much better solution, because:
* best sound quality
* can use fast phone user interface
* future proof (upgrade phone, keep Mojo2Poly)
* Roon endpoint
* mechanically cleaner and more robust, no 2 devices with cable in between

Poly is pricey, but if you anyway are willing to buy a midrange DAP it's a wash.

Oct 17, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #5,637 of 10,857
(Sorry if asked before) Can I use a USB-C to USB-C cable to feed audio from my Android phone to Mojo 2 ?
You can. I'd advise that you still need a dedicated music player that outputs bitperfect, otherwise you'll be sending audio that's been processed by the phones DAC, and it won't sound anywhere near as good as bitperfect will.

Oct 17, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #5,638 of 10,857
You can. I'd advise that you still need a dedicated music player that outputs bitperfect, otherwise you'll be sending audio that's been processed by the phones DAC, and it won't sound anywhere near as good as bitperfect will.
I'll use USB Audio Player Pro to output bit perfect.

When searching for cables I'm very confused. People say OTG cables are necessary for bit perfect output. But when it comes to USB-C to USB-C cables, I don't see any OTG ones. So OTG only applies to Micro Usb cables ?

Oct 17, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #5,639 of 10,857
I'll use USB Audio Player Pro to output bit perfect.

When searching for cables I'm very confused. People say OTG cables are necessary for bit perfect output. But when it comes to USB-C to USB-C cables, I don't see any OTG ones. So OTG only applies to Micro Usb cables ?
Honestly I'm not sure it matters. I think if I remember correctly otg was specifically to connect full size USB A to micro or usb c. So you should be fine for any USB c to USB c cable and not have to worry about it being labeled as otg. The only ones I might avoid are those labeled as charging cables only as they may not include the connections for the data pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back