Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 21, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #3,303 of 10,962
i was lucky to grab an open box unit from music room with 15% discount. i think there is a third party selling mojo 2 on Amazon, delivery is end of this month

Mar 22, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #3,306 of 10,962
I've set up my Mojo 2 on my Windows 11 Pro laptop according to this guide. When I am listening to Amazon Music Unlimited the power button color does not correspond to the sample rate. The song is playing at 44.1 kHz but the button lights up in light blue instead of red. In Qobuz, the power button lights up according to the sample rate. I've selected the Exclusive mode in the Amazon Music app, on my laptop. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #3,307 of 10,962
I've set up my Mojo 2 on my Windows 11 Pro laptop according to this guide. When I am listening to Amazon Music Unlimited the power button color does not correspond to the sample rate. The song is playing at 44.1 kHz but the button lights up light blue instead of red. In Qobuz, the power button lights up according to the sample rate. I've selected the Exclusive mode in the Amazon Music app, on my laptop. Am I doing something wrong?
The setup guide you linked is for Mojo 1. I'm not sure if there were changes to the driver for Mojo 2, but the relevant information is here:
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo-2-instructional
I'm not familiar with Amazon Music though.

Mar 22, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #3,308 of 10,962
I've set up my Mojo 2 on my Windows 11 Pro laptop according to this guide. When I am listening to Amazon Music Unlimited the power button color does not correspond to the sample rate. The song is playing at 44.1 kHz but the button lights up light blue instead of red. In Qobuz, the power button lights up according to the sample rate. I've selected the Exclusive mode in the Amazon Music app, on my laptop. Am I doing something wrong?
You're not, Amazon and windows is. Getting bit perfect off of a computer is bit of a mess. Especially with Amazon music.

I go into this in detail here if interested.

TLDR - A streamer will fix this and sound much better.

Mar 22, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #3,309 of 10,962
@Radaos , thanks, I've already watched that video. All it says is that you need to download and install the windows driver. The guide I've given, shows how to set it up in the Control Panel/Sound, as well.

@Chibs , thanks for your reply, really interesting video! Tomorrow I am receiving a FiiO BTA30 Pro. Will it do the trick?

And one last question: when the Mojo 2 is connected to a PC/laptop via USB, does it charge at the same time? Is this possible? Because now that I am using it with my laptop and listening to music, it does not charge. The battery status indicator has gone green (battery level 40% - 75%)

PS: I wish the button signs and the logo were a bit more bold. They are so faint on my unit. In the pictures of the reviews and in their YouTube videos, as well, they are clearly visible. Already contacted support, they said it is normal/same for everyone.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #3,311 of 10,962
@Radaos , thanks, I've already watched that video. All it says is that you need to download and install the windows driver. The guide I've given, shows how to set it up in the Control Panel/Sound, as well.

@Chibs , thanks for your reply, really interesting video! Tomorrow I am receiving a FiiO BTA30 Pro. Will it do the trick?

And one last question: when the Mojo 2 is connected to a PC/laptop via USB, does it charge at the same time? Is this possible? Because now that I am using it with my laptop and listening to music, it does not charge. The battery status indicator has gone green (battery level 40% - 75%)

PS: I wish the button signs and the logo were a bit more bold. They are so faint on my unit. In the pictures of the reviews and in their YouTube videos, as well, they are clearly visible. Already contacted support, they said it is normal/same for everyone.
I have the Bta30 Pro too. Use it connected to my TV in conjunction with the Btr5. Great combo for that stuff but sadly won't help your situation.
You can also get bit perfect out of your computer from Tidal but your Mojo won't support MQA and coming out of your computer will sound meh anyways.
Basically, if you want bit perfect with amazon you'll need a streamer that supports Amazon Music. You can get Bitperfect to your dac from iphone or ipad if you switch to Apple music though. I have an other video on the Streaming services that I've tried (if you search my channel).

We still have a long way to go with high res music streaming. Hopefully things will become less complicated soon!

Mar 22, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #3,312 of 10,962
I have the Bta30 Pro too. Use it connected to my TV in conjunction with the Btr5. Great combo for that stuff but sadly won't help your situation.
You can also get bit perfect out of your computer from Tidal but your Mojo won't support MQA and coming out of your computer will sound meh anyways.
Basically, if you want bit perfect with amazon you'll need a streamer that supports Amazon Music. You can get Bitperfect to your dac from iphone or ipad if you switch to Apple music though. I have an other video on the Streaming services that I've tried (if you search my channel).

We still have a long way to go with high res music streaming. Hopefully things will become less complicated soon!
Thanks, I'll have a look at your channel. I'm on Android, no Apple here, sorry. I will try to use the BTA30 Pro with my Qudelix-5K. I think it will work OK, I don't trust FiiO but I gave in, this time. The sad thing, I've learned from your video, is that it's not just a color that's not changing on Amazon HD + Ultra, but it is actually the quality of the sound. On Qobuz, it changes and it sounds different, as well. Let me confirm, though: when Qobuz says 24 bits / 96 kHz, and Mojo 2 lights up a green power button, am I actually listening to that?

Also, to reply to myself: nope, the Mojo 2 will not charge when connected to a desktop/laptop via USB-C while listening to music, but it will charge if connected via the
Micro-USB charging input to the PC, while playing music via its USB-C input. So, you need to connect it with both cables.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #3,313 of 10,962
Thanks, I'll have a look at your channel. I'm on Android, no Apple here, sorry. I will try to use the BTA30 Pro with my Qudelix-5K. I think it will work OK, I don't trust FiiO but I gave in, this time. The sad thing, I've learned from your video, is that it's not just a color that's not changing on Amazon HD + Ultra, but it is actually the quality of the sound. On Qobuz, it changes and it sounds different, as well. Let me confirm, though: when Qobuz says 24 bits / 96 kHz, and Mojo 2 lights up a green power button, am I actually listening to that?

Also, to reply to myself: nope, the Mojo 2 will not charge when connected to a desktop/laptop via USB-C while listening to music, but it will charge if connected via the
Micro-USB charging input to the PC, while playing music via its USB-C input. So, you need to connect it with both cables.
I can tell you with certainty, amazon won't be any different with that BTA30 from your PC.
Quobuz is a different story. I have no experience with it because I can't get it here. Honestly, I'm jealous you have it.

Rob Watts designed the mojo2 so the charging is separate from data.

Mar 22, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #3,314 of 10,962
I can tell you with certainty, amazon won't be any different with that BTA30 from your PC.
Quobuz is a different story. I have no experience with it because I can't get it here. Honestly, I'm jealous you have it.

Rob Watts designed the mojo2 so the charging is separate from data.
We'll see tomorrow, when I will get the BTA30 Pro. The reason I got it is that I want Bluetooth indoors, while I am moving inside my property doing various things. For now, I am using my FiiO UTWS5. It's fine but goes up to aptX Adaptive only. My Qudelix-5K can do LDAC + PEQ. I'm not sure if the BTA30 Pro can connect, somehow, with my XBOX Series S, I don't think so. It cannot even connect "properly" to the UTWS5, it cannot control play/pause or next/previous song...

Yeah, Qobuz might be a different story when used with UAPP on Android, it supports bit-perfect then. I'll get it tomorrow, and I will then listen to a few songs from there, and then the same from Amazon HD, at 48 kHz. I am curious if I will be able to hear a difference. Don't envy me. I'm paying Amazon Prime, Video, Music, I even had an Audible subscription for 2 years. Yet, I'm mostly listening to YouTube free because the DJ sets I'm dying for, are not available anywhere else.

Yeah, Rob designed the Mojo 2 so the charging is separate from data, so I need a longer charging cable to reach my Multiple Plug Power Strip

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back