Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 25, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #2,912 of 10,526
How are you enjoying the Liric with the Mojo 2? I love the Liric with Mojo OG - lovely combo. Hoping the synergy is retained in MKii.
I'm absolutely loving the Liric with the Mojo 2. I do keep going back to the Liric & iFi Diablo combo though - That's phenomenal. And what you would expect with the price difference. Mojo 2 with Liric is such a rich, dynamic and musical experience though :D

Feb 25, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #2,913 of 10,526
My current set-ups:
👉 Desktop: Mac mini -> Schiit Stack (Modi 2 + Loki + Magni 3) -> HD6XX & HE4XX
👉 Portable (just for around the house; I don't listen outside of the house): iPhone -> iFi Hip Dac -> HD6XX & HE4XX

I'm thinking about getting the Mojo2 to see if I can hear an improvement over my current set ups. If the improvement is significant enough I'll keep the Mojo2. If not, I'll consider reselling it.

Question: What would be a reasonable expectation on resale value of a Mojo2 that is in mint condition and just a few months old? The price here in Canada for a new Mojo2 is $875.00 (+ taxes = $988.00).

Could I expect to resell for 80% of the new purchase price?
75%?
70%
Less/More?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #2,914 of 10,526
My current set-ups:
👉 Portable (just for around the house; I don't listen outside of the house): iPhone -> iFi Hip Dac -> HD6XX & HE4XX

I'm thinking about getting the Mojo2 to see if I can hear an improvement over my current set ups. If the improvement is significant enough I'll keep the Mojo2. If not, I'll consider reselling it.

Question: What would be a reasonable expectation on resale value of a Mojo2 that is in mint condition and just a few months old? The price here in Canada for a new Mojo2 is $875.00 (+ taxes = $988.00).

75%?
70%
Less/More?
The law of diminishing returns would say that early in the life of the hype train you can recoup more than as time progresses. As a result of the MSRP and exchange rate you will not have a large pool of potential buyers.

Buy Mojo2 for the Musical Joy and stick to precious metals for investment returns

Feb 25, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #2,915 of 10,526
My current set-ups:

75%?
70%
Less/More?
I predict it will be a significant improvement! But do give yourself at least a week or two of listening, not even comparing, then evaluate. It takes a bit for the brain to get used to what Mojo delivers.

Feb 25, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #2,916 of 10,526
I predict it will be a significant improvement! But do give yourself at least a week or two of listening, not even comparing, then evaluate. It takes a bit for the brain to get used to what Mojo delivers.

Yes, I will listen for a few weeks exclusively using the mojo2 and then I will go back to my other set ups to see if I hear a difference.

I make consistent use of the Loki’s & Hip Dac’s ability to boost bass, so I’m looking forward to seeing what the mojo2 can offer in that regard.

Feb 25, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #2,917 of 10,526
My current set-ups:

75%?
70%
Less/More?
I have a Hip DAC. You cannot compare the Mojo 2. It's significantly better with my IEMs.

Feb 25, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #2,919 of 10,526
Good to hear that. I’m hoping that the difference is noticeable as well with open back headphones. In other words, is the Mojo’s goodness really only appreciated with highly resolving IEM‘s?

Considering how much I love using the mojo with my speakers, I'm inclined to say no.

Feb 25, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #2,920 of 10,526
I am still yet getting to know my new mojo 2 - so far I do like it!

With the new DSP function and the visualization I saw in another post where EQ setting were visualized by the +/- db next to the according colored ball, a kind of database would be cool:
Fields would be contributor name, Headphone model, and then each of the adjustable ranges represent with the ballcolor
Entries would be modelname and +/- db for each dsp set
Does that maybe even exist already, how to brighten up bass beast ot give more richness to too flat sounding headphones, based on the contributors experience

Feb 25, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #2,921 of 10,526
Mojo 2 arriving early next week. I’m upgrading my mojo 1 because of the innovative way the EQ was designed. I am planning on making it with Poly my main mobile rig. I am hoping to add the little tweak to EQ the Odin and EVO need to tame the mids. I’ve also loaded a 1tb sd card with PGGB files. If it sounds even as good as the poly/mojo1 with PGGB it will be a pocket mscaler. I feel version 3 of gofigure has all the bugs out at least in my system. I use Cantata to easily create the albums as playlists and one complete playlist of everything. Imho airplane/bluetooth mode gives the best sound.

Feb 26, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #2,922 of 10,526
Received my M2 & Poly last week. It's my first Chord stuff.

Poly was still at FW 2.xx, so I had to return to dealer for update, will arrive next days.

2nd topic is the battery on my M2.
My Mojo 2 plays only 3 hours on a Grado PS500e after fully 100% charged.
After one night unused, the next day the battery was fully depleted after 50% charging level the day before switching off.

Seems my start with Chord devices are not that good
Finally received a new updated Poly and a new Mojo 2 without battery issue. Thanks to my dealer
Listening since yesterday with Sennheisers IE 900.
Can’t be more satisfied with this setup.

Feb 26, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #2,923 of 10,526
Would love to hear from anyone who upgraded but also kept their original Mojo for any particular OG Mojo audio qualities missing from their Mojo 2 upgrade.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #2,924 of 10,526
Would love to hear from anyone who upgraded but also kept their original Mojo for any particular OG Mojo audio qualities missing from their Mojo 2 upgrade.
No new posts in a while so I thought I'd chime in....my Mojo 2 came early last week....now I miss nothing about the OG except as an early love/
backup unit. Seriously, although for some OG users the Mojo 2 will be an optional or even unnecessary purchase, for this user the 2 is a serious upgrade!
I am Thrilled with this unit! Took me a while to figure out that I got the best sound with the USB-C input, (using the Apple USB-C charging cable). In retrospect,
micro USB is a poor input connector for a DAC as it can lose connection easily by even slightly moving the Mojo, so USB-C is not only very secure fit-wise,
but it sounds lovely with just this regular USB-C cable! And once I had it for a few days I found the controls extremely easy and intuitive...love
that I can change or check the settings with the music playing! And the sound quality is for me a total makeover
(What HiFi's review describes the improvements well for me)!

I can't express how satisfied and excited I am! Still love the OG but it will be getting much less use; it has for me no advantages sonically over the Mojo 2;
the 2 perfects the design for me. The synergy with my Grado's is fantastic, and Apple Music never sounded better (I'm cancelling my Tidal after
having subscribed for almost 5 years, nice service but better deals out there with also excellent quality).

The eq is great but I've only made one or two 1 db adjustments to my two main Grado's and the crossfeed is fun but pretty subtle.
Sound quality alone and USB-C input makes it for me worth the upgrade, the DSP features are icing on the cake and really nice to have!

Anyone who is happy with the OG enjoy it as it is still a great unit!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back