Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 10, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #2,386 of 10,825
Abyss in their Top of the Line videos speaks to colour variations and why they do it the way Abyss does… and they don’t do black. In their case they machine the product and after investing in all the materials, labour etc had sent them out for anodizing. The anodizer screws up and you scrap the parts or the customer gets guess what? Can’t speak to Chord but I have seen and been on the receiving end with other “quality” anodized products. Good that the recent ones are properly finished and you did well. Here is my Poly which the dealer received from Chord, as new stock, last November.

Mojo OG Poly 1000.jpeg
That's shockingly poor.

Feb 10, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #2,387 of 10,825
Few more days on it, with the odd return to the OG.
I am starting to appreciate a conservative use of the crossfeed with certain headphones now and then...and if that has negative effects then on to a quick EQ...
And a point about that, there is no extra step in the form of an app, I find the menu surprisingly intuitive. Dead easy. just get on with the music.

Going to be very happy with this when travelling light compared to OG.

Feb 10, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #2,388 of 10,825
Few more days on it, with the odd return to the OG.
I am starting to appreciate a conservative use of the crossfeed with certain headphones now and then...and if that has negative effects then on to a quick EQ...
And a point about that, there is no extra step in the form of an app, I find the menu surprisingly intuitive. Dead easy. just get on with the music.

Going to be very happy with this when travelling light compared to OG.
Yep the EQ is super easy to use and now intuitive.
The other interesting thing to note is how the 20khz and 20hz adjusters are unlike any others I’ve ever come across. In fact the shelf EQs are too in a different way. The 20/20 adjusters are only adjusting the weak points of many systems …. High end air and sub bass. How refreshing to be able to use just those. And they’re all I’m adjusting. Yes shelf filters create overall warmth / Mojo 1 comparable sound … but I’m loving the 20/20!

Feb 10, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #2,389 of 10,825
Yep the EQ is super easy to use and now intuitive.
The other interesting thing to note is how the 20khz and 20hz adjusters are unlike any others I’ve ever come across. In fact the shelf EQs are too in a different way. The 20/20 adjusters are only adjusting the weak points of many systems …. High end air and sub bass. How refreshing to be able to use just those. And they’re all I’m adjusting. Yes shelf filters create overall warmth / Mojo 1 comparable sound … but I’m loving the 20/20!
Much prefer it to a loudness button like ZenDac2.
E1DA Power dac and HPtoy was my previous, and that is still interesting, but for just getting on with it...prefer Mojo2.

Feb 10, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #2,390 of 10,825
Was just a general post, only received it today. Paired with the IE 800 S & listen to any genre really but mostly Pop, Post-Punk & Jazz.

Owned the original for over a hear until I moved to the Hugo 2.

First impressions are that it sounds far more engaging and lively, wasn't a huge fan of the warm sound on the original. Imaging is fantastic, vocals are clear, and sound is fairly neutral.

Will need more time to sit with it but first impressions are positive.
Would really appreciate your comparison of Mojo 2 vs Hugo 2.

Feb 10, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #2,391 of 10,825
Loving the mojo 2. (optical / audioquest nighthawk carbon : low distortion pleasure )
Better depth, less bloom in bass. With flat EQ already better and worth a try.
I just love the sound : precise but super smooth

The big change is the EQ that will help you so subtly correct your headphone imbalance. While keeping a pure sound.
Everybody is always discussing the FreqResponse of a DAC. Here, just tune it to your taste : great job, great idea.

Feb 10, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #2,392 of 10,825
I've caved in, bought the M2.

Compared to M1, my brief initial impression is the M2 out of the box sounded a bit thinner, but still very good.

Using the EQ changed all that. I've added gain to the Bass and Midbass EQ, and now all sounds good and even better than M1. Other than bass, I'm impressed how other frequencies, to my ears, remain pure and unaffected (unlike other DAPs or DACs which produces more 'artificial' sound when using their DSP).

I'm a very happy camper. My only gripe is ad hoc connection issues when on the go and using my phone as wifi hotspot.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #2,393 of 10,825
So 1.5 steps forward and 1 step back?

Feb 10, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #2,394 of 10,825
Hopefully Dignis will release a better case soon. Chord’s Mojo hard cases were much nicer than the current offerings. The sloppy red stitching and grainy leather makes it look like an ancient case for a 1990s Nokia mobile phone.
That hard case was good for protection, but I found it a PITA to get open again if you wanted to use Mojo via USB input (as I often did). I've also seen photos around of cases where the little plastic tab on the closing clip had broke, so people would have to wrap bands around the case to keep it closed. If they could make the case easier to open & close with a sturdier clasp or different locking mechanism it would be great.

Feb 11, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #2,398 of 10,825
I'm quite a bass head. Added +5db to lower bass, and mid-bass.

No change to lower treble and high treble (i. E. 0db 'flat').

With these settings, the bass quantity and quality surpasses M1.
How does that answer Pier Paolo's question? He is asking about the eq settings to make the sound similar to M1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back