Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 3, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #1,861 of 10,527
Are there any US dealers that have Mojo 2s to ship, all the ones I’ve checked say Preorder.

Feb 3, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #1,862 of 10,527
So the difference between Mojo 1 and Mojo 2 is just character? If so, I guess it is not worth spending $1000 to upgrade from the Mojo 1 to the Mojo 2? (Because I would also need to buy a new Van Nuys case that fits the Poly + Mojo 2 which is going to be $200+ atleast for sure).
It's not only the "character" these are my early impressions and I've given more details in previous posts.

Feb 3, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #1,863 of 10,527
Exactly. Who cares about 20khz? I can't even hear above 17k anymore which I'm lucky to have (in my late 20s) and it's only going downhill from here. Rob Watts definitely can't hear these super high frequencies. Unless this filter starts attenuating frequencies around 7k I can't see it being of much use to the average person.

Adjusting the 20kHz eq setting, I imagine, will also impact frequencies below.

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #1,864 of 10,527
@ChordElectronics you should have made an ‘official‘ thread for the Mojo2 with more info in the first page, rather than this thread with 100+ pages of speculation.

Actually, there’s a way to fix this. The op could edit his first post by indicating the page number that begins with the actual product release thereby creating a shortcut for users to get to the meat of the matter. If you think that is a good idea, I’m happy to message the op with the suggestion.

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #1,865 of 10,527
Rob Watts has actually responded on the Watts
Adjusting the 20kHz eq setting, I imagine, will also impact frequencies below.
Right, and what I was getting at with my question was "how far below does it reach". Rob Watts has answered it. It's quite a wide Q value of 0.5 and this would affect frequencies as low as 7.5k. Which, in my opinion is the right way to do it with a high peak filter like that.

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #1,866 of 10,527
Yes, it will, same about 20hz. Just look at Mojos manual:

1643871529675.png

It is also worth mention that all those tone controlls sums up.

1643871634671.png

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #1,867 of 10,527
Yes, it will, same about 20hz. Just look at Mojos manual:

1643871529675.png

It is also worth mention that all those tone controlls sums up.

1643871634671.png
How many lines should there be between 3khz and 20khz which lines correspond with which frequencies? How come on one it shows the Lower treble shelf filter affecting frequencies as low as 125hz but in "graph 2" it shows it affecting less of a range.

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #1,869 of 10,527
19x19x19x19 = 130,321 different EQ settings.

Maybe Rob is hoping people will construct little colour charts for headphones and share them:

20Hz125Hz3kHz20kHz

Or maybe that's not such a good idea :beyersmile:

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot about + or -, bad idea...
You are right. I counted 14 possible settings per band because I looked at page 13 of the manual. I didn’t notice that the table continued on page 14, so 19 settings per band is correct.

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #1,870 of 10,527
Exactly. If I bought a Mojo2 I would most likely use it with an iphone or ipad which are no doubt noisy sources, and would likely benefit of some tuning to reduce the digital glare. The new features of the M2 are compelling enough to make it an obvious choice over the six year old original model.
Exactly, i use an ifi iSilencer between the audioquest dragon tail and carbon usb cable, when pluging the filter in or out, the noise reduction ist directly audible with a calmer sound with much more depth.
If the Mojo 2 would have it´s own noise filter, i could use usb-C to usb-C wire without the dongle and the filter.

So did Rob Watts mention something about usb filtering in the mojo 2?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #1,871 of 10,527
Early days but I've added 6db @ 20Hz sub bass boost and 5db shelf at 120Hz with my HD6xx, LCD-X and LCD-MX4. That's it for me, this is a very very very serious DSP and for this feature it worth the upgrade from the Mojo 1 to Mojo 2.

Song Goldwing - Billie Eilish album Happier Than Ever.

Game over.

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #1,872 of 10,527
Initial thoughts after a day:

Sound wise, a cleaner, livelier sound than the original Mojo. I was pleased that a 3D image jumped out at me through all my IEMs (I haven't tried headphones).

I haven't compared it directly with my Hugo 2 yet, but I can say the Mojo 2 sounds musical and 'lovely' - something I wouldn't say about the H2.

My favourite thing about the M2 is the crossfeed, which I also love on the Hugo and H2. For IEMs at least it throws the music on a stage in front - it's fun picking out the position of individual instruments on the 'stage'.

Sadly I've had the same connection problems I had with the original Mojo - Chord DACS just don't play nicely with iPhones for me. It won't work using a CCK and my FIIO lightning dongle worked yesterday but not today. If anyone can tell me a reliable solution I'd be grateful (though I'd rather not buy a Poly).

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #1,873 of 10,527
Initial thoughts after a day:

Sound wise, a cleaner, livelier sound than the original Mojo. I was pleased that a 3D image jumped out at me through all my IEMs (I haven't tried headphones).

I haven't compared it directly with my Hugo 2 yet, but I can say the Mojo 2 sounds musical and 'lovely' - something I wouldn't say about the H2.

My favourite thing about the M2 is the crossfeed, which I also love on the Hugo and H2. For IEMs at least it throws the music on a stage in front - it's fun picking out the position of individual instruments on the 'stage'.

Sadly I've had the same connection problems I had with the original Mojo - Chord DACS just don't play nicely with iPhones for me. It won't work using a CCK and my FIIO lightning dongle worked yesterday but not today. If anyone can tell me a reliable solution I'd be grateful (though I'd rather not buy a Poly).
I would recomend the audioquest dragon tail, in direct comparison it sounds better than the apple cck.
Sadly it´s somehow true what you say about the iphone sound quality, i stopped using it with the mojo, after i compared it to the ipad pro.
The sound is much better, i don´t now why, it has more density and authority at the same volume level.

So the mojo isn´t portable any more, because the ipad is to uge.:wink:

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #1,874 of 10,527
I would recomend the audioquest dragon tail, in direct comparison it sounds better than the apple cck.
Sadly it´s somehow true what you say about the iphone sound quality, i stopped using it with the mojo, after i compared it to the ipad pro.
The sound is much better, i don´t now why, it has more density and authority at the same volume level.

So the mojo isn´t portable any more, because the ipad is to uge.:wink:
The mojo sounds not so good with an IPhone??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back