Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 28, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #1,156 of 10,527
Could someone please explain issues users faced with Poly? What got fixed with firmware update and what is still a pain point?
I had Mojo which I sold back in 2019 and now getting Mojo 2 as soon as I can get my hands on one but still on the fence about Poly and trying to understand the magnitude of these issues and workarounds?
people have **** home networks or use crappy wifi router or insist they want to avoid Apple products at all cost - in other words mostly user errors...

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #1,157 of 10,527
people have **** home networks or use crappy wifi router or insist they want to avoid Apple products at all cost - in other words mostly user errors...
Yeah, I had a Netgear router and my Poly would drop its network connection at least once per day and that was very annoying. But, when I installed a Google Mesh network, I no longer have network problems.

I also had problems getting the music player working. The only one I could get to work is mconnect. Mconnect is okay, but no better than that. A DAP interface would be much better.

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #1,158 of 10,527
The Mojo 2 looks like a great DAC for £449. Assuming that price is correct I think Mojo2 is a far more compelling choice than the Hugo 2 at £1895.

At its price point I can forgive the micro USB charging port, but no way would I accept this on the far more expensive H2.
When I demoed the H2 it had all sorts of pops and crackles due to the dodgy connection due to damaged micro USB input socket (easily bent out of shape).

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #1,159 of 10,527
The Mojo 2 looks like a great DAC for £449. Assuming that price is correct I think Mojo2 is a far more compelling choice than the Hugo 2 at £1895.

At its price point I can forgive the micro USB charging port, but no way would I accept this on the far more expensive H2.
When I demoed the H2 it had all sorts of pops and crackles due to the dodgy connection due to damaged micro USB input socket (easily bent out of shape).
Ahh but Hugo 2 wraps your music with silk sheets and serves it up with the best champagne and Belgian chocolates. Does Mojo 2 do that, is the question I want to see answered. :wink:

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #1,160 of 10,527

You have to see this from Chord's perspective - just buy Poly/2Go and the connection problems are solved. In all honesty, wifi/network protocol is much more robust than USB audio and your Hugo2/Mojo2 will sound better over wifi (airplay) anyway.

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,161 of 10,527
You have to see this from Chord's perspective - just buy Poly/2Go and the connection problems are solved. In all honesty, wifi/network protocol is much more robust than USB audio and your Hugo2/Mojo2 will sound better over wifi (airplay) anyway.
It looks like the problems are already mostly sorted on Mojo2, since the crappy micro usb is only used for charging. The USBC should be quite robust for audio signal.

If I bought one of these it would probably to use as a desktop DAC in a second system. Most of my mobile listening (pre pandemic) is in noisy trains or planes where an ipad with Tidal offline straight into Bose noise cancelling headphones is good enough.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #1,162 of 10,527
I am the customer. Why do I need to look at it from their perspective? I need to survey the alternatives in the market and choose the products that best meet my needs at the prices that work for me. I say this as a Mojo/Poly and Hugo 2/2go owner. I do agree with you that when everything works, the Mojo and Hugo 2 sound great. However, the DAP user experience has won me over. Having an integrated player, DAC, Amp and network device is very nice. I prefer my Hiby RS6 and iBasso DX300 to the Chord Mojo/Poly and if I want Hugo 2/2go sound quality, I can pair them with either the Cayin C9 or Woo Audio WA8. I am sure the Mojo 2 will sound better than the OG, but I don't think it will be enough to change fundamentally my preferred user experience.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #1,163 of 10,527
It looks like the problems are already mostly sorted on Mojo2, since the crappy micro usb is only used for charging. The USBC should be quite robust for audio signal.

If I bought one of these it would probably to use as a desktop DAC in a second system. Most of my mobile listening (pre pandemic) is in noisy trains or planes where an ipad with Tidal offline straight into Bose noise cancelling headphones is good enough.
I am the customer. Why do I need to look at it from their perspective? I need to survey the alternatives in the market and choose the products that best meet my needs at the prices that work for me. I say this as a Mojo/Poly and Hugo 2/2go owner. I do agree with you that when everything works, the Mojo and Hugo 2 sound great. However, the DAP user experience has won me over. Having an integrated player, DAC, Amp and network device is very nice. I prefer my Hiby RS6 and iBasso DX300 to the Chord Mojo/Poly and if I want Hugo 2/2go sound quality, I can pair them with either the Cayin C9 or Woo Audio WA8. I am sure the Mojo 2 will sound better than the OG, but I don't think it will be enough to change fundamentally my preferred user experience.
I forgot to add “/s” to my post… 😌

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #1,164 of 10,527
This thread has really heated up. Just wait until next week when we have the details! For what it is worth... I love my Poly (now, was bleeding edge) as a Roon Endpoint in the house. [2Go for Desktop using Ethernet] I am very interested to see what Mojo 2 brings to the table. And of course... when will it actually be available in the wild (North America).

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #1,165 of 10,527
I prefer my Hiby RS6 and iBasso DX300 to the Chord Mojo/Poly
I can’t tell you how many times frustration with Poly had me nearly ready to purchase an iBasso DX300. How do you feel its sound quality compares to Poly/Mojo?

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #1,166 of 10,527
Get a better a better wifi router/fix your networking issue and use poly with an idevice.

I've never said I had connection issues.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #1,167 of 10,527
I’ve just got in from work. Here’s the summary at the bottom of the HFW review.

Attachments

• C6F241A3-9834-45D1-913A-875F45DA57C3.jpeg
    C6F241A3-9834-45D1-913A-875F45DA57C3.jpeg
    788.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 28, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #1,168 of 10,527
I can’t tell you how many times frustration with Poly had me nearly ready to purchase an iBasso DX300. How do you feel its sound quality compares to Poly/Mojo?
I haven't really done an extensive A/B test between them. But, I love my DX300 with AMP12. It's fast, it has 10 hours of battery life and pairs beautifully with the Cayin C9 to drive full sized headphones.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #1,169 of 10,527
Could someone please explain issues users faced with Poly? What got fixed with firmware update and what is still a pain point?
I had Mojo which I sold back in 2019 and now getting Mojo 2 as soon as I can get my hands on one but still on the fence about Poly and trying to understand the magnitude of these issues and workarounds?

The need for a DLNA app to use your Poly. Never had performance issues, just hated every single minute of it.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #1,170 of 10,527

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back