Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 28, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #1,188 of 10,444
You can, but your dealer might not be happy.
It depends on whether or not there are more than one Chord dealers in Malaysia.

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #1,189 of 10,444
Just for curiosity how big is the combo Mojo+Poly? From the spec sheet and some pictures it looks smaller than a smartphone. Of course is thicker but maybe not as long and larger than a Pixel 4, for example.

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #1,190 of 10,444
Just for curiosity how big is the combo Mojo+Poly? From the spec sheet and some pictures it looks smaller than a smartphone. Of course is thicker but maybe not as long and larger than a Pixel 4, for example.
I am measuring mine now.

L: 5.25 inches
W: 2.625 inches
D: 1 inch

It is smaller than the screen on my iPhone Xs Max and 1 inch thick. it's a nice form factor.

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #1,191 of 10,444
Curious why that review complains about the need for an adapter to use with an iphone. Wouldn’t you just run a lightning to USBC cable?
Apple devices require a specific “Camera Kit” adapter to allow for OTG functionality through the lightning port. The adapter uses a bulky USB-A female to connect to the audio source, so most devices require an additional adapter to go from their USB-C/Micro USB DACs to a male USB-A, which can then connect to the Apple adapter.

That all said, there are some companies that sell usb-c or micro-usb to lightning OTG cables, but they are prone to failure since they do not use the proprietary Apple chip. However, I have had success using the usb-c to lightning OTG cables from Luxury & Precision, Lotoo, and DD HiFi.

If those companies are able to reliably produce and provide Apple cables for their portable devices, it is reasonable to expect Chord to provide something similar as well—especially for a portable product at this price point.

Jan 29, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #1,196 of 10,444
Greetings Butties

May I please kindly ask where to pre-order a chord mojo 2 ?

Whats the retail price ?

Thank You Butties
Nice try Thanos! Really? Did you really think we would point the way to a source of four (4) infinity stones in one go? Stay dead! -Avengers

P.S. - F' you space clown for killing off half of our families and friends when you snapped those chubby fingers of yours. By the way, stay dead!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #1,197 of 10,444
Apple devices require a specific “Camera Kit” adapter to allow for OTG functionality through the lightning port. The adapter uses a bulky USB-A female to connect to the audio source, so most devices require an additional adapter to go from their USB-C/Micro USB DACs to a male USB-A, which can then connect to the Apple adapter.

That all said, there are some companies that sell usb-c or micro-usb to lightning OTG cables, but they are prone to failure since they do not use the proprietary Apple chip. However, I have had success using the usb-c to lightning OTG cables from Luxury & Precision, Lotoo, and DD HiFi.

If those companies are able to reliably produce and provide Apple cables for their portable devices, it is reasonable to expect Chord to provide something similar as well—especially for a portable product at this price point.

That’s a bummer. I had assumed the lightning port works like a USB out.

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #1,200 of 10,444
Here in Europe, the Mojo 2 is Euros 599 ... which puts it head-to-head on price with ifi Gryphon, also at Euros 599. Arguably, and on paper only, the Gryphon has more going for it. So the Mojo 2 really only has SQ to differentiate itself (?) ... it will HAVE to be 'outstanding'. I have delayed purchasing a Gryphon when I heard about the Mojo 2 ... I'm looking forward to hear the user feedback ... and preferably a comparison.

EDIT: The Gryphon comes with an OTG USB-C - Lightning cable. No CCK required.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back