Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 14, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #856 of 10,527
Built in M scaler would be fascinating.
I had the chance to listen to the Hugo TT with the M-scaler and was impressed.
The price tag was more than impressive, allmost 10 000€ with cables.
So a new mojo with M scaler would be a must buy, if it is affordable.
I think you are being insanely optimistic in expecting Mojo2 to contain a MScaler, with the associated heat generation, in a Mojo sized case.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #857 of 10,527
I think you are being insanely optimistic in expecting Mojo2 to contain a MScaler, with the associated heat generation, in a Mojo sized case.
Exactly. I'd think we'd see an m-scaler for the Hugo much before we would the Mojo, if even that's possible in the near future.

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #859 of 10,527
So now it really needs to sound awesome and beat current competitors since it looks... ugly :wink:
If it sounds as good as Mojo with the additions of better battery life, cross-feed and more power/more class A output then it’s a win. Additionally, I would expect more taps and better filters. I am not expecting an mScaler, BT, or other streaming. I think there is a good chance there will be a desktop mode.

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #860 of 10,527
OK... my turn for a crazy pipedream speculation:
Dave level device in a Mojo sized package and Hugo 2 price.

How am I doing? :laughing:

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #862 of 10,527
I think you are totally in the insane speculation mode.
More insane than the speculations of a Mojo with M-scaler built in?? :wink:

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #863 of 10,527
Very interesting! Looks like a tabletop version in that picture. Maybe it is the new Mojo TT with built in M scaler :)
It looks like a Qutest with 4 balls.

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #865 of 10,527
insane speculations can trigger expectations in non-posters who are normally non-posters.
Please consider their mental health. :slight_smile:
I did have the following statement as a preface: "a crazy pipedream speculation"
I do not think ANYONE would take my Mojo 2 speculation seriously... :wink:

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #866 of 10,527
I did have the following statement as a preface: "a crazy pipedream speculation"
I do not think ANYONE would take my Mojo 2 speculation seriously... :wink:
In a Covid world, you cannot be sure that everyone will interpret insane speculations as such. Some head-fiers will interpret them as serious. That is on your conscience.

Jan 14, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #867 of 10,527
1k would be the perfect MSRP. So I'll bet it'll cost as much as a Hugo 2 :triportsad:

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #869 of 10,527
insane speculations can trigger expectations in non-posters who are normally non-posters.
Please consider their mental health. :slight_smile:

My post was an attempt at humour, but don’t forget Moore’s Law! I would not be surprised to see M scaler technology built into a card the size of a micro-SD card within 20 years.

Looking forward to seeing what Chord comes up with in two weeks. It will be disappointing if the 3 month build up was for a mildly tweaked Mojo!

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #870 of 10,527
It's going to be hilarious when chord launch the mojo 2 and it will be exactly the same as the mojo 1 but with USB c charging and a desktop mode.
Not so funny for Chord when they have a bunch of units stacked in a warehouse and the company goes into major debt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back