Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 27, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #1,066 of 10,572
Well, we got USB-C. That's a big one. Also have Desktop mode which is big.

40000 vs 27000 taps for Mojo OG. That's an improvement.

I guess "M" means desktop mode.

This is slightly better than Mojo OG.
I read that to mean "M" would be for menu.

Jan 27, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #1,067 of 10,572
If you want Bluetooth, get an Ifi Gryphon.
Oh, I don't care about bluetooth at all. Just looking at similarities and differences between this spec list and that of Hugo 2.

Jan 27, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,068 of 10,572
From avcat.jp

Uncategorized

Chord Electronics
Mojo2
Black Finish Only
Price: £ 449 (UK)

About 7 years after Chord Electronics created the portable headphone / DAC amplifier "Mojo", the new "Mojo 2" is released.

UHD DSP
・ Advanced DSP allows integrated tone adjustment over all frequency bands
・ UHD DSP technology operates at 705 / 768KHz
・ Uses 104bit and extended internal noise modulation
・ UHD DSP provides bass and medium The entire frequency band can be adjusted in 18 steps for each frequency band of bass, bass, and treble.

-The volume adjustment range has also been improved from + 18dB to -108dB. It has two types of operating ranges, low volume and high volume.
・ It is equipped with a new cross-feed mode with 4 settings controlled by DSP, realizing a space effect for listening like a headphone speaker.

・ Introduced a menu system
Equipped with a mute function, 4-step customization function, travel button lock function, tone control function, etc.

・ Digital input
USB-C input has been newly installed to increase the number to 4 systems, enabling more flexible support.
USB-C, optical, coaxial (including dual data for M scaler), and Micro USB installed.
3.5mm mini jack headphone output There are two systems, and up to two people can listen to music at the same time.

-Charging system
New FPGA-based charging system greatly improves battery management
This technology significantly improves charging speed, reduces power loss by 75%, and enables more efficient charging.
Increased capacity by 9%, improved performance and improved battery life to over 8 hours

-The "Intelligent Desktop Mode" technology has also been improved to support batteryless operation by redesigning the battery isolation and power supply.

・ Improved WTA (Watts Transient Aligned) filter to achieve 40,960 taps (technical indicator of interference filter complexity) using 40 DSP cores.

・ Improved noise modulator improves depth and detail, and improved 4e pulse array DAC reduces distortion and out-of-band noise.
・ Abolishes coupling capacitors to achieve higher neutrality.

・ Mojo 2 is designed and manufactured in the UK. Uses a high-quality aluminum housing with a black finish that has been sandblasted.

Mojo 2 is fully compatible with Poly Streamer / Server, allowing you to store and play up to 2TB of solid libraries when using high resolution streaming and microSD card slots.
Hugo 2 has 49,152 taps. This has 40,000 taps. Very close.

Jan 27, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #1,069 of 10,572
No bluetooth?

People are relasing $100 DAPs with a built in screen and processor and can still afford to put excellent Aptx-hd and aac transmitters in the same device.

Wake up Chord.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #1,070 of 10,572
Jan 27, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #1,072 of 10,572
more taps does not equal better sound...
Tell that to Rob Watts. He's got something like a million taps in his lab currently.

I guess you have not heard the DAVE...

Jan 27, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #1,073 of 10,572
No bluetooth?

People are relasing $100 DAPs with a built in screen and processor and can still afford to put excellent Aptx-hd and aac transmitters in the same device.

Wake up Chord.
And those products sound like crap. If that's your jam, then buy it. I would never listen to the Chord Mojo is bluetooth mode even if it had it.

Jan 27, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #1,076 of 10,572
No bluetooth?

Wake up Chord.
The only one worth out of em would be qudelix 5k and still it doesnt stand a chance against Mojo OG

Jan 27, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #1,080 of 10,572
So is this a good buy knowing what we know so far? I feel like I'll wait for reviews first before pulling the trigger.
I will buy one eventually. I am sure it will sound better than the Mojo OG and I love it. Since I also have the Hugo 2, this product is redundant with what I already own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back