Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 27, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #1,036 of 10,572
You know this for a fact? Have you heard both? Also, where you gonna find a Mojo at a bargain price, they were discontinued and are out of stock virtually everywhere.
In used market I guess. I feel what he meant was Mojo 1 would still sound good no matter how Mojo 2 turns out to be.

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #1,037 of 10,572
I made a further edit. It was more of a "no comment" commentary on how little the design has changed compared to how the Hugo 2 or the Hugo TT evolved. I get the "if it ain't broken..." principle, but still. How superficial of me, since it's all about the sound, right?
for me it's not only about the sound. It has to sound good to my ears but it has to be functional and beautiful to my eyes. The Hugo wasn't either of these.

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,038 of 10,572
for me it's not only about the sound. It has to sound good to my ears but it has to be functional and beautiful to my eyes. The Hugo wasn't either of these.

Goes to show how differently we see things. I love the look of the H2. I like the Mojo too, but I wish the Mojo 2 were different... for variety you know.

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #1,040 of 10,572
You know this for a fact? Have you heard both? Also, where you gonna find a Mojo at a bargain price, they were discontinued and are out of stock virtually everywhere.
Relax my friend. Jesus. All I am saying is the new Mojo does not make the older worse. To my ears the Mojo 1 sounds great. There’s plenty a Mojo on the used market. Check hifishark.com. I did not say it has to be new.

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #1,042 of 10,572
Anyone using Chord Mojo connected to a speaker amp? Also, what was the msrp of the Mojo 1? 500usd? The Mojo 2 at 725usd I believe.
Did it, connected to my R28, which feed a pair of (active) Elac Air-X 407.
The result sounded amazing.

The Mojo has added a bit more grip on the bass, compared to the R2R dac of the R28.
Was a really great listening. :thumbsup:

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #1,044 of 10,572
I thought it might be an input selector since Mojo 2 supposedly has four inputs. Maybe that was too many for default input selection. However I doubt they would use M like meaning mode, for input.

Even something like as folk have said, more taps for desktop use, why use M. Maybe mode would suit that though, as desktop mode - more taps, vs battery mode.

It would be really quite cool to be able to choose how many taps to use.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #1,045 of 10,572
Jan 27, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,047 of 10,572
Just out of interest has there been any confirmation that the Poly will still work on the Mojo 2? They'd have to stick with micro USB wouldn't they? If not would we expect a new Poly 2 also?

Jan 27, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #1,048 of 10,572
Just out of interest has there been any confirmation that the Poly will still work on the Mojo 2? They'd have to stick with micro USB wouldn't they? If not would we expect a new Poly 2 also?
The leaked pictures show they kept microUSB ports (unfortunately) while adding another USB-C port. So yeah, they've kept the Poly compatibility.

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #1,050 of 10,572
The release notes for v3 of the Poly firmware include
– Status LEDs – additional LEDs to represent more detailed statuses including No Detection of DAC and Standby.
– Preparation for further incoming updates – ensuring future-proofing.
I think there was also mention of improved voice feedback about status etc.

All this make me think that the Mojo2 will include additional functionality/capability, and that the status can be communicated via the Poly (LEDS or voice messages).
This would imply that the communication via the usb port will be more bi-directional than was the case with Mojo.
Yes this is speculation on my part, but it would be interesting if it turned out true. :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back