Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 4, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #9,827 of 10,691
I get the idea with the default volume. Shanling has a default volume feature you set so that at power on you are on whatever that level is set. You can do both BT and headphone out separately. That prevents when you grab the device after a couple days or longer and you forgot you had the volume cranked up, you wouldn’t blast your ears. It’s a nice feature for those who mix hard to drive headphones and IEMs.

It is unlikely Chord would adopt this feature though.

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #9,830 of 10,691
Daniel Johnston and Paul Barnard understood very well
I understand just don't agree it's any benefit, it sits there in the same volume all the time, it's o only relevant if you use different headphones at which point there isn't any difference between pushing buttons a few times to change the volume or pushing buttons to your preset, at some point you've got to push buttons.

Feb 5, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #9,831 of 10,691
Can anyone recommend a USB-C cable to use with the Mojo? I tried one I had at home, but it blasted my ears with digital noise, and the connection was unstable with cable movements. Same with all the USB-C cables I have at home. The stock Micro USB works fine, but I like to use a longer cable with my computer.

Feb 5, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #9,832 of 10,691
The volume control is what it is. Take it up with the manufacturer directly or waste energy on the internet where those who have nothing to do with it take the matter and we all go around in circles. Achieving nothing but going around in circles.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #9,833 of 10,691
Can anyone recommend a USB-C cable to use with the Mojo? I tried one I had at home, but it blasted my ears with digital noise, and the connection was unstable with cable movements. Same with all the USB-C cables I have at home. The stock Micro USB works fine, but I like to use a longer cable with my computer.
If you want a "hi-fi audio" cable, try some from DDHifi or AudioQuest. Otherwise, I recommend the Anker Flow cable, it has some advantages I found when pairing with DAC/AMP with my laptop:
  • The connectors are firm, well stable connected.
  • The cable is soft and flexible, so I can route it easily without any effect on the sockets.
  • I do not hear the difference between digital cables, so I only need a flexible and soft cable with good connectors.

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #9,835 of 10,691
If you want a "hi-fi audio" cable, try some from DDHifi or AudioQuest. Otherwise, I recommend the Anker Flow cable, it has some advantages I found when pairing with DAC/AMP with my laptop:
  • The connectors are firm, well stable connected.
  • The cable is soft and flexible, so I can route it easily without any effect on the sockets.
  • I do not hear the difference between digital cables, so I only need a flexible and soft cable with good connectors.
I'm in the same boat. I only need a reliable digital cable as I don't hear differences between them. It is strange because all the cables I tried works fine with all my other devices (Audio Interfaces included) but not with the Mojo. I hope it is not a problem with the Mojo USB-C connector. I will try the one you suggest. Thank you!

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #9,836 of 10,691
USB cables and adapters can be finicky. There's rarely a universally good solution, but if you've exhausted all the generic USB cables you have lying around the house, you may want to try something upmarket (that doesn't necessarily mean more expensive since you can usually find them used or open box for not much more than new generic cables).

At my desktop, I use an AudioQuest Carbon USB-A to USB-C cable (that I bought used). I use it between the Mojo 2 and a USB isolator (which in turn uses a generic USB cable to my PC). I've had zero issues. YMMV.

For mobile, I use a ddHifi lightning-to-USB-C connector between the Mojo 2 and my iPhone. I have to be very precise with the order I connect and power things on, or I will also get sudden massive distortion. I've also burned through tons of these adapter cables by a bunch of companies. So far, this is the one that has proved most reliable. But I don't bend the cable whatsoever. In fact, I don't so much as look at the cable sideways for fear of it dying. It's also a bit pricey (~$60).

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #9,837 of 10,691
I'm in the same boat. I only need a reliable digital cable as I don't hear differences between them. It is strange because all the cables I tried works fine with all my other devices (Audio Interfaces included) but not with the Mojo. I hope it is not a problem with the Mojo USB-C connector. I will try the one you suggest. Thank you.
Have a look at the Fiio cables as well.

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #9,838 of 10,691

Several mentions if Audioquest cables, an Audioquest Cinnamon C to B cable had the loosest fitting C plug of any cable I have ever tried. It would disconnect from the FiiO DAP I was using it with at the slightest movement. Based on that experience I would not recommend one if you are specifically trying to fix a connection issue. I might have got a dud of course but there was nothing else about the cable that made me want to try another one. They seem to be about like any other generic cable but at much higher prices,

I had a couple of short ddhifi C to C cables and both were a crisp firm fit so I bought several more for different applications and they all have a nice firm clicky insertion into all C equipped device I use. They make a number of options at different lengths and prices.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:25 AM Post #9,839 of 10,691
With devices like the Mojo 2 with high volume outputs just get into the habit of checking the volume before plugging anything in and you'll be OK.
It will be ok until one day it happens to you

I understand just don't agree it's any benefit, it sits there in the same volume all the time, it's o only relevant if you use different headphones at which point there isn't any difference between pushing buttons a few times to change the volume or pushing buttons to your preset, at some point you've got to push buttons.
You didn't understand, the function I wanted would have memorized the volume automatically when turning it on without pressing anything, so that when you switch to very efficient earphones you won't find the volume set with the previous headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back