Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 9, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #48 of 10,463
So what would you guys like to see in a chord mojo 2.

I wouldnt mind if it was a little more rectangle shaped and already came with built in music player with a small simple monochrome screen. As for the sound signature I would like it to have it to be a warmer version of the hugo 2.
1 x 3.5mm and 1 x 4.4mm inputs.

LDAC / upgradable Bluetooth.

Native MicroSD playback.

USB-C.

Filter / tuning options.

No RFI buzzing.

Sep 14, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #49 of 10,463
I don't know (or care) about portable segment, but I can say Mojo is an outstanding desktop device.
I would welcome however more output power (4.4mm connector would provide that without requiring any other change), and 768K input as H2. So these two minute changes would expand Mojo capability several fold.
Hmm. Can you explain to me how a different connector by itself makes for a higher output? I am genuinely interested.

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #51 of 10,463
I trust Chord to have the sound quality covered.
What they are weak on is ergonomics/usability.

I'd like to see:
- field replaceable battery
- well sorted USB-C fast charging
- separate volume control for each output
- input signal detect with auto-switch

Bonus:
- latest Bluetooth
- desktop mode

And of course fixes for:
- no heat problems when playing while charging
- no interference from mobile phones

Oct 2, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #52 of 10,463
I trust Chord to have the sound quality covered.
What they are weak on is ergonomics/usability.

I'd like to see:
- field replaceable battery
- well sorted USB-C fast charging
- separate volume control for each output
- input signal detect with auto-switch

Bonus:
- latest Bluetooth
- desktop mode

And of course fixes for:
- no heat problems when playing while charging
- no interference from mobile phones

Thumbs up to all the above! If they offered a finish in brushed aluminium (as well as the usual black option) too I think I’d have my perfect transportable DAC! :)

Oct 2, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #53 of 10,463
1 x 3.5mm and 1 x 4.4mm inputs.

LDAC / upgradable Bluetooth.

Native MicroSD playback.

USB-C.

Filter / tuning options.

No RFI buzzing.

This man absolutely nailed it, hugo3 should be the same as well. Chord goes through such difficulty to bring the noise floor down so low and then rf interference completely destroys it. This is one of the greatest benefits of wireless technology.

Oct 4, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #54 of 10,463
I don't see Chord making a balanced Mojo2. They don't like balanced in principle and even Hugo2 doesn't have it.

I don't see Mojo2 becoming a player either. Unlike hardware, software is hard for a small company.

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #55 of 10,463
I too have been wondering about the price drop and it would be nice to see a revision.
USB C and balanced I would love to see also, maybe chord doesn't like balanced (don't know there stance on this) but industry wise it's a big selling point now and feel if they were or are making a mojo revision then to not go down the balanced road would cost them dearly in today's market....i love mojo truly and it still is a fine dac which easily competes but I pick my daps up for the better layering and stage that balanced on them seems to bring, a revision maybe all that' is needed though to achieve what I feel is missing....still a great dac though.

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #56 of 10,463
I'm thinking the price drop is to compete with the relatively new Dragonfly Cobalt. I was looking to upgrade from DFR, and the lower price Mojo convinced me to go in that direction rather than get the DFC.

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #57 of 10,463
A price drop would be a bad idea. Launch a much better product and increase the price a bit, to keep your premium status.
People will pay if the ownership experience is excellent. I'm guessing Qutest was a bigger sales success than 2qute, despite the price increase.

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #58 of 10,463
Just small incremental improvements to existing Mojo. Another vote for Mojo 2 in silver as well as existing black finish. Existing Poly to function with Mojo 2, with Poly offered in silver to match a Mojo 2 in silver. If anyone from Chord Electronics reads these messages, please keep my recommendation in mind with all the others. Keep up the fine work on your excellent audio products.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #59 of 10,463
I understand the desire for the next iteration to work with the Poly but I would hate to see the Mojo return in the same enormous chassis and with it’s inputs/outputs illogically placed on opposing sides— the i/o design was hardly ideal since portable devices are typically carried in a bag or pocket. I will be quite disappointed if Chord doesn’t opt for USB-C and improve the issues with heat and their charging algorithms. Battery failures in the Mojo were all too common and a user replaceable battery and included charger would be welcome changes.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #60 of 10,463
More Taps (maybe approaching the Hugo2's tap length of 50k.
Better EMI/RFI shielding (to avoid that occasional mobile phone buzz)
Switchable desktop mode (battery and charge bypass)
USB-C
Coaxial input that can take the MScaler's output haha
An easy and elegant way to attach the Mojo2 to your mobile phone (built-in magnetic back, magnetic backed cases, etc...)

I'd like to see Chord develop a DAP... but that's unlikely to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back