Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 7, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #31 of 10,527
So what would you guys like to see in a chord mojo 2.

I wouldnt mind if it was a little more rectangle shaped and already came with built in music player with a small simple monochrome screen. As for the sound signature I would like it to have it to be a warmer version of the hugo 2.

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #32 of 10,527
How about we fix the RFI issues? Thanks.

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #34 of 10,527
I’d like to see an ultra-portable product from Chord, not even necessarily a Mojo 2 (although I’d very much like to see that as well), but a more of a “baby brother” to the Mojo.

-Something without a battery that runs off a USB connection, ultra-low power draw for use with mobile devices.

-Super inky low noise-floor for sensitive IEMs.

Speaking of sensitive IEMs, I wouldn’t mind if the device was designed with them in mind, as in a great DAC paired with a low output amp. I’m so sick of this trend which dictates that every new minuscule device must be capable of powering a cruise ship, at the expense of hissing with IEMs. Who does this even benefit? What kind of jackass goes mobile with some 600 Ohm pair of open backs? If you’re going to haul a two pound planar magnetic with you to Starbucks, man up and get a larger mobile amp. Stop demanding manufacturers ruin every tiny device for us IEM travelers, lol.

But I digress. Anyway...

-Sized similarly to a Dragonfly or Apogee Groove. But skip the obsolete flashdrive design like the Dragonfly (no idea why Audioquest has stuck with that, honestly)... Form factor more like the Groove, but with the usual Chord sculptural qualities.

-A simple, bullet-proof USB-C input. Single 3.5mm output.

-Heavy for it’s size, and with a rubberized base so it stays where you put it.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #35 of 10,527
So what would you guys like to see in a chord mojo 2.

I wouldnt mind if it was a little more rectangle shaped and already came with built in music player with a small simple monochrome screen. As for the sound signature I would like it to have it to be a warmer version of the hugo 2.

A more modern / sharper design would be a welcome change.

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #38 of 10,527
A more modern / sharper design would be a welcome change.

Will be interesting to see how Chord deals with that in light of the Poly. It wouldn't make sense if the new model isn't compatible with Poly, seeing as how much they've invested in it.

Aug 24, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #41 of 10,527
Just get rid of random ear-piercing pops when I’m connected to my phone and not in airplane mode and I’m golden
Might be cable length. A while ago there were issues with iOS not supporting external DACS which was resolved but on one forum I read people saying longer cable lengths eliminated the problem of clicks during sound reproduction. No idea how or why but maybe worth a try.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #43 of 10,527
I would like to see it have a desktop mode like the Hugo2, where if you leave it plugged in to power, it keeps the battery charged at a % that is better for long-term battery health (i.e. not 100%). Or better yet, a mode that can bypass the battery and run entirely on AC power. Admittedly it is meant to be a portable device, but many people use it as a desktop DAC.

Aug 25, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #44 of 10,527
I would like to see it have a desktop mode like the Hugo2, where if you leave it plugged in to power, it keeps the battery charged at a % that is better for long-term battery health (i.e. not 100%). Or better yet, a mode that can bypass the battery and run entirely on AC power. Admittedly it is meant to be a portable device, but many people use it as a desktop DAC.
My Mojo has been permanently connected to mains and to a desktop PC since the day I received it more than 3 years ago. Never used it mobile. No problems with the battery so far.
You need to note that the battery is an important part of the Mojo sound quality. Battery is not as good as supercapacitors (TT2) but is much better (SQ wise) than regular power supplies found on normal desktop dacs. Note that when removing the battery of H2 for TT2, Chord put supercapacitors in its place.
A Mojo TT with supercapacitors would be great, although I think it would be much more expensive than Mojo. But something below 2K would be heaven to desktop users who cannot afford TT2.

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #45 of 10,527
There are a couple of things that need fixing for Mojo 2 and a few things that would be nice to have:

Current issue:
RF noise
Hiss with IEMs
USB C needed for the next gen Mojo
Faster charging

Nice to have:
Less heat but keeping class A output stage
Longer battery life
BT LDAC & aptX HD

Very nice to have:
Built in Poly with uSD card slot
Maybe they could pattern to use the THX AAA tech. It is very power efficient, therefore generating less heat and improving battery life. Then combine that a balanced output and it will be able to drive hungry headphones for quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back