Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 16, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #5,251 of 10,482
I stand corrected. I thought it would be like the first photo, but I know what you mean now as in the second one. Just tested it myself due to curiosity. The digital volume does not affect anything. 😂
That's with your setup using the micro-USB cable from the R3 to the Mojo.
When you use the USB-C to Coax cable, the R3's volume control changes the digital signal going to the Mojo. In that case you need to make sure it's set to 100% on the R3.

Aug 16, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #5,252 of 10,482
When you use the USB-C to Coax cable, the R3's volume control changes the digital signal going to the Mojo. In that case you need to make sure it's set to 100% on the R3.
Achsoo. I get it now 😂. I did not pay attention to it since in my use case it does not matter anyway. I just tested it since someone was asking about this and I was like, lemme try.

Aug 16, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #5,253 of 10,482
Had the Mojo 2 for a few weeks now, tbh I wasn't immediately impressed using it as a DAC only in my chain, but since using it as a portable headphone dac/amp this thing has blown me away, I've been choosing this over my Audeze Deckard desktop amp, that thing has tons of power but I've been enjoying the Mojo 2 more, sounds absolutely sublime, really making me think what the Hugo 2 could do!?

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #5,254 of 10,482
Had the Mojo 2 for a few weeks now, tbh I wasn't immediately impressed using it a DAC only in my chain, but since using it as a portable headphone dac/amp this thing has blown me away, I've been choosing this over my Audeze Deckard desktop amp, that thing has tons of power but been enjoying the Mojo 2 more, sounds absolutely sublime, really making me think what the Hugo 2 could do!?
Mojo 2 is my first buy for a Hi-Fi setup above 500 Euro, I was sceptical at first about the interface etc but now I can‘t wait to listen to the next song with my current Senn. IE300. It really is special.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #5,255 of 10,482
Mojo 2 is my first buy for Hi-Fi setup above 500 Euro, I was about skeptical at first about the interface etc but now I can‘t wait to listen to the next song with my current Senn. IE300. It really is special.
I think that is the biggest praise you can give to any piece of audio equipment!
What I found special about the Mojo, and later the Hugo 2, was that it's not just a "new toy syndrome" but a lasting effect.

Had the Mojo 2 for a few weeks now, tbh I wasn't immediately impressed using it a DAC only in my chain, but since using it as a portable headphone dac/amp this thing has blown me away, I've been choosing this over my Audeze Deckard desktop amp, that thing has tons of power but been enjoying the Mojo 2 more, sounds absolutely sublime, really making me think what the Hugo 2 could do!?
Hugo 2 adds clarity, detail, separation, dynamics, imaging focus, better definition most apparent in bass. Bass extension is also better. Music sounds more alive. Trailing edges of notes have additional information that's not available on the Mojo 2.
Mojo 2 sounds a bit like the music is played in a well damped room, with good leading edge definition of notes and "straight" decay. Hugo 2 is like playing in a real venue, with the room reflections audible, a somewhat faster, lighter and airier feel. You can hear the notes being reflected of the walls, and there's a more lively reverb.
Considering the current prices for used Hugo 2 it's really good value IMO if you have the appropriate drivers to deliver the SQ Hugo 2 is capable of.

BTW - really interesting tracks recommended by Rob Watts here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/watts-up.800264/post-17097843

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #5,256 of 10,482
Thank you, George. :)

Guess someone has to audition the Mojo 2 besides the Hugo 2. :ksc75smile:
The DSP on the Mojo 2 is very tempting, though.

Aug 16, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #5,257 of 10,482
Mojo 2 is my first buy for Hi-Fi setup above 500 Euro, I was about skeptical at first about the interface etc but now I can‘t wait to listen to the next song with my current Senn. IE300. It really is special.
The Mojo 2 is one the less expensive things I've purchased this year, but it is a dream device. I love every moment with it. I had done a lot of research and really did not know what to expect, but the Mojo 2 was fantastic from day one. To imagine all of that is inside that cute little box (I love the industrial design).

Aug 16, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #5,258 of 10,482

I am doing that all the time! :ksc75smile:
Hugo2Go at home and Mojo2Poly at the office, on the go and sometimes also at home, comparing to the H2Go.
I thought I would sell the H2Go after getting the Mojo 2, but no way.

Aug 16, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #5,259 of 10,482

I have no interest in upgrading to the Hugo 2, as when I auditioned it with my headphones I heard differences and some improvements - much larger soundstage,
higher resolution, better dynamics - but in the setup used the sound for me was overall not an improvement musically over Mojo 1, now with Mojo 2 I have the upgrade I wanted for a relatively reasonable outlay and oh so portable (I love light, portable gear that performs amazingly).
The Hugo 2 is great, not knocking it but at this point if you have Mojo 2 and are satisfied with it I would
consider waiting for Hugo 3 to come out (who knows when that will be? It's a guessing game), at that point a used Hugo 2 will hopefully
be much less and perhaps Hugo 3 will have the DSP eq (Mojo 2 has the same crossfeed DSP as Hugo 2).

If you're interested and have the ability to do so at a nearby store for example I do recommend listening to the Hugo 2 for yourself as we all perceive differently.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #5,260 of 10,482
I have no interest in upgrading to the Hugo 2, as when I auditioned it with my headphones I heard differences and some improvements - much larger soundstage,
higher resolution, better dynamics - but in the setup used the sound for me was overall not an improvement musically over Mojo 1, now with Mojo 2 I have the upgrade I wanted for a relatively reasonable outlay and oh so portable (I love light, portable gear that performs amazingly).
The Hugo 2 is great, not knocking it but at this point if you have Mojo 2 and are satisfied with it I would
consider waiting for Hugo 3 to come out (who knows when that will be? It's a guessing game), at that point a used Hugo 2 will hopefully
be much less and perhaps Hugo 3 will have the DSP eq (Mojo 2 has the same crossfeed DSP as Hugo 2).

If you're interested and have the ability to do so at a nearby store for example I do recommend listening to the Hugo 2 for yourself as we all perceive differently.
I'll for sure.
Atm, the Mojo 2 is more appealing to me couz of the size and DSP. (Coming from Mojo OG)

But let's see what Hugo 2 can 2 4 me. :sweat_smile:

Aug 17, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #5,261 of 10,482
When you use the USB-C to Coax cable, the R3's volume control changes the digital signal going to the Mojo. In that case you need to make sure it's set to 100% on the R3
Regarding this, I can control the volume on my phone connected to Mojo2, I am quite surprised. Could you explain why is it different in case of Hiby R3?

Aug 17, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #5,262 of 10,482
I found an interesting thing about Mojo2 on my android phone and iPod, both with Apple Music. On my iPod the lossless audio shows red led which is 44 kHz however on my android phone it shows blue led which is 192 kHz. Does anyone know anything about this?

Aug 17, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #5,263 of 10,482
I found an interesting thing about Mojo2 on my android phone and iPod, both with Apple Music. On my iPod the lossless audio shows red led which is 44 kHz however on my android phone it shows blue led which is 192 kHz. Does anyone know anything about this?
if AM is set to HiRes Lossless on the iPod - assuming latest version of IOS - then it also should be outputting the correct resolution:

How to turn lossless on or off​

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Tap Audio Quality.
  3. Tap Lossless Audio to turn it on or off. From here, you can choose the audio quality for streaming and downloading audio.
    • Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/48 kHz
    • Hi-Res Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz

Aug 17, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #5,264 of 10,482
if AM is set to HiRes Lossless on the iPod - assuming latest version of IOS - then it also should be outputting the correct resolution:

How to turn lossless on or off​

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Tap Audio Quality.
  3. Tap Lossless Audio to turn it on or off. From here, you can choose the audio quality for streaming and downloading audio.
    • Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/48 kHz
    • Hi-Res Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz
I already set this up prior. That was why I was confused 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back