Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 21, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #5,281 of 10,700
My god, the SQ available nowadays in a small, portable system is simply amazing!!
On a bus with Mojo2Poly, Sony IER-M9 with CEMA PS cable and EP-NI1000 tips, listening to the CD „Vox Cosmica“ by Hirundo Maris on Qobuz…. Heaven….
F8707C7F-7597-46B6-9BD1-B8F409FD86EE.jpeg
What kind of case is that? Looks really good. I got the mitter one.

Aug 21, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #5,283 of 10,700
I'd STILL love to buy one of these cases in the US...:angel:
I have a friend in the US with a printer, I will check if he could help out and PM you!

Aug 21, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #5,284 of 10,700
Just received my Mojo 2 after a three month wait.

Have it hooked up to my Samsung mobile via USB micro, and driving my HifiMan Arya V2. Astonishing volume levels achievable. Way way more than I'd need and I love the to tonality and presentation of this pairing. Listening through Qbuz

My only concern is that i hear crackles here and there in certain songs. I don't think it's the recordings as I hear them in different parts of the songs when I re-listen. It probably happens 2-4 times per track (when it happens)

Anyone else had this experience?

Could it be interference from my mobile? I am using a short usb cable and browsing/typing while listening.

Aug 21, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #5,285 of 10,700
Just received my Mojo 2 after a three month wait.

Have it hooked up to my Samsung mobile via USB micro, and driving my HifiMan Arya V2. Astonishing volume levels achievable. Way way more than I'd need and I love the to tonality and presentation of this pairing. Listening through Qbuz

My only concern is that i hear crackles here and there in certain songs. I don't think it's the recordings as I hear them in different parts of the songs when I re-listen. It probably happens 2-4 times per track (when it happens)

Anyone else had this experience?

Could it be interference from my mobile? I am using a short usb cable and browsing/typing while listening.
It could be that you are not outputing bit perfect.
If you are an avid Qubuz user, get USB audio player pro, from Google play.
it is cheap enough, it is a good player, has Qubuz support and equaliser .
Above all it figures itself out to output correctly to your Mojo2 .

Aug 21, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #5,286 of 10,700
Thanks for the tip. I have USB audio player pro but never used it before. I'll give it a go.

Aug 21, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #5,287 of 10,700
Wow!

Just tried it. The sound is pristine!

Thank you!

Aug 22, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #5,288 of 10,700
Just buy the Apple AirPods Max, trust me.

My Apple AirPods Max sounds better than the AFC 2 Noire + 2Go + Hugo 2 when bluetooth is used.

I don’t know how you can screw up bluetooth this bad, but Chord managed to do it.

I believe there have been a few firmware updates since then, but I highly doubt Chord fixed the bluetooth sound quality.

Similar findings here as well

Aug 22, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #5,289 of 10,700
Hmmm… Have been mulling over picking up an M2 (despite my shock at the imo awful, slap-dash final exterior design, which I noted in this thread back when the unit dropped) but the recent discussion here is giving me pause.

The M2 is a device that is still a bit hard to get, despite some large stock fulfillment in the last couple of days at a few places. Meaning that historically, at this point on HeadFi, this thread should be a lovefest of delirious, orgyastic heights right about now… but it appears to be a bit muted, honestly. And on that other headphone site, the M2 discussion is positively lukewarm.

Maybe I’m being cautious with my $775, but that money, while not dizzying, is a bit more than the <$500 “take the gamble and maybe flip it” investment I usually regard as safe in this hobby. I dunno. Maybe it’s a nose thing... I can’t help smelling that perhaps something is off. At this point in the M1’s release, these forums were hot and steamy with the Mojo lust… it could do no wrong (this was before the battery stuff, obviously). Things seem comparatively room-temp for the M2 at the same juncture.

I mean, people obviously like it, but most people like anything new and shiny they’ve just dropped close to a grand on. The amount of small complaints, fixes, etc troubles me a bit.

Does anybody know what I mean? How after a while on this forum, you kind of develop a “product thread sixth-sense”, and can begin to tell the stuff that is legit fantastic, and will have staying power as a favorite… and the stuff that gets love at first, until the shininess wears off and people start writing what they really feel in a year of so? I can’t tell if my spidey-sense is tingling here or not.

Anyway, maybe I’m rambling. Maybe nobody knows what I’m talking about. I sometimes don’t myself, ha ha. Half of me really wants to take the gamble and pick the M2 up. The other half wants to wait a year or so and see what the final consensus is. Again, based on the not-exactly-lukewarm-but-not-exactly-rabid response here (and a bit worse other places), I could see the Mojo 2 being looked at in wildly different ways in 12-24 months… From a legit improvement on the M1, to an HD660-esque “side-grade”, to worse.

Decisions… to do it or not… hmmmm…

I know what you mean and I feel Mojo 2 won't take off like 1 did, it was chords first affordable dac. people were lusting for a Hugo but couldn't afford it and then along came Mojo with glowing reviews that its very close to the technical performance of Hugo but more musical. I remember watching the thread back in 2015/16? blow up, same thing didn't happen here.

I think people are just already really happy with mojo 1 or have moved on to other things outside of chord. Chifi has took over headfi in the past few years, ultra cheap iems, dongles and dac amps are ruling this place so the once affordable chord dac now looks overpriced compared to what's out there.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #5,290 of 10,700
I am coming to the conclusion I might have reached my real-world end-game for my main hifi by spending under £400. I traded in my M1 for an M2 and bought a WiiM Mini, with the M2 connected to my existing 1980s Mission amp and speakers. Not exactly a high-end setup but the AmazonMusicHD-Wiim-M2 front end has transformed almost every aspect of the sound. Most of the albums I listen to from the last 50 or 60 years are either 24/96 or 24/192 through AMHD and the recent WiiM firmware update has added the option of bit-perfect casting from the native Amazon app to the existing bit-perfect Sonos-like WiiM streaming app. Even the optical cable bundled with the Wiim works at 24/192 reliably.
I know I could spend (much) more on an even better sounding system but as I seem to now be listening to new versions of every album, I feel I have got to that part of the ROC curve which is the optimum balance between SQ and cost.
Count me satisfied.

You don't need to spend crazy money to enjoy good sounding music.

Aug 23, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #5,291 of 10,700
any one using Hiby R3 Pro Saber, USB C to 3.5 coax ....?
I just realized when using usb c to c/micro = volume is fixed, while usbc to 3.5 coax, R3 volume is still working.
I posted some pages back that when using
Usb C to Coax from R3 the volume was still adjustable, now all of sudden it is becoming Fix / locked 😆😆 see picture.

All sound normal tho

Attachments

• IMG_20220823_222652.jpg
    IMG_20220823_222652.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Aug 23, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #5,292 of 10,700
I posted some pages back that when using
Usb C to Coax from R3 the volume was still adjustable, now all of sudden it is becoming Fix / locked 😆😆 see picture.

All sound normal tho
This is interesting. I have never tried USB c to coax tho. I guess it is normal?

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #5,293 of 10,700
My god, the SQ available nowadays in a small, portable system is simply amazing!!
On a bus with Mojo2Poly, Sony IER-M9 with CEMA PS cable and EP-NI1000 tips, listening to the CD „Vox Cosmica“ by Hirundo Maris on Qobuz…. Heaven….
F8707C7F-7597-46B6-9BD1-B8F409FD86EE.jpeg
How does the on-the-go streaming work in practice - do you connect Poly to your phone's hotspot to give it an internet connection? or use a public wifi? I doubt it has the ability to have it's own connection hence the question.

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #5,294 of 10,700
How does the on-the-go streaming work in practice - do you connect Poly to your phone's hotspot to give it an internet connection? or use a public wifi? I doubt it has the ability to have it's own connection hence the question.

Poly becomes a WiFi Server.

You'd then on your phone, login to the Poly WiFi 2.4G network (does not work for WiFi 5G)

Just look up some Utube videos that show how it works.

Do not own a Poly but that's what I think how it works, you have to shut Poly down and boot it up as a WiFi server.

Just my .02 cents.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #5,295 of 10,700
You can either do as you say, connect it to your phone's mobile hotspot or it can have it's own hotspot and you can connect the phone to it via wifi (it will connect as you would to a router, though have no internet obviously). On iPhone, the phone can maintain cell tower internet either way, but on Android, you won't have internet if you connect to the Poly's hotspot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back