Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 1, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #4,111 of 10,534
I had tried the Go Blue but it sounds worse than anything I've heard with so far. Even my Mi11 Smartphone sounds better there. You have also to consider the Mojo 2 twice the price of the RU6 so im not sure to spend the money. Also thought if it worth to go with the original Mojo. But maybe the RU6 wins here
I never use without EQ so it's hard for me to say if Mojo 2 that much better than RU6 but I can say that RU6 is definitely more musical than Mojo 2.

I used Go Blu with xBass on so, you may be right.

May 1, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #4,112 of 10,534
I find the Go Blue far too expensive if you limit it to audio quality alone. It goes without saying that it offers these options to conceal the sound. But then I'd rather get a Fiio or even cheaper equivalent and have 90% the same sound quality for half the price. Unfortunately, the sound is so bad for me personally that I'd rather do without something like that until you don't have to make such cuts in the sound quality anymore

May 1, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #4,113 of 10,534
Sure - the USB decoder noise is a big issue. That's why with Mojo 2 the USB decoder has it's own regulation and RF filters - and these work effectively, as you can get optical and USB to sound identical under the right circumstances.
I don't own Mojo 2 yet, only do pre shopping evaluation, but isn't there reported and known issue with USB "white noise", to the point of some suggesting getting USB/SPDIF converter to bypass USB altogether?

https://www.head-fi.org/search/9252579/?q=white+noise&t=post&c[thread]=885405&o=date

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #4,114 of 10,534
I meant no offense, as I only asked because you are tagged "Member of the trade: Chord Electronics" and I have no idea of the inner workings of your company. If you could point me in the direction of who to ask about this, I would appreciate it.
An easy mistake to make.
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/our-team
Rob is an independent consultant.
I presume John, Matt and Colin ultimately decide the wholesale price they sell to the national distributors, who then decide the price they charge the final dealers.

May 1, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #4,115 of 10,534
An easy mistake to make.
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/our-team
Rob is an independent consultant.
I presume John, Matt and Colin ultimately decide the wholesale price they sell to the national distributors, who then decide the price they charge the final dealers.
@MoonAudio @HeadAmpTeam @Audio46 as US vendors and Head-Fi sponsors, can you give any insight as to the price increase?

***Edit*** I just called Audio46 to ask about this, and was told that the price increase came directly from Chord UK, not the US distributor. The lack of communication from Chord regarding this is disappointing.

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #4,116 of 10,534
@MoonAudio @HeadAmpTeam @Audio46 as US vendors and Head-Fi sponsors, can you give any insight as to the price increase?

***Edit*** I just called Audio46 to ask about this, and was told that the price increase came directly from Chord UK, not the US distributor. The lack of communication from Chord regarding this is disappointing.
In this case I'm lucky when I bought mine I bought it through someone from UK. UK price is much lower than US/Canada.

May 1, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #4,118 of 10,534
Mojo 2 in the house (and yard, and street, and gym) for a month now and it sounds brilliant, being used with LCDi4. The crossfeed is a wonderful tool for classical recordings and some jazz, but for some reason, I prefer most rock and pop without it on. The EQ hasn't had a lot of use as I enjoy the i4 as they come when driven well. However, what I did try with EQ seemed subtle and effective. The M2 is resolving enough to easily tell the difference between sources, but I've only tried USB sources thus far. I'll try optical today and see what improvement there is if any.
It's a terrific product. Not perfect, but terrific regardless.

May 2, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #4,119 of 10,534
We have extensive inflation in the UK and the European region currently, with energy and fuel prices being a big driver. This has a proportionally greater impact on the cost of transport, which is a key cost of export. I wonder how the cost of the US sourced Xilinx processors has changed recently?

Many UK Hi Fi manufacturers increased their prices in the UK market by around 10% earlier this year and inflation has accelerated since then.

Generally, products from the US, if we can get them here, are much more expensive in the UK. It's the nature of business. To be fair to Chord, their products are assembled in the UK, unlike some of their UK competitors, so in the current local economic conditions, cost and price will be going up more than for someone who manufactures in China.

May 2, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #4,120 of 10,534
We have extensive inflation in the UK and the European region currently, with energy and fuel prices being a big driver. This has a proportionally greater impact on the cost of transport, which is a key cost of export. I wonder how the cost of the US sourced Xilinx processors has changed recently?

Many UK Hi Fi manufacturers increased their prices in the UK market by around 10% earlier this year and inflation has accelerated since then.

Generally, products from the US, if we can get them here, are much more expensive in the UK. It's the nature of business. To be fair to Chord, their products are assembled in the UK, unlike some of their UK competitors, so in the current local economic conditions, cost and price will be going up more than for someone who manufactures in China.
In addition to the inflation, Xilinx FPGAs are in short supply. I have no way of knowing how it affects CHORD, but I know for a fact that the Xilinx FPGA our company is using is sold by brokers for nearly 100x the list price. I don't want to say more, but you can guess how I know about it.

May 2, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #4,121 of 10,534
iPhone magsafe wallet case + some pedalboard velcro + Fiio LT T1 cable makes a great combo with the Mojo 2

Attachments

• 633CDF4A-8782-411F-976E-BCD66D8CD1ED.jpeg
    633CDF4A-8782-411F-976E-BCD66D8CD1ED.jpeg
    571.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 537BC533-6F64-4063-AF89-3187BDC6B532.jpeg
    537BC533-6F64-4063-AF89-3187BDC6B532.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 31288353-AECC-44B0-9ED1-C9515672DF46.jpeg
    31288353-AECC-44B0-9ED1-C9515672DF46.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 16D097F4-0F83-433E-A485-7ADBFB5B526D.jpeg
    16D097F4-0F83-433E-A485-7ADBFB5B526D.jpeg
    711.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FDD3A375-3AF0-48EE-8033-0BC77A9CD0FD.jpeg
    FDD3A375-3AF0-48EE-8033-0BC77A9CD0FD.jpeg
    577.4 KB · Views: 0
May 2, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #4,122 of 10,534
Information for potential buyers in the EU:
A shipment of Mojo 2 to my dealer has been rejected by customs and sent back to Chord for additional identification and labelling.
I suspect that this is due to new customs rules:
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/new-customs-rules-for-trade-with-the-eu/
It seems as if products now require a proof or origin to qualify for zero tariff.
Hopefully this will be resolved quickly - I was expecting my Mojo 2 this week...

May 2, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #4,123 of 10,534
Information for potential buyers in the EU:
A shipment of Mojo 2 to my dealer has been rejected by customs and sent back to Chord for additional identification and labelling.
I suspect that this is due to new customs rules:
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/new-customs-rules-for-trade-with-the-eu/
It seems as if products now require a proof or origin to qualify for zero tariff.
Hopefully this will be resolved quickly - I was expecting my Mojo 2 this week...
Sorry, man..

May 2, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #4,124 of 10,534
Sorry, man..
I was in Germany a month ago and thinking of picking up a Mojo2. I found a store in Munich that had Mojo2 in stock. I got there the next day and they were sold out…. The store owner told me that there is a new Chord distributor in Germany who seem to know little about the market. The distributor vastly under ordered the Mojo2. The store had tried to place an initial order with the distributor for more units than the distributor had ordered for all of Germany!!
A couple of weeks later I did pick one up at my local Gifu store in the U.K.

May 2, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #4,125 of 10,534
I was in Germany a month ago and thinking of picking up a Mojo2. I found a store in Munich that had Mojo2 in stock. I got there the next day and they were sold out…. The store owner told me that there is a new Chord distributor in Germany who seem to know little about the market. The distributor vastly under ordered the Mojo2. The store had tried to place an initial order with the distributor for more units than the distributor had ordered for all of Germany!!
A couple of weeks later I did pick one up at my local Gifu store in the U.K.
LOL I mean......... considering the price I'd understand, who knew something that cost $700-800 would be so popular and sold out instantly.

I told my non-audiophile relative about he price, and they were in awe that what's so different about it that's better than their $10 Apple dongle.

Also it's not something like "oh maybe I should pick up some Tuna for dinner tonight" and "oh maybe I should pick a Mojo 2 for my music session tonight" LOL. Not something people pick up on impulse buy.

I hope you guys find one though, my friend last told me last he check (probably before the price hike) Mojo 2 were £450 GBP in UK ($562 USD). So if guys were able to find it close to that price that would be great.

Just throwing it out there, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back