Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 1, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #4,096 of 10,477
Daughter was visiting and listening to millennial music on her phone. Great prog came on the mojo. She unplugged phone and plugged into second mojo jack. We both rocked out. Try that with the phone.

May 1, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #4,097 of 10,477
Daughter was visiting and listening to millennial music on her phone. Great prog came on the mojo. She unplugged phone and plugged into second mojo jack. We both rocked out. Try that with the phone.

71zLhAg-rSL._AC_UY436_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

May 1, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #4,098 of 10,477
This used to happen with me a long time ago in 90s and in early 2000s especially when traveling. These days no one is interested in what you are listening to or they don't like to listen to the same music or at that time. They are mostly into their mobile phones.

I am mostly treated like a crazy person with all the gear I am using:smile:

May 1, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #4,099 of 10,477
Reason was both battery life (which you answered) and I assume the USB interface consuming quite a bit more power means more noise generated internally?

Other than the zero source/mains RF of optical, is that another advantage of optical?

Much lower power consumption and thus much lower noise generated internally?

Sure - the USB decoder noise is a big issue. That's why with Mojo 2 the USB decoder has it's own regulation and RF filters - and these work effectively, as you can get optical and USB to sound identical under the right circumstances.

@Rob Watts when did the price increase from $725 to $845?

Screenshot 2022-04-29 223543.png

Why are you asking me? I am completely independent of Chord and the USA distributor. Moreover, I have zero control over GBP/USD exchange rates.

two inserts a day, that makes it 7 years or so for jacks according to your link. You think they were thinking 14 years ahead for our benefit??
Mind boggles :scream:

Absolutely I do. I want my designs to last decades after I have shuffled off this mortal coil.

My Mojo OG took a spill a few years ago. One the 3.5 jacks took the brunt of it, making it unusable. The second jack sure came in handy then!! Not sure why the griping about a second jack. Only a couple of bucks to implement.

It actually was a significant cause of failure - people dropping Mojo with their headphone attached.

I am absolutely sure that if we had dropped the 2 connectors on Mojo 2, the trolling on this thread would have been relentless.

2 sockets are for better reliability and for your spouse or friend to enjoy the music too. And before anybody posts yet again ad nauseam about adaptors, nobody will carry them in your pocket just on the off chance of letting a mate enjoy music with you.

May 1, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #4,100 of 10,477
I am absolutely sure that if we had dropped the 2 connectors on Mojo 2, the trolling on this thread would have been relentless.
You only will have better knowledge if majority of your buyers prefer two 3.5mm ports. It's just a feedback.

I bought the device and that's the only thing I feel negative about it.

Are you saying that we shouldn't provide feedback?

May 1, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #4,101 of 10,477
Sure - the USB decoder noise is a big issue. That's why with Mojo 2 the USB decoder has it's own regulation and RF filters - and these work effectively, as you can get optical and USB to sound identical under the right circumstances.

With something like M-Scaler with Mojo2, is part of the big improvement in SQ (other than more taps) reducing FPGA noise generated by WTA1 inside Mojo?

Effectively you are moving that DSP 'work' for WTA1 out of Mojo2 and away from analogue section of Mojo2?

May 1, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #4,102 of 10,477
Sure - the USB .........
Absolutely I do. I want my designs to last decades after I have shuffled off this mortal coil.
You either forgot the smiley face on that reply, or Chord is gonna have a go at you (products that last that long?).
Fear not, your designs are going to last for many years, revolutionary and controversial !
So if scholars don't keep them going, a lot of ASR wanna-be scientists would.
Second earphones port, is way down that list.

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #4,104 of 10,477
Why are you asking me? I am completely independent of Chord and the USA distributor. Moreover, I have zero control over GBP/USD exchange rates.
I meant no offense, as I only asked because you are tagged "Member of the trade: Chord Electronics" and I have no idea of the inner workings of your company. If you could point me in the direction of who to ask about this, I would appreciate it.

May 1, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #4,106 of 10,477
I'm sure Mr. Watts has nothing to do with these decisions, but I don't believe they are dependent (or at least not entirely) on the exchange rate of the pound and dollar. At launch, IIRC the Mojo 2's US price ($725) was significantly more than its UK price (£449, I believe) after figuring the exchange rate (TBH, I have not researched the current UK price). Strangely enough, Mojo 2's arguably arch competitor the iFi Gryphon (£599) was more expensive than the Mojo 2 in the UK but cheaper in the US (since it was also 599 in US dollars). I've been debating between these two devices and was already leaning to the Gryphon; this price hike pretty much clinches it if the prices remain relatively the same. (I'm retired on a fixed income so have to space out my purchases. I'm planning on a good IEM this month (probably the Thieaudio Monarch MK II) and the Chord or iFi to drive it sometime in the summer. Until then I'll have to rough it (/sarcasm) with the Cayin RU6.)

May 1, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #4,107 of 10,477
Chould someone compare the Chrod Mojo 2 against the Cayin RU6?
I had RU6 for a week before getting Mojo 2, it's from the memory so please take it with a grain of salt.

They are two different devices aimed at different users.

RU6 sounds good with R2R DAC flavor (organic and analog). It's so smooth you will feel like the treble is recessed but actually it's not. It has enough bass punch but details are definitely not on par with other dongles like iFi Go Blu.
Mojo 2 is neutral sounding and clear upgrade over RU6 with better details and technicalities. You will feel like Mojo 2 may not sound good with bad recording but surprisingly it never sounds harsh.
RU6 has good power for IEMs but Mojo 2 can drive even the demanding headphones which is great for it's size.

When you take the UHD DSP into consideration, there is no contest. NOS/OS on RU6 is no match for UHD DSP.

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #4,108 of 10,477
I had RU6 for a week before getting Mojo 2, it's from the memory so please take it with a grain of salt.

They are two different devices aimed at different users.

RU6 sounds good with R2R DAC flavor (organic and analog). It's so smooth you will feel like the treble is recessed but actually it's not. It has enough bass punch but details are definitely not on par with other dongles like iFi Go Blu.
Mojo 2 is neutral sounding and clear upgrade over RU6 with better details and technicalities. You will feel like Mojo 2 may not sound good with bad recording but surprisingly it never sounds harsh.
RU6 has good power for IEMs but Mojo 2 can drive even the demanding headphones which is great for it's size.

When you take the UHD DSP into consideration, there is no contest. NOS/OS on RU6 is no match for UHD DSP.

I found the RU6 really organic and realism and im bit bored about all the clean Sounding Dac Amps. Maybe there are better in Details but it sounds so dry and lifeless

May 1, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #4,110 of 10,477
I had tried the Go Blue but it sounds worse than anything I've heard with so far. Even my Mi11 Smartphone sounds better there. You have also to consider the Mojo 2 twice the price of the RU6 so im not sure to spend the money. Also thought if it worth to go with the original Mojo. But maybe the RU6 wins here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back