Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #3,571 of 11,001
The documentation is not very clear, but as far as I understand, it charges to full, and then runs with USB power. Notice that the power port is different from the data port, so you need two cables.

Batteries degrade if they are kept at max charge for long periods of time, but apparently Mojo 2 doesn't charge the battery to max. For long term storage lithium batteries should be stored somewhere between 60% and 80%. Mojo 2 intelligent desktop mode doesn't seem to be ideal for the battery but in theory the battery should remain somewhat healthy.
Yeah I read the manual too but it doesn't explain much. I really wish they could've just released a desktop Mojo without the battery.

While I'm waiting for my Mojo 2 to arrive. Considering desktop usage, is there anything in the similar price range that has similar sound? Or Mojo 2 is pretty much my best bet at the moment? Thanks!

EDIT: LOL 1 or 2 pages back I learned that Mojo = Mobile Joy, never knew that. Couldn't they just release a Dojo (Desktop Joy) or Sojo (Stationary Joy).

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #3,572 of 11,001
Yeah I read the manual too but it doesn't explain much. I really wish they could've just released a desktop Mojo without the battery.

While I'm waiting for my Mojo 2 to arrive. Considering desktop usage, is there anything in the similar price range that has similar sound? Or Mojo 2 is pretty much my best bet at the moment? Thanks!

EDIT: LOL 1 or 2 pages back I learned that Mojo = Mobile Joy, never knew that. Couldn't they just release a Dojo (Desktop Joy) or Sojo (Stationary Joy).
1649190353345.png

I'll take a Dojo!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #3,574 of 11,001
Actually I don't think so.
C type has 24 pins in a small space, so they are smaller ,so can break easier.
Micro usb has 5 pins, so it is bigger pins.
But micro usb is one sided, it means a granny trying to force one in the wrong way, may break it more easily.😊 (reason why I use a right angle jack)
Type C is not, so if you have 90 degree jacks, can go either way.
The type C is a little larger surface area than the Micro USB. If I wiggle both when they are seated to me the type C feels a little bit more secure.

Apr 5, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #3,575 of 11,001
Help! My mojo2 is sending out random loud blasts of white noise. Its so loud it even scared my dog. I have Apple Music playing on my 2018, 15" Macd book Pro. Its connected by USB C to USB C 3ft cable to the Mojo. I am afraid of putting on the Grado GS3000e headphones on for fear its going to blast my eardrums again. The blast is startling you have to turn the music off for it to stop. This is rediculous and unacceptable. It has now happened to me 3 times in the last 15 hours.

Update: I am now using it on my iPhone and no problems. There must be an issue with the cables.
Did you ever resolve this besides using your iphone, find a good cable? it happens when I plug my usb a cable into a usb c adapter into my m1 pro, so loud can probably give you hearing loss and probably break headphone drivers, I'm still using my 2012 macbook with usb a because I'm honestly scared of it ruining the only headphones I like and my hearing too.

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #3,578 of 11,001
The documentation is not very clear, but as far as I understand, it charges to full, and then runs with USB power. Notice that the power port is different from the data port, so you need two cables.

Batteries degrade if they are kept at max charge for long periods of time, but apparently Mojo 2 doesn't charge the battery to max. For long term storage lithium batteries should be stored somewhere between 60% and 80%. Mojo 2 intelligent desktop mode doesn't seem to be ideal for the battery but in theory the battery should remain somewhat healthy.
It's cold as ice when the light is purple and mojo is off, so I think the battery is not being affected at all, mine just stays in that state now overnight as well when I'm not using it, because if you take it off mains for a second it takes like 20-30 mins even at max charger to go from blue to intelligent charge again, it's an annoyance, bad memories of mojo 1.

Apr 5, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #3,579 of 11,001
Quick question about EQ with Mojo 2. Lets say I alter EQ and have the Mojo in desktop mode, connected to my HP amp via 3.5mm to RCA. That EQ change still gets applied, right?
It’s not like TT2 switching from front HP output to independent rear outputs. Whatever settings you set are there regardless of if the unit enters desktop mode (removes battery from circuit) or not (is using battery).

Apr 5, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #3,580 of 11,001
It’s not like TT2 switching from front HP output to independent rear outputs. Whatever settings you set are there regardless of if the unit enters desktop mode (removes battery from circuit) or not (is using battery).
That's awesome! I figured as much because it’s out of the 3.5. Nice to be able to tame brightness if need be. Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #3,581 of 11,001
Omega Loudspeakers (https://omegaloudspeakers.com/) like the SAM.
Those are very cool speakers. 94.5db at 8 Ohms. No crossover. Needs 2 watts.
Did you ever resolve this besides using your iphone, find a good cable? it happens when I plug my usb a cable into a usb c adapter into my m1 pro, so loud can probably give you hearing loss and probably break headphone drivers, I'm still using my 2012 macbook with usb a because I'm honestly scared of it ruining the only headphones I like and my hearing too.
I am using a WiiM Mini with a fiber optic cable to my mojo. Kind of terrified to connect a USB cable from my computer directly to the Mojo. This is ridiculous.

Apr 6, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #3,582 of 11,001
I am using a WiiM Mini with a fiber optic cable to my mojo. Kind of terrified to connect a USB cable from my computer directly to the Mojo. This is ridiculous.
Yeah I've seen it on another forum and even discussed about mojo 1 although I never had that problem with my mojo 1, it is messed up listening in fear lol, I'm going to try using an audioquest dragontail adapter which is hopefully better built than the cheapo amazon stuff and my same cable that runs mojo 2 fine on my junky 2012 to play some headphones I don't care about far far away from my body for a few hours, if there's no zaps then maybe it's ok but yeah this should have been addressed.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #3,583 of 11,001
USB-C cables are kind of a nightmare. A large percentage of USB-C cables are primarily for charging mobile devices and only have very limited data transfer capabilities. USB-C refers to the type of connector and the actual data transfer capabilities of the cable can range from USB 2.0 (480Kbps) up to Thunderbolt 3 or 4 (up to 40Gbps depending on length). Different cables also have different abilities when it comes to charging and there are active and passive cables that can affect behavior as well. Cables for the most part are not marked (except for Thunderbolt cables) so it can be almost impossible to tell what the capabilities of a given cable are.
This issue has absolutely nothing to do with USB-C cables. It is an issue in the USB firmware that affects all Chord DACs from the Mojo to the DAVE. The exact cause hasn't been identified and Chord’s official responses are wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #3,584 of 11,001
This issue has absolutely nothing to do with USB-C cables. It is an issue in the USB firmware that affects all Chord DACs from the Mojo to the DAVE. The exact cause hasn't been identified and Chrod's official responses are wrong.
Tried a few times on some throwaway phones not on my ears, sucker didn't get me this time, spotify couldn't make it very far without it going psycho though. I know it's not only an apple exclusive issue but it's definitely an m1 monterey involved issue as my intel macs are fine and this guys post describes the same thing with an unhelpful response from chord and moronic advice from apple (restart, safe mode).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253476970

I'll try out the adapters he recommended as he seems to have found some workaround.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #3,585 of 11,001
Tried a few times on some throwaway phones not on my ears, sucker didn't get me this time, spotify couldn't make it very far without it going psycho though. I know it's not only an apple exclusive issue but it's definitely an m1 monterey involved issue as my intel macs are fine and this guys post describes the same thing with an unhelpful response from chord and moronic advice from apple (restart, safe mode).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253476970

I'll try out the adapters he recommended as he seems to have found some workaround.
It also has absolutely nothing to do with the Intel or Arm processors and occurs with both. And Chord’s quoted response in the Apple thread is also wrong. The USB firmware Chord is using is riddled with problems and that’s where this issue rests.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back