Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 1, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #1,606 of 10,451
Ordered one, will be interesting to see if Chord has indeed some special Mojo compared to stuff like the M11 Plus Ltd or a rather traditional portable DAC/amp like the TRI TK-2 or if they just specialize in a technobabble variant of audiophile mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #1,607 of 10,451
From all the years reading Rob Watt’s post, he’s always been brutally honest and very detailed in his writings. With that said, I’m not at all bothered by the very close I/O layout; it’s a given for Poly support day one also. I’m sure there are a lot of home users using the Mojo 1 or Hugo’s with micro USB cables. They can still plug and play with the Mojo 2. If you don’t like the direction a chord has taken, as Rob said, there are a plethora of offerings that would seem to suit you better. I understand people want the shiny new I/O and connectors, but Watts has stated balanced output is not something he designs in his offerings. He‘s never released a lousy-sounding DAC because you didn’t get your 4.4mm (much larger onboard than 3.5mm like his USB-C statement) connector. My Mojo 1 has served my needs just as it stands for, mobile joy.

My Son’s birthday is coming up, and he’s turning 12 and has really taken a considerable liking to headphone hifi and always ask to use my M1. So I’ve decided to replace my M1 for an M2 and will give my Son the Mojo 1 along with a brand new pair of 1st gen Focal Clear Pro (I have two brand new pairs, don’t ask…), he will be absolutely over the moon as he loves the Clear Pros and I still have my Clear Pro Mg all for myself. He spends hours with the Mojo 1 and my Clear Pro Mg, and now he will have his own Clear Pro and M1, which pair amazingly well. I’m more excited to give him his dream headphone hi-fi setup than sit on the forums and cry over Rob Watts I/O decisions, so please move on and stop whizzing on the M2 launch parade.

I will use the M2 I have on order for my campfire IEM’s and travel DAC. It’s a win-win and let’s all give Rob Watts a big round of applause for pushing out amazing DACs.
If all fathers were like that ..... :wink: He is a lucky kid!

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #1,608 of 10,451
Here is a business Idea - Mojo Deskpad
The deskpad will have all the color combination and it’s meaning for volume and EQ printed on it for quick access as a cheat sheet to run Mojo 2

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #1,611 of 10,451
Why would build Chord a Mojo with Hugo 2 specs and sound? Businesswise its would kill off Hugo TT2 sales.
Because they can't? Not without making it bigger, and then it would be a Hugo 3.

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #1,613 of 10,451
Finally the Mojo 2 is listed in my country but with "coming soon" status 😞. It's ~70 USD increase from the previous one, given the rise of chip pricess right now, it does pretty seem reasonable.

I wonder how it compares to the competition (Gryphon, Honey H1...)

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #1,614 of 10,451
Finally the Mojo 2 is listed in my country but with "coming soon" status 😞. It's ~70 USD increase from the previous one, given the rise of chip pricess right now, it does pretty seem reasonable.

I wonder how it compares to the competition (Gryphon, Honey H1...)
But priced well in India considering it cost $725 + state Tax in US

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #1,615 of 10,451
So my Mojo 2 just got delivered. Now the testing ….

Attachments

• A14D0D61-FDF1-4DB1-8765-01EAC88D72BC.jpeg
    A14D0D61-FDF1-4DB1-8765-01EAC88D72BC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 1, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #1,616 of 10,451
So my Mojo 2 just got delivered. Now the testing ….
Nice.
Have fun with.
Still on the fence, but really satisfied with the 1.

Well, the Crossfeed intrigues me by a bit. ^^

No matter what, there's always something. :)

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #1,617 of 10,451
My only concern was that it would be possible to drive my HD800S and Empyrean well enough. Headfonia said yes so I'll push the button once it's available at my favorite dealer.

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #1,618 of 10,451
I think that people who consider the USB port type and only 3.5mm socket as more important than everything else about the device, of which nobody else makes anything close to the abilities of, most definitely shouldn't buy one. It's the wrong product for you, without a doubt.

I've had USB-C connectors fail. The most reliable connector I've used has been Apple's Lightning.

Why would they cause market confusion and a huge amount of trouble for themselves re-designing a product completely, just because a few people on a forum complained? Like the Mojo, thousands of people will buy them, and almost all wont care about the USB port type.

USB-C can fail, yes, but it is much more robust and unusual to see it fail outright than with Micro USB.

I had the Mojo 1, it sounded good but the Micro USB ports both became loose and had intermittent connections (which was beyond annoying) in addition to the battery issues everyone else had. If you buy a Mojo2 and use it as a desktop DAC which is never plugged/unplugged, then the ports wont wear out. However, the constant dropping of signal, constantly replacing USB cables which the micro usb connectors also wore out on, was beyond unacceptable for a 2022 device. It will all depend on how often one plugs and unplugs the cable/ports. If you are a heavy user, using it in multiple applications, then thats a problem.

The only solution I can see is an adapter plugged into the charging port which you never remove, never wearing the port down, and using a usb-c into the adapter.

I usually agree with you, but totally disagree on this one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back