Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 9, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #648 of 10,450
Nov 10, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #649 of 10,450
With the Mojo 2 though, I would prefer more battery life over a doubling of taps. Say Mojo 2 has 1.5 times the taps of Mojo, but maybe twelve hours battery. (Or 1.75 times the taps and maybe a ten hour battery.) ... Plus there could be an upgrade in other stages of Mojo 2.

I'll be very happy if all taps were completely bypassed, whenever it's being fed either 705.6KHz or 768KHz (i.e. WavPack with lossless compression) files. In other words, we could simply enjoy up to 1 billion taps on the road with a relatively large amount of storage.

Nov 10, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #650 of 10,450
I'll be very happy if all taps were completely bypassed, whenever it's being fed either 705.6KHz or 768KHz (i.e. WavPack with lossless compression) files. In other words, we could simply enjoy up to 1 billion taps on the road with a relatively large amount of storage.
?????

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #651 of 10,450
You keep knocking Mojo (and I do like that term Mojo classic @Kentajalli) performance in that you suggest that DAPs have closed/reduced the gap in the past 5 years. But this view is not supported by the technical facts; the key technical benefits of Mojo is the zero measurable noise floor modulation (instrument separation and focus and natural warmth); the reconstruction of the timing of transients correctly (timbre variation, pitch reproduction and musicality); and the small signal accuracy (detail resolution, soundstage depth and transparency). DAC chips have not changed one iota in the past 5 years in these essential parameters - and it's these technical attributes that gives Mojo it's exceptional musical performance.

I think there should be two like buttons, as one like button is not enough for the genius post above.

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #652 of 10,450
Which is why I'm glad Chord took its time with the sequel. I appreciate them not being like most companies that pump out updates every year, and some even in less time!

Cough* ifi

Nov 12, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #653 of 10,450
Cough* ifi
Actually ifi policy made me stop investing into their gear. Adding the fact that their staff is providing wrong information about their current offerings isn't making things better. They keep me reminding Nokia: huge product line while loosing contact with customers and real world.

Nov 14, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #654 of 10,450
(and I do like that term Mojo classic @Kentajalli)
Re-reading some posts, and I caught this…

Why exactly do you like the term Mojo classic, Rob?

Was that perhaps a clue?

We have all assumed this new device is a direct successor -and presumably also a replacement for- the Mojo.

But what if it’s not?

What if Chord intends to continue production of the Mojo (perhaps slightly updated), renamed Mojo Classic?

What if Mojo 2 isn’t intended as a direct replacement, but as a slightly up-market product designed to sit between Mojo Classic and Hugo 2?

Splitting the price-points between the Mojo and the Hugo 2 puts us right around the $1500 mark… which is pretty much the Goldilocks zone for the mid-to-higher-end tier of another product market. A product market that Rob just weighed in on…

DAPs.

I’m not suggesting that Chord is jumping into that business… but at that number, the idea of a Mojo 2 with upgraded sound, filters, and internalized and upgraded Poly functionality does not sound far-fetched at all.

It doesn’t sound far-fetched… it sounds like a DAP-killer DAC. Which sounds like something very much in Chord’s interests to sell.

Or maybe I’m just reading way too far into a couple of innocuous comments. Keeps the thread interesting at least. January is a ways away…

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #657 of 10,450
Chord Bold... From the bolt jumping spider. Thats all I can say...

Mystery-teaser-2460-x-1260-2048x1049.png
gettyimages-980856498_wide-2d03dc7881c161dfd416cc1992630b1f6169e2c3.jpeg

Nov 14, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #658 of 10,450
Your over thinking, just liked the term Mojo classic! :beerchug:
Come on!
If there is no Mojo2, then the term Mojo classic would be meaningless - No?
At the very least, because of your contribution to this very thread and liking the term Classic means, there is going to be a Mojo2. I think that much is sort-of confirmed.
Most of the rest is based on the pictures, someone uploaded a while go, hype, deductions, wishful thinking (overthinking!) and the desire of Poly owners for it to be compatible with their expensive accessory!
But it is fun, never the less.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #659 of 10,450
DAPs.

I’m not suggesting that Chord is jumping into that business… but at that number, the idea of a Mojo 2 with upgraded sound, filters, and internalized and upgraded Poly functionality does not sound far-fetched at all.

It doesn’t sound far-fetched… it sounds like a DAP-killer DAC. Which sounds like something very much in Chord’s interests to sell.

Or maybe I’m just reading way too far into a couple of innocuous comments. Keeps the thread interesting at least. January is a ways away…

If Chord create something with all the advantages of a DAP; bluetooth poly functionality, and no screen or useless Ui, as we all prefer using our phones as a control center anyway, they'll tear out the jugular of the DAP market.

The entire issue with DAPs is so much manufacturer cost goes into a screen & visual UI. Also battery life too.

If Chord eliminate this in essence useless side of the DAP, while having better SQ, as a Mojo Poly does already compared to most DAPs, honestly that'd be it for any DAP in the price range of the Mojo 2. Game set match. I hope they do it, really.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #660 of 10,450
If Chord create something with all the advantages of a DAP; bluetooth poly functionality, and no screen or useless Ui, as we all prefer using our phones as a control center anyway, they'll tear out the jugular of the DAP market.

The entire issue with DAPs is so much manufacturer cost goes into a screen & visual UI. Also battery life too.

If Chord eliminate this in essence useless side of the DAP, while having better SQ, as a Mojo Poly does already compared to most DAPs, honestly that'd be it for any DAP in the price range of the Mojo 2. Game set match. I hope they do it, really.
Absolutely!
A screen-less BT controlled DAP with Mojo at its heart would get my wallet out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back