Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 14, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #661 of 10,542
Nov 14, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #662 of 10,542
You should get banned for posting the above.

Yes, I’m petrified of spiders.
Ugh, dealing with phobias sucks, I’m sorry.

I’d put my hand on your shoulder in sympathy, if that space wasn’t already occupied by the biggest, hairiest, fang-iest Brazilian wandering spider I’ve ever seen.

Oh Jesus, it’s moving toward your neck…

Nov 15, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #663 of 10,542
If Chord create something with all the advantages of a DAP; bluetooth poly functionality, and no screen or useless Ui, as we all prefer using our phones as a control center anyway, they'll tear out the jugular of the DAP market.

The entire issue with DAPs is so much manufacturer cost goes into a screen & visual UI. Also battery life too.

If Chord eliminate this in essence useless side of the DAP, while having better SQ, as a Mojo Poly does already compared to most DAPs, honestly that'd be it for any DAP in the price range of the Mojo 2. Game set match. I hope they do it, really.
I always had an idea that the reason to own DAP in the first place is that you do not need your mobile in the first place to listen to music at any place, any time without much compromising the SQ. Pairing Mojo (classic) with Xduoo transport gave me similar setup minus wifi connectivity. Just my 2 cents...

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #665 of 10,542
I considered a DAP, then thought: Why would I want pay a considerable chunk towards the source - when I'm going to be carrying my phone anyway - and the DAP interface/processor is likely to be no better (and probably worse) than my phone? I'd rather put all my funds towards the amp, and have a better sound for my money.

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #666 of 10,542
Fine, as long as your phone has enough storage (and isn’t running a whole bunch of other apps in the background whilst you are listening to music)…

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #667 of 10,542
Fine, as long as your phone has enough storage (and isn’t running a whole bunch of other apps in the background whilst you are listening to music)…
Hence the notion of a screen-less DAP with its own card reader, that can be remote controlled by BT.
If the BT is LDAC capable, one can also get CD quality or better from streaming sites.
This one box solution is right up my street/alley.
These days you can easily get 1TB microsd cards, that takes care of storage, the phone would just act as a screen.
The sticky point would be incorporating DSP such as parametric EQ into the DAP, now I can guess @Rob Watts would like to create his own DSP engine built into this possible DAP, and he may not want to!
Otherwise the rest is very do-able!
BTW this was my solution a while ago. this is a cable I put together for connecting my phone to my Mojo. Built into the cable is a tiny USB Hub and a MicroSD card-reader. I have 512GB in it. My Android phone upon inserting the cable, would recognize the storage and Mojo with no issues. all worked very well.
I only stopped using it, once I got a large card for my phone.
HUB and card-reader are about 15mm square by 5mm.

1636986025224.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #670 of 10,542
I don’t think this is possible. LDAC is lossy.
BT is lossy, period!
LDAC is a lossy codec, capable of 24/96 on paper. but it is a codec never the less.
I have tried it, you get about CD quality (subjectively) out of it.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #671 of 10,542
Neither the Mojo or Poly, for different reasons, have been very successful as truly portable solutions. I'd love to see the Mojo 2 successfully combine the two functions, controlled by a smartphone that virtually everyone already has. This could sell in spades bringing about the possibility of a price point significantly below that of a Mojo and Poly.

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #672 of 10,542
Regarding getting lossless streaming music onto a theoretical Mojo 2 with SD card…

Most DAPs have internal storage and an SD card slot… When you go to download music from a streaming app (including Apple Music) for offline listening, it will give you the choice to download it to the internal memory or the SD card. I have always assumed this is just a function of the app, obviously working in conjunction with Android. And while I have never connected an Apple iOS device to an SD card reader for the purpose of storing music, I assume that similar to a streaming app running on Android, I would also have the choice to download to either the internal memory of the iOS device or the attached SD card reader.

If this is correct, then if one were using a wired connection, wouldn’t both an Android phone and an iPhone just read this theoretical Mojo 2 as an SD card reader? And in such a scenario, allow for bit-perfect downloads from streaming apps onto the Mojo 2?

Then once the downloads were complete, wouldn’t one be able to disconnect the wired connection, establish a Bluetooth connection, and control the downloaded library on the Mojo 2 wirelessly, via the streaming app?

I could honestly care less about the ability to download onto the Mojo 2’s SD card wirelessly, versus a cable connection. I mean, if you’re downloading lossless Apple Music files at say 24/192, you’re going to be sitting around near a strong Wi-Fi connection anyway. Who would do that on their cellular plan? So the Mojo being connected to the phone for the duration of a downloading session isn’t a huge deal.

But Wireless control would be cool. Though again, not a huge deal, for me personally. A short cable and a couple of rubber bands is a little retro, but not the worst thing in the world.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #674 of 10,542
Then once the downloads were complete, wouldn’t one be able to disconnect the wired connection, establish a Bluetooth connection, and control the downloaded library on the Mojo 2 wirelessly, via the streaming app?
Not unless the streaming app developer adds this as a feature. But what would be the point? Just BT the phone to the theoretical Mojo2 and be done with it.

Or, if you want a single-device solution, buy a DAP that has support for the existing streaming services' apps.

Nov 15, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #675 of 10,542
I am sure a Mojo2 is coming. There is no denying that the Mojo is a huge success. So…you just gotta MILK it!!! Unless someone is announcing his retirement, otherwise, it is set in stone. The question is…when?

However, I see the hype are being built, and intentionally so :wink: . What do you do to a milky cow that is dripping milk … while you are craving for the Milk ? I would assume that you would disregard everything else and Suck it!!! Until your satisfaction 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back