Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 8, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #19 of 10,450
Hello everyone!

Chord will be announcing new exciting products at the hi end munich show may 9 to 12. Hoping mojo 2 will be there. Stay tuned!
It probably is the DX digital amp, or the ADC Davina, all high end products, appropriate for this show. A low end such as Mojo2 would be more appropriate for CanJam London in July or CanJam Socal in June.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #21 of 10,450
So, so much for that Mojo 2, huh? No portable love at this High End Munich.

May 9, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #22 of 10,450
So, so much for that Mojo 2, huh? No portable love at this High End Munich.
Fortunately Rob Watts is not Tim Cook and the Mojo isn't an iPhone where you should expect an 3G/S, 4/S, 5S/C/E, 6/S/+, 7/+, 8/+, X/S/R cycle. The Mojo in its current form is still an outstanding device that arguably reshaped the audiophile portable device segment. How many companies exited the portable DAC/Amp category or shuttered since the advent of the Mojo? I can't imagine a meaningful update to the Mojo that is truly needed at this time.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #23 of 10,450
Fortunately Rob Watts is not Tim Cook and the Mojo isn't an iPhone where you should expect an 3G/S, 4/S, 5S/C/E, 6/S/+, 7/+, 8/+, X/S/R cycle. The Mojo in its current form is still an outstanding device that arguably reshaped the audiophile portable device segment. How many companies exited the portable DAC/Amp category or shuttered since the advent of the Mojo? I can't imagine a meaningful update to the Mojo that is truly needed at this time.

I don't think anyone is expecting an iPhone-like release schedule. The Mojo came out in 2015, so don't think it's unreasonable to be thinking of a sequel. Yes, the current Mojo is fantastic, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon. And we also have the Hugo 2 to go off of as an example.

May 9, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #24 of 10,450
The Mojo in its current form is still an outstanding device that arguably reshaped the audiophile portable device segment.

I don't know (or care) about portable segment, but I can say Mojo is an outstanding desktop device.
I would welcome however more output power (4.4mm connector would provide that without requiring any other change), and 768K input as H2. So these two minute changes would expand Mojo capability several fold.

May 9, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #25 of 10,450
Screenshot_2019-05-09-19-47-08.png
They announced this and 2 other products which im not interested.
Will wait next for canjam if they will announce the new mojo 2?

May 9, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #26 of 10,450
I don't think anyone is expecting an iPhone-like release schedule. The Mojo came out in 2015, so don't think it's unreasonable to be thinking of a sequel. Yes, the current Mojo is fantastic, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon. And we also have the Hugo 2 to go off of as an example.
Each to their own, but I don't subscribe to the consumerist society and throwaway mentality where people are so conditioned that they’re essentially saying, "take my money, I don’t know why I need it but I will buy anything that's new." I would rather see Chord continue developing honest products that are designed without planned obsolescence. Instead I hope they focus on projects like DAVINA that might bring new technologies/leanings that eventually find their way to a complete Mojo successor. "Mojo 2" has become the equivalent of psychological or charm pricing-- Chord can add USB-C and the 768k input as small running changes without needing to market it as a sequel.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #28 of 10,450
There are a couple of things that need fixing for Mojo 2 and a few things that would be nice to have:

Current issue:
RF noise
Hiss with IEMs
USB C needed for the next gen Mojo
Faster charging

Nice to have:
Less heat but keeping class A output stage
Longer battery life
BT LDAC & aptX HD

Very nice to have:
Built in Poly with uSD card slot

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #29 of 10,450
There are a couple of things that need fixing for Mojo 2 and a few things that would be nice to have:

Current issue:
RF noise
Hiss with IEMs
USB C needed for the next gen Mojo
Faster charging

Nice to have:
Less heat but keeping class A output stage
Longer battery life
BT LDAC & aptX HD

Very nice to have:
Built in Poly with uSD card slot
Very, very nice to have, 5mm shorter :D

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #30 of 10,450
Hi guys, just writing here personal preferences in case Chord’s marketers are studying public’s to develop their next product:

Generally would like to have HQ “pocket” product for everyday usage with earphones and phone.

1. USB C with magnet, like in new MACs: lots of portable DACs are struggling with occasional disconnections when using on the go in pocket (current Mojo, Shure, etc.)
2. Flatter form factor to put under the the phone as a “sandwich”: would be perfect to have next product in same shape as a middle sized mobile phone (Ultrasone Panther is good example).
3. Concentrate on SQ of amplification section instead of power: better have HQ, but low amplification to use with earphones (good example: Opus #2 - not powerful, but great for earphones).
4. Bluetooth DAC imbedded: for more active usage experience.

PS: Shape of “Poly” / WiFi section can be same for “sandwich” type connection (good example are A&K’s player+amplifier sandwich constructions)

+1 more, as a fantasy :)
Would like to have same DAC that could be connected with phone by NFC (without any dongles)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back