Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 1, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #241 of 10,452
Refreshing the rumor mill…

no need to remind you guys this should be taken with all the salt in the world

Well, I’ve been waiting for the announcement of the Mojo 2 having owned the original as well as a Hugo and Qutest in the past. I hope Chord increases the tap count to the Hugo 2/Qutest level. The addition of the filters is a nice plus in my mind. A new battery design sounds interesting although I never really had an issue with the battery on my Mojo, and I had it for a couple years or so.

I also hope they change the USB micro connectors to USB-C. One of my fantasies was the inclusion of a microSD slot, but then it would need wifi as well, so not likely.

Looking forward to reading more …

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #242 of 10,452
Well, I’ve been waiting for the announcement of the Mojo 2 having owned the original as well as a Hugo and Qutest in the past. I hope Chord increases the tap count to the Hugo 2/Qutest level. The addition of the filters is a nice plus in my mind. A new battery design sounds interesting although I never really had an issue with the battery on my Mojo, and I had it for a couple years or so.

I also hope they change the USB micro connectors to USB-C. One of my fantasies was the inclusion of a microSD slot, but then it would need wifi as well, so not likely.

Looking forward to reading more …
Unless they’re ready to release a Hugo 3, seems unlikely Mojo 2 would have same number of taps.

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #243 of 10,452
Unless they’re ready to release a Hugo 3, seems unlikely Mojo 2 would have same number of taps.

No, there’s precedence. After the original Hugo was on the market for a year or so, the Mojo was announced with the same tap count.

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #244 of 10,452
No, there’s precedence. After the original Hugo was on the market for a year or so, the Mojo was announced with the same tap count.
Ah, didn’t know that. Fingers crossed then.

Jul 2, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #245 of 10,452
Jul 2, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #247 of 10,452
Well, I just ordered a Poly, so hoping our theoretically Mojo 2 is indeed backward compatible with it.
Well if they keep micro USB and the same casing it should but maybe they will switch to USB C

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #248 of 10,452
I asked Chord about the Mojo and was the current shortage due to them clearing the channel in preparation for Mojo 2 and they said the current shortage of product is due to chip shortage and they are working to rectify.

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #249 of 10,452
Apparently Audio-gd are also having trouble sourcing enough FPGAs…

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #251 of 10,452
Jul 7, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #252 of 10,452
YThanks for the interesting link!
If this new Xilinx chip is in the Mojo 2 I'd be very interested.
More power, more taps, lower power consumption. Now the Mojo 2 starts to really make sense.

The current supply situation is dreadful though and the launch may come later than originally planned by Chord
Yes, read the posts by @Rob Watts when he mentions that he is still waiting for the chips announced 7 years ago.

Jul 17, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #253 of 10,452
Must have features in mojo 2, (1) normal, medium and ultra low gain mode for high impedance, medium impedance and ultra sensitive ultra low impedance iems/headphones (2) hf cut off filter (3) in built wireless connectivity with compatibility to mconnect app (4) doing away with light orbs (5) usb c or other more robust port (6) easily available replaceable battery (7) less thicker but slightly bigger form factor which can be easily tucked in pocket (8) tt2 like warm yet open sound not too warm like current mojo

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #254 of 10,452
Bought both my MOJO and Poly from the UK at different times. The MOJO battery has died on me and since I don't live in the UK I have to ship it back for replacement. The dealers said there will be a MOJO 2 soon but uncertain as to when, So I'm holding on to my MOJO poly to sell and get the MOJO 2. It wont make sense to replace battery when I can trade up for the new one.

Financially it makes sense for Chord to make a new poly for the new MOJO 2.

What I'd like to see
1.) 4.4 Penta
2.) USB C
3.) User replaceable battery
4.) Same Price as Mojo was originally released at
5.) Better software for Poly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back