Chord Mojo 2 EQ settings
Feb 26, 2022 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

tomi1976

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there,
I have a bit of a trouble to find the time to fully explore the Mojo2 with wife, son and job dragging quite a lot of my free time, but, I enjoyed it so far very much!

Now, I am a bit overwhelmed with the potential of the DSP offered by Mojo2, but I am very sure some of my headphones could benefit of it quite a bit.

How about we share EQ settings for headphones we own and did some adjustments for?

A collection similar to this, only based on headphones, not songs individually:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ge-95-of-thread.885405/page-188#post-16827542

In the long run, a database on a dynamic website would be cool.
To visualize it, forget the values I put in:

1645866913218.png

Cheers,
Tomi

Feb 27, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 77
To start it:
I use currently as IEM a Sony XBA-H3 and as Headphone a Sennheiser HD 650
Both could probably benefit from EQ settings, especially the Sony is kind of out of balance with overwhelming not too precise bass… Any DSP recommendations?
Thank you and cheers!

Mar 1, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 77
Iem - EE Odin / EE EVO - to reduce shouty mids
3k (-3db) , 20k (+2db)

Mar 1, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #6 of 77
Hey there,
I have a bit of a trouble to find the time to fully explore the Mojo2 with wife, son and job dragging quite a lot of my free time, but, I enjoyed it so far very much!

Now, I am a bit overwhelmed with the potential of the DSP offered by Mojo2, but I am very sure some of my headphones could benefit of it quite a bit.

How about we share EQ settings for headphones we own and did some adjustments for?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ge-95-of-thread.885405/page-188#post-16827542

1645866913218.png

Cheers,
Tomi
Thanks for starting this thread. I am trying to find the frequency response curves for each of my headphones. I am wondering, do people recommend adjusting the Mojo 2 DSP settings to get the most accurate frequency response curve (eg. Harman) or do most people just adjust according to what they are hearing?

Mar 1, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 77
I always adjust dsp to suit my ears. In the end that"s what is important. imho

Mar 1, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 77
I always adjust dsp to suit my ears. In the end that"s what is important. imho
Thanks for your reply. I believe that you're right. That is what I have always done.

My own problem, I've discovered especially after being in this community for a while, is that I can't always tell by ear which frequencies need adjustment. I don't think that I've critically listened to headphones enough to know what "sub-bass," "mid-bass," or "mid-treble" is supposed to sound like, necessarily.

Some folks on the forums here have even modified their cans to reduce or increase a certain frequency in their can's sound and the improvement here is often verified by formal pre and post frequency response analysis.

I can also see where the objective data of each headphone's frequency response could be a starting point to make DSP adjustments. Then, tweak by ear from there, maybe?

I will experiment by ear with the Mojo 2's DSP settings for now, for sure.

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #9 of 77
Hey there,

1645866913218.png

Cheers,
Tomi
Great idea, man.

I've thought about this before with volume settings based on what dap you're using, to get an idea of how loud we all listen relative to each other.

I'll be picking up my mojo 2 soon and am really looking forward to it...the og mojo remains one of my favorite audio components.

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #10 of 77
Chord UserHeadphone@20Hz@125hz@3kHz@20khz
RobDBeyerdynamic T1 v30-200
RobDSennheiser HD565+2+200

When I got the Beyer T1, after ten seconds of listening, I was ready to return it due to overblown bass.
With some EQ applied from the Mojo 2, it does sound pretty good.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #11 of 77
My iem settings…

42BCB02D-BDB5-4508-9DD1-511948E0BB31.jpeg

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #14 of 77
This is a great initiative as well as sharing the love for the Mojo2. Mine is arriving this week and rocking the IER-Z1R. Will update!

Apr 11, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #15 of 77
Hi,

For those using the Mojo 2, the SE846, and the EQ, what is your setting? Currently I am exploring the sound.

I would like to optimize this EQ as much as possible to get somehow neutral sound with a little sparkle in the treble and the solid bass the SE846 has (without making them V shaped).

The SE846 is wonderful, but definitely very shy in the treble.

Edit: I am trying now with the following EQ: 20 Hz +0 dB; 125 Hz -1dB; 3 kHz +1dB; 20 kHz +3 dB. I am tempted to increase the higher frequencies much more, what I did but it caused fatigue, and I am not so quite sure what would be the upper limit.

What are your thoughts? any recommendations?

Note: I have posted a version of this question in the SE846 thread, and moved it here since it is most probably a better place for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back