Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 11, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #37,096 of 42,765
Keeping the receipt is good practice, whatever you buy.
You will have to register your Mojo on the Chord website https://chordelectronics.co.uk/get-support/

Oh, I see. This will prove my unit is eligible for warranty, and not one of those those black-listed units from Massdrop, correct?
With this registration, I can be sure that I can deal with Chord directly should there are issues with the unit, without the need to send my unit to the retail store, first.

Am I getting this right?

I'm about 95% set on buying the Mojo, just want to make sure that the unit will be covered by Chord even without the retail store's involvement.

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #37,097 of 42,765
Oh, I see. This will prove my unit is eligible for warranty, and not one of those those black-listed units from Massdrop, correct?
With this registration, I can be sure that I can deal with Chord directly should there are issues with the unit, without the need to send my unit to the retail store, first.

Am I getting this right?

I'm about 95% set on buying the Mojo, just want to make sure that the unit will be covered by Chord even without the retail store's involvement.

you are correct... Chord are pretty good at Customer-Service so have no fear, you can also contact me if you have a problem with your device that said, the 'official' route should always be 'first port of call'.

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #37,099 of 42,765
And if your Mojo is bought secondhand (like mine), and I don't have the receipe anymore, can I still contact Chord to repair it if any future problems occur?
The default is always first attempt the return via the dealer>distributor>chord route

However about a year ago, @Mojo ideas did post that if return via dealer was impossible (especially if bought via amazon), then contact him to agree how to proceed.
Today I think the process has evolved slightly, meaning contact @OK-Guy instead of Mojo ideas.

Aug 11, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #37,100 of 42,765
Wow synergy is everything isnt it?

Mojo - LCD-2 = Hmm something missing
Fiio E12A - LCD-2 = Flat sound and hmm.. no not happy
Mojo - E12A - LCD-2 = Magic happens

Finally I have a sound that Im really satisfied with. No more searching, now I can at last start to just listen

Aug 11, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #37,101 of 42,765
Wow synergy is everything isnt it?

Mojo - LCD-2 = Hmm something missing
Fiio E12A - LCD-2 = Flat sound and hmm.. no not happy
Mojo - E12A - LCD-2 = Magic happens

Finally I have a sound that Im really satisfied with. No more searching, now I can at last start to just listen

It appears you like a dirtier, grittier sound from the distortion. Mojos output is too clean for some people but for me i love the purity.

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #37,102 of 42,765
It appears you like a dirtier, grittier sound from the distortion. Mojos output is too clean for some people but for me i love the purity.

Could be, but I too enjoy clean sound. But I also need some umph to the sound. I want both.
The vocals are now maybe a liiittle bit more dirty but the thing is this is the first time I hear that meaty signature of lcd-2 everybodys talking about. Much better dynamics. I dont understand how. Mojo is twice as powerful as e12a.

And one thing I never understood, a amp should only amplify the signal nothing less nothing more? How can it change the sound signature? It choose to amplify some part of the signal more and some less? It should be the same sound of the Mojo but just amplified?

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #37,103 of 42,765
Could be, but I too enjoy clean sound. But I also need some umph to the sound. I want both.
The vocals are now maybe a liiittle bit more dirty but the thing is this is the first time I hear that meaty signature of lcd-2 everybodys talking about. Much better dynamics. I dont understand how. Mojo is twice as powerful as e12a.

lack of distortion, the E12A is fattening up the bass and adding a bit of zing to the treble.

And one thing I never understood, a amp should only amplify the signal nothing less nothing more? How can it change the sound signature? It choose to amplify some part of the signal more and some less? It should be the same sound of the Mojo but just amplified?

It is just amplifying the sound of Mojo but its inejecting a lot of its own distortion in to the signal so thats why it sounds different.

Audeze actually used Mojo when they were developing some of their portable planars.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #37,105 of 42,765
Oh man only if Mojo had a bass boost.
I hate booming sound and over powered bass. Like I said I relly love clean sound but the bass has to be there too.
I guess I have to get a proper headphone amp for that.

You could use a bit of EQ, to be honest with you when i had LCD2 before i tried them with a load of high power amps Burnson soloist, King Rex etc and they still didnt sound punchy to me, actually quite flat (i never heard amazing bass slam). I ended up sticking with the HD650s more dynamic sound.

If i remeber rightly the only way of having that more powerful bass sound and ultra low distortion at the same time is by using super caps, they are in Chord TT and TT2.

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #37,106 of 42,765
You could use a bit of EQ, to be honest with you when i had LCD2 before i tried them with a load of high power amps Burnson soloist, King Rex etc and they still didnt sound punchy to me, actually quite flat (i never heard amazing bass slam). I ended up sticking with the HD650s more dynamic sound.

If i remeber rightly the only way of having that more powerful bass sound and ultra low distortion at the same time is by using super caps, they are in Chord TT and TT2.

I always get a boomy sound when I use Eq. Could be me that sucks at it.

One day maybe I get the TT. Cant afford it now.

Maybe I should have got a pre-fazor LCD. Is it possible to remove it you think?

Aug 11, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #37,107 of 42,765
And if your Mojo is bought secondhand (like mine), and I don't have the receipe anymore, can I still contact Chord to repair it if any future problems occur?

'IF' I had a problem, I would always see if there was a Chord-Dealer close to me first so I could seek advice on the problem. If the Dealer option was not available to me I would contact Chord direct for help, you can contact Chord Support by direct email: info@chordelectronics.co.uk or via the Website: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/contact-us/ hope that helps.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #37,108 of 42,765
The default is always first attempt the return via the dealer>distributor>chord route.. However about a year ago, @Mojo ideas did post that if return via dealer was impossible (especially if bought via amazon), then contact him to agree how to proceed.
Today I think the process has evolved slightly, meaning contact @OK-Guy instead of Mojo ideas.

you can always contact Mojo-Ideas if you have a problem, he's very pro-active... I'm here to help when he's not around hth.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #37,110 of 42,765
6TX  Mojo.png

Mojo connected via the (new) Headstage Arrow 6TX.
The 6TX provides the best Bass Boost I had ever experienced with a portable amp/dac.
This combination provides amazing audio quality!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back