Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 27, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #36,227 of 42,765
I'll be looking to buy two types of additional cables if I end up liking the Mojo- micro USB to USB for charging and using the Mojo with a computer (will want some length), and micro USB to micro USB OTG for use with a Samsung Galaxy S7. I'm not entirely confident about the selections I'd make. I saw one comment about an OTG cable used with a DAC/amp that it both drains the phone's battery and seriously degrades the sound, and I'm also wondering if it's possible to screw up the USB cable causing either problems with charging or worse sound. Help appreciated.

I know this stuff has been covered but I'd really like to know if I can screw up here.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #36,228 of 42,765
For those who are interested, I am selling my Moon Audio Blue Dragon 1-ft. USB A-to-Micro cable which I used to connect my Mojo to CCK 3. The ad can be found in the "cables for sale" forum.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #36,229 of 42,765
What does everyone think regarding mojo's handling of large orchestral pieces? Some reports indicate mojo has to work hard here say as an example compared to hugo 2 or is mojo fully up to the task and able to excel here too?

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #36,230 of 42,765
What does everyone think regarding mojo's handling of large orchestral pieces? Some reports indicate mojo has to work hard here say as an example compared to hugo 2 or is mojo fully up to the task and able to excel here too?

Personally, I never cared for any orchestral music until I listened with the mojo. I cannot compare to the Hugo though.

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #36,231 of 42,765
The best sounding usb cable that connects my Mojo>CCK 3>iPhone 6s that I have come across is the Curious Cables 280mm Hugo Link for $160. To my ears, it adds just enough detail without being excessive, a bit more clarity and presents sound in a musical and relatively full-bodied manner.

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #36,232 of 42,765
Just got my Mojo, nonresponsive when plugged into PC through the data port with the Windows 10 driver installed. Same with the generic Windows driver. I thought no charge would be necessary for a PC connection?

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #36,233 of 42,765
Just got my Mojo, nonresponsive when plugged into PC through the data port with the Windows 10 driver installed. Same with the generic Windows driver. I thought no charge would be necessary for a PC connection?
Wrong. It uses the battery 100% of the time. Plus you should charge it completely prior to first use.

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #36,234 of 42,765
O my God... I thought the battery was bypassed when connected to a PC!!! Anyway I can do that or is it always forced to use the battery? This might push me toward iDSD Micro BL. How does the sound of the Micro BL compare?

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #36,235 of 42,765
O my God... I thought the battery was bypassed when connected to a PC!!! Anyway I can do that or is it always forced to use the battery? This might push me toward iDSD Micro BL. How does the sound of the Micro BL compare?
They both use the battery no matter what. If the mojo is fully charged prior to use it will just trickle charge when connected to the computer. If the iDSD is powered off prior to connecting to the computer it will charge and play at the same time as well. Once fully charged it will trickle charge as well as long as your not pushing to much power. No way to bypass on either setup.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #36,237 of 42,765
That's false. If you turn on the Nano or the Micro after plugging it in the battery is bypassed. I've also been told by iFi that it doesn't charge and play simultaneously so you can prevent the battery from being constantly charged. This makes me question whether you actually know how the Mojo functions. I hope you're wrong or I might have to return it. Constant use of the battery is moronic.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #36,238 of 42,765
Just received the mojo, excellent .... but please tell me how to charge? when switched off or with lights on, explain to me thank you.

Plug the cable into the charging port on the Mojo and connect to a computer or a charging device. If you flip the Mojo over the wrong way (another great design choice) you should see a little light indicating it's charging.

Here's what iFi say about how their devices take care of the battery:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx162YMN29B2I6/
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx14EH1F2WYCA5I/

If Chord screwed up here that might be a deal-breaker for me. You can't mess with the battery on a device like this.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #36,239 of 42,765
That's false. If you turn on the Nano or the Micro after plugging it in the battery is bypassed. I've also been told by iFi that it doesn't charge and play simultaneously so you can prevent the battery from being constantly charged. This makes me question whether you actually know how the Mojo functions. I hope you're wrong or I might have to return it. Constant use of the battery is moronic.

It's how the Mojo functions. Keep in mind there is a SQ advantage to being run off the battery insofar that it doesn't have to deal with EMI issues from an external PS.

Many years ago I had an Ack! dAck! which was a desktop DAC using a battery PS. This was touted as a feature.

Unlike the Ack! you can actually charge the Mojo's battery while using it at the same time.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #36,240 of 42,765
Only in Eco mode. http://support.ifi-audio.com/kb/faq.php?id=57. You're partially right. It doesn't charge but if you're in Normal or Turbo mode the battery will drain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back