Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 10, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #35,926 of 42,765
Look after your lady, because she is there for you, when we are logged off. :wink:

Just done, she's nicely sleeping, my loved Nuclear Engineer that she is. THX.

Just listening with MOJO and CFA Lyra II giving justice to them all at
David Elias, Red Tail Guide.
Next ones John Gorka, Flying Red Horse, Mercy On The Wheels, Love Is Our Cross To Bear (Aix Records version, worth checking whole album as Mark Waldrep did a magnificent recording)
Then some songs from Carrie Newcomer (The Slender Thread album; one of the best ever recorded albums IMHO. I was lucky to be able to download it when Stockfish Records still was allowing to do that, now sadly enough it is available only on SACD from them).

So, something more 'bout me, with a little thread derailing: I'm Daniele, shortie for Dan, Italian and I mean one of the good ones, ya all know what I mean. I work hard (System Analyst and Audio SW consultant: I recommend audio playing and editing SW) and I do care after people having less (or can barely make their way to end of month) in my spare time :)
Living in Northern Italy, Lake Como, Lecco is the city, 50 meters from Lake as the the crow flies.
I was born 51yrs ago in Umbria, Central Italy. Old values, no-nonsense ethics.

Someone of you getting in Italy? Poke at me!

Cheers to all of you

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #35,927 of 42,765
None the wiser. You have repeated the question rather than answering!

There are two types of possible failures:

1)CCK is NOT recognized in the Settings=>...... This is kinda EPIC failure. This means that Apple seriously has broken backwards compatibility if with previous iOS version CCK was recognized by iOS.

2)CCK IS recognized in the Setting=>...... BUT does NOT get a hold of Mojo. This is what looks like we've being experiencing here.

So, all in all what to do? How to behave?
IMHO....with no evidence -up to now- of CCK 3.0 misbehaving AND with the support from CCK 3.0 of OTF firmware upgrade what probably would Apple do?
Revising the whole code of iOS for all of the iDevices parking lot or just plainly advice customers experiencing the issue to go the CCK 3.0 way knowing that future troubles in that sense could easily be addressed by releasing an upgraded FW for just CCK 3.0 and peacefully (well not quite so for us, but this another story to be told) de-facto phasing out CCK 2.0 ?
You can bet the second option will be a homerun in their deciding rooms.

I hope this time I did answer in line with you question, sorry for previous time, mate.

Dan

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #35,928 of 42,765
Someone of you getting in Italy? Poke at me!

Cheers to all of you

Stayed in Northern Italy a few years back, halfway up a mountain in Aosta Valley, in a lady’s B&B for four nights as a way of saying thank you for helping her setup a website. Think it was above Montjovet if my memory serves me correct, absolutely delightful, right off the beaten track!

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #35,929 of 42,765
@Mython has already quoted one of my posts regarding using the Shanling M1.
@Deftone also has a suggestion which I think has the benefit of a larger user screen for not much more money.
However both daps are controllable from a phone using the hibylink app, so to my biased mind seem like a no-brainer short term solution. This would buy you enough time to consider other options which may become available in the next year or two. :slight_smile:

Agreed.
Just a disclosure:
My 82yrs old father (hearing impaired) blasted the previous desktop DAC and Amp setup. With Dave being my wet dream with a desktop amp to buy as well (and a portable DAC with balanced output coming next by a very small margin), I'll have to consider each 100 bucks quid.
EDIT: probably I'll be hunting for a Class A AMP to color a little bit either Hugo 2 or Dave sound rendition.
Especially given the fact that I've a fully working mobile setup already :)

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #35,930 of 42,765
Agreed.
Just a disclosure:
My 82yrs old father (hearing impaired) blasted the previous desktop DAC and Amp setup. With Dave being my wet dream with a desktop amp to buy as well (and a portable DAC with balanced output coming next by a very small margin), I'll have to consider each 100 bucks quid.
Especially given the fact that I've a fully working mobile setup already :)

Rather than Dave, do consider Hugo 2 or even Hugo 1 which has a great lively exciting sound. No desktop amps recommended with any of them, so as to keep maximum detail, unless you desire to add artificial warmth.

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #35,931 of 42,765
Stayed in Northern Italy a few years back, halfway up a mountain in Aosta Valley, in a lady’s B&B for four nights as a way of saying thank you for helping her setup a website. Think it was above Montjovet if my memory serves me correct, absolutely delightful, right off the beaten track!

And I expected such a positive report.
For how much abused it might sound, there are hidden gems in Tuscany as well. No need to go to Florence, with it's high prices.
There is a load of friendly and open-hearted family-run B&Bs . From that base, apparently in the middle of nothing, in 1hr of train/drive you can reach for mountains and seaside at your will.

Just ask me in PM

Bedtime now, 1:52 right now here :)

See you all Tomorrow mates, have good listenings :smile_phones:

Dan

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #35,933 of 42,765
So I've finally bought a chord mojo to be used with my pc, I've plugged it in and installed its drivers. I've also added the WASAPI component to foobar2000 and can now play flac bit perfect. When I tried to play a dsd, the ball does not turn white, instead it shows up as blue. How do I output dsd to the chord mojo? I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to software so I'm gonna need a lot of explaining everything. When I first got dsd, I installed some other components on foobar2000 (these: https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-play-dsd-files-on-foobar/). I'm not sure if I did anything wrong.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #35,934 of 42,765
So I've finally bought a chord mojo to be used with my pc, I've plugged it in and installed its drivers. I've also added the WASAPI component to foobar2000 and can now play flac bit perfect. When I tried to play a dsd, the ball does not turn white, instead it shows up as blue. How do I output dsd to the chord mojo? I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to software so I'm gonna need a lot of explaining everything. When I first got dsd, I installed some other components on foobar2000 (these: https://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-play-dsd-files-on-foobar/). I'm not sure if I did anything wrong.

Can you try:
In foobar: file->preferences->Playback->output->Device "DSD:ASIO:ASIO Chord 1.05"?

You may need to install:
http://www.foobar2000.org/getcompon...8fb9adb007ae4acc5/foo_out_asio.fb2k-component

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #35,935 of 42,765
Can you try:
In foobar: file->preferences->Playback->output->Device "DSD:ASIO:ASIO Chord 1.05"?

You may need to install:
http://www.foobar2000.org/getcompon...8fb9adb007ae4acc5/foo_out_asio.fb2k-component

just tried this, the ball glows light purple(768) rather than completely white? also, when i play other audio, say a youtube video then go back to foobar, foobar doesn't play and shows an error message.

"Unrecoverable playback error: Could not start ASIO playback"

whats the difference between wasapi event and push? event also has the problem where changing from youtube to foobar causes foobar to stop while push doesn't have that problem. however push cuts the beginning of the track

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #35,936 of 42,765
just tried this, the ball glows light purple(768) rather than completely white? also, when i play other audio, say a youtube video then go back to foobar, foobar doesn't play and shows an error message.

whats the difference between wasapi event and push? event also has the problem where changing from youtube to foobar causes foobar to stop while push doesn't have that problem. however push cuts the beginning of the track

looks the browser /app is not releasing the device. Close browser /app and try..

Apr 11, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #35,938 of 42,765

Foobar needs to own Chord ASIO driver with exclusive control: this is especially true when bitstreaming DSD.
You have to assign you PC's own soundcard to play system events or i.e. YouTube.

What OS have you got?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back